Author Topic: Brotherhood Avenging Angel (think a Joan D'Arc type).  (Read 4699 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Brotherhood Avenging Angel (think a Joan D'Arc type).
« on: December 11, 2007, 07:50:17 PM »
Wanted to create a bhood character with a new discipline of powers called "divinity.  Imagined her as a being able to channel the art transforming her into a glowing white champion of light in battle.

Here are some initial thoughts (my point costs are probably way off), but thought I'd toss it into the mix.  I'm just playing around with this, so suggestions and contibutions are welcome.

....and yeah, I know there's already the Vestal character, I was just feeling creative. 

CC: 11  RC: 12  PW:  13   AC: 3  WD:  3   ST: 5   MV: 3/6*  AR: 21  SZ:  2

*jump pack or mech. wings.

Gear: Book of Art, Mortis Swrd, Mp22, Hsg Final Blessing Spikes

Special: Mortal, Channel (divinity), Division Commander, First Strike

Divinity power ideas--

Assault of Heaven -  Imbiebed with righteous fury channeler hurtles into combat - Cost, 6, Range: Self, Magnitude: 4, Actions: 1.  Model gains Enhanced Charge: 2 and Secondary Attack until end of turn.

Glow of Divine Light - Channeler glows with divine power - Cost 8, Range: Self, Magnitude: 4, Actions: 1, Save: N/A, Target unit is -1 CC & -1 RC (-2CC for Dark Legion) until the end of turn when attacking this model.

Expunge The Darkness - Light channels from heaven and then shoots from channeler into dark enemies nearby.  Cost: 6, Works vs. Dark Legion Only.  Range: CC, Magnitude: 4, Actions: 1, Save: LD, DM: 10, Sweep.

Warcry of Bliss - Terrifying is the cry of righteousness if you stand in its way - Cost: 6, Range: SR, Magnitude: 4, Actions: 1, Friendly units in range get Inspire: 1 until end of turn.  Enemy must save vs. LD or suffer -1 LD until end of turn.

Wave of Righteous Fury - Cost: 8, Range: SR, Magnitude: 4, Actions: 1.  All friendly units in range gain +1 CC until end of turn.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: Brotherhood Avenging Angel (think a Joan D'Arc type).
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 03:16:19 AM »
i donīt think a new art-aspect is needed, but nevertheless:

Assault of Heaven -  Imbiebed with righteous fury channeler hurtles into combat - Cost, 6, Range: Self, Magnitude: 4, Actions: 1.  Model gains Enhanced Charge: 2 and Secondary Attack until end of turn.
very nice spell, perhaps to difficult (1-9 only) or even still to weak
(i would rarely risk 1 action to get 2 1-7 hit chance St 9 (?) attacks. just the +2 move (6-8? or just on foot?) is perhaps the useful thing)

Glow of Divine Light - Channeler glows with divine power - Cost 8, Range: Self, Magnitude: 4, Actions: 1, Save: N/A, Enemy units are -1 CC & -1 RC (-2CC for Dark Legion) until the end of turn when attacking this model.

to weak. just -1 and you sacrifice 1/3 of the models activation on a 1-9 chance..

Expunge The Darkness - Light channels from heaven and then shoots from channeler into dark enemies nearby.  Cost: 6, Works vs. Dark Legion Only.  Range: CC, Magnitude: 4, Actions: 1, Save: LD, DM: 10, Sweep.

is to hit roll nececcary? or are just all guys in CC hit by DAM 10? (+allowing a save?)

seems to weak also.. lets say 3 guys in CC
A) 3 attacks with the mortis -> ~1.5 hits
B) Spell, 3 auto-hits (right?) but save -> ~1.5 hits. of course, still 2 actions (~1 hit) left. but the casting risk...

-> i would reform this spell into some kind of light-grenade with a template

Warcry of Bliss - Terrifying is the cry of righteousness if you stand in its way - Cost: 6, Range: SR, Magnitude: 4, Actions: 1, Friendly units in range get Inspire: 1 until end of turn.  Enemy must save vs. LD or suffer -1 LD until end of turn.

well, again, too weak, imho.

SR means normally max 2 units in range and perhaps 1 or 2 enemy units.
the 1 point on leadership is nice, but is only good if you loose -> i would probably donīt risk the action and just attack.
the -1 enemy LD will only affect ~1/2 to 2/5 of the affected units (ld save) which comes down to <1    -> barly worth the casting risk..

Wave of Righteous Fury - Cost: 8, Range: SR, Magnitude: 4, Actions: 1.  All friendly units in range gain +1 CC until end of turn.
ok in a dedicated CC setup, but still not impressive (many crucifiers surrounding the light champ  :-*)

lets say 2 units + char are close to the enemy.
caster cast his spell and uses 1-2 actions (concentrated??).
enemy activates and kills some guys affected by the spell.
only then you can use the +1 CC on one of the units by activating it.
then its the enemy and then you, if something not activated still lives.
-> few models will actually get to use +1 CC

=> nice start, but the magic (in uwz in general) needs to be

A) more effective to reflect their fickle nature (~50%/50%)

or

B) needs to be much more reliable and can stay weak.

cuīs
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Re: Brotherhood Avenging Angel (think a Joan D'Arc type).
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:14:39 AM »
New Art? 

Well, I'm a sucker for variety.  Harkens back to my old D&D days those lovely lists of magic items and all...

When the original Realm of Chaos book came out I shuddered with delight at the hundreds of mutations (it is a gamer weakness of mine, I admt it).

AFA your suggestions - Interesting - the funny thing is, I actually was afarid the new spells were too powerful.  I was hesitant to overpower the heroes (a la 1st ed.).  But I like your ideas overall.  So what changes do you think would make them work without being unbalancing.

D