Author Topic: Origins 2008  (Read 20792 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Origins 2008
« on: November 27, 2007, 09:48:10 PM »
Okay it is that magic time when myself and a few others begin planning events for Origins. As always I would like to see as many of my fellow forumites as possible attend. Please post a line if you can make it or if you are thinking of attending. Currently a mix of Warzone, Chronopia and a few other events are in the early stages of planning.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 11:54:31 AM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
Re: Origins 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 06:28:27 AM »
As you know, I am tentatively planning on attending, but with the divorce still going on my plans are at best radically tentative, but I will be there if at all possible.

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 07:56:02 AM »
I will be there in spirit!   :D

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 08:46:48 AM »
Hell if my job situation doesn't change soon I may not make it but the planning goes on with faith in the future and hopes for a new job in 2008. Jason I know you'll be there if possible and Wedge, I would love for you to make it but understand if you can't. I have one hard rule about my gaming and it is one shared by the rest of the Midwest Crusaders (The Boys From Illinois and The Ohio Gang) - Life trumps gaming. You and the West Coast will be represented -  my Cybertronic forces will be there so you'll be there my friend. You may even get more paint jobs when people see how bitchin my figs look.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:53:08 AM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 02:44:23 PM »
As if I have an option.  ;D  Of course I'll be there.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Spagg

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 11:57:26 AM »
The plan was for me to go as well (with Mark of course). I believe it was Topkick that said life trumps gaming, which is what has happened for me. The great news is, it's all the good parts of life. My wife and I are expecting our first child!! We are also in the middle of selling our current home (looks like it is sold!!) and building a new home (of course we started this endeavor before we knew she was pregnant!!). So I will not be at any cons this year (I was really wanting to attend Origins). Hope everyone that makes it has a great time.

BTW...Hang in there Southpaw. I didn't realize you are going through a divorce. I have been there my friend and I wish you all the best.

Scott

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 12:07:15 PM »
Spagg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long time no see sir. Gald to hear of the good tidings. Too bad Thom doesn't have the CafePress store anymore. They had an Imperial onesy that was cool.

Offline Spagg

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 12:46:23 PM »
Spagg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long time no see sir. Gald to hear of the good tidings. Too bad Thom doesn't have the CafePress store anymore. They had an Imperial onesy that was cool.

Hey brother!!! Did you ever get the e-mail I sent you replying to to your pm??