Author Topic: WARZONE PATROL FALL 2005  (Read 15848 times)

Offline Dentatus

• Glass Graphics Studio
WARZONE PATROL FALL 2005
« on: September 21, 2005, 11:21:24 AM »
WARZONE PATROL PROJECT      FALL 2005

First off, I’d like to thank everyone who expressed interest and plans to participate - this is shaping up into an excellent little contest.
INTENT: The idea behind this is to create small, versatile forces for use in Excelsior Entertainment’s excellent table top game: War zone -  Ultimate Edition. Each participant should chose a single faction and create a sort of ‘General Purpose’ force that, in their mind, is indicative of the units and fighting style for their selection. The force in question must not exceed a Point Cost of  800 points as calculated by the Warzone, Ultimate Edition rulebook. It can be no smaller than 500 points as calculated in the same manner. These boundaries include any special abilities, equipment, or options available to the army. Think of these forces as starter or demo armies.

SOME RULES: Stated simply, these are the basic guidelines for participating in this little project. Please read them carefully.

1. Where possible, all models in the force must be Excelsior Entertainment miniatures - period. No calling GW Grots “Jungle Kommandos” - no Space Marines posing as “Children of Illian”.  Proxy models are allowed only as long as the model or unit type in question is still unavailable. For example, I have read several posts were someone is using UM VOID Syntha models for  Cybertronic People’s Volunteer units. This is a fine idea, but  not permitted here. Not that we are trying to ruin your fun or squelch your creativity and resourcefulness… I simply want to showcase Excelsior Entertainment’s  range of miniatures and the Warzone universe.

2. That being said, it is perfectly acceptable to have some “Internal Proxies”.  Meaning you may employ other models in the range to represent specific troops, providing some common sense is used and the change is clearly noted. For example, I plan to proxy out Viktor Battlesuits for Vulkans in my Bauhaus force, simply because the Viktors are so cool.
Conversions and modifications are encouraged, providing the new bits and  new troop type is clearly stated. For example, someone recently posted several pictures of DL “Blight Commandoes”, using, if I recall correctly, the Imperial plastic sprues and some GW Zombie heads. That type of conversion is acceptable as it is a fantastic idea, the Blight Commando miniatures are currently unavailable, and some 95% of the finished model was made by Excelsior.
I hope I have made the spirit and intent of this section clear. If you have nay questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

3. All models in the Warzone Patrol force are to be painted to at least a decent table top standard. If you are in the habit of bringing everything up to Competition Standard - more power to you!  Most of us have plenty of other things to do and would love to have the time. Now it would also be great if they were painted by YOU, yourself personally. But, if they are not, then simply be honest and note which ones were painted by a third party.

PROJECT SCHEDULE
1. The project is designed to stretch over the course of  three (3) months, October through December. This is  to avoid overloading people’s schedule, especially as the Holiday season approaches.
2. Each month participants are expected to post a brief description and at least one (1) picture of a painted section of their force. The Deadline for this is the last day of the month, midnight, local time. I cannot anticipate people’s force composition, so the rough posting schedule is as follows:
OCTOBER: First Section (Grunts)
NOVEMBER: Second Section (Elites)
DECEMBER: Third Section (Characters/Support/Vehicles)
It is also recommended each Entrant include at least ONE shot of their entire force in December as well.

This is a loose format as some armies might be composed of almost entirely Grunt troops and only one section need be painted each month.

JUDGING, CATEGORIES, PRIZES AND FREE STUFF
I’m working on it. So stay tuned…

GOOD LUCK!

Offline Dentatus

• Glass Graphics Studio
Re: WARZONE PATROL FALL 2005
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 07:06:11 PM »
Hope that helps. I'd wanted to create either a Cybertronic or Imperial Wolfpack force, but time and other responsibilites will not permit me to do so.

I'd be happy to help in other ways if needed, and as I mentioned, the trophy panel offer still stands. 
Take Care

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
Well, that was interesting...

Anyhow, it's great to be back on.  I have missed you all - really.  As for the painting contest, it is, as far as I am concerned, still on, though we will have to resort the dates, etc.

I am extrememly busy with wok and family at the time, though I am off of work for an entire week as of the 26th of September, 2005.  I will do my utmost to get this thing back on track in that time period.  Please, stay tuned.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Raganorock

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 09:03:17 PM »
Hey, it's great to see this board is back online. it also has a nice new look. Im back in.  btw my old forum name was BrotherCaptain X. Also I m still donw for Muwijhe sooo time to dust off those WIP models~

X

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 08:04:57 AM »
How do we enter?

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 12:21:32 PM »
So how do we sign up for this?...maybe I just missed that...(entirely possible, I'm very tired right now, and it is the middle of the afternoon)...

B

Stalker...I know you're twitching back there...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 04:07:07 AM »
Your first post with pics is your registration.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 01:52:05 PM »
Your first post with pics is your registration.

-PFC joe

another probably dumb question...

do I use HTML coding to link the pic to the forum?

B

(have to find my digital camera)

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 02:13:11 PM »
<url=www.whateveryourlinkis.com>text describing your url </url>

replace the carrot thingies with Brackets ] and [ in the appropriate places.

-PFC joe

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 05:49:03 PM »
<url=www.whateveryourlinkis.com>text describing your url </url>

replace the carrot thingies with Brackets ] and [ in the appropriate places.

-PFC joe

thank you very much...now to get those pics online...

now which army to use...

B

Offline TwoGunBob

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 08:09:52 AM »
So... only Ronin and I are entering? I mean October was the deadline and no other entries popped up so I suppose the patrol is off?  :-\
Currently playing:
Bow House: Saggy Old Ellie
Dark Lesion: Ill Ian, Whored
Empirical: I D... Ef' Em

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 03:31:45 PM »
I'm in there!  I'll get my posts up shortly.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 08:06:56 PM »
It is, still, on...I need to talk to Thom about the specifics (prize support, etc.).  Unfortunately, life (kids, wife, work, work, family, and more work) has precluded me from being a stellar moderator for this.  I will try to get the thing back up and running as it should be...by all means, feel free to keep painting until I can get a moment to inhale and exhale a few times.

Work has me running ragged (see the VAoD Battle Report).  My family has me running ragged (my grandfather is home from the hospital, and I am one of the primary caregivers, being an ex-USAF medic, and all).  As it is football season, my printing business is, also, in full swing (see above for, '...and more work').  If I were any more ragged, you could, actually, call me...(wait for it)...Andy...Ha, get it?

editor's note: the last pun should be testament to how friggin' wasted, mentally, I am.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 08:09:23 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2005, 06:15:08 AM »
I know your pain. I've also had too much on my plate to give this the attention it deserves.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Firefly

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2005, 08:16:24 PM »
I'll try and work up an army list this weekend and post some pictures.