Author Topic: DARK GOLEMs - DISCORD, FLAME, ICE, VOID  (Read 4188 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
DARK GOLEMs - DISCORD, FLAME, ICE, VOID
« on: November 27, 2007, 02:09:33 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions for proxy models???

D

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: DARK GOLEMs - DISCORD, FLAME, ICE, VOID
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 07:09:58 PM »
You could always have Wedge make you one.

He made a really cool ice golem/demon for Coil for Chronopia, I believe.  Wedge, pictures?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 08:02:07 AM »
No, I didn't take any pictures.  Coil might have.  But I can tell you where I got it.  It was a Crystal Golem put out by Reaper.

I added a shield made from layers of a diet coke 2-Litre Bottle (because it was curved slightly), and the icicle sword was made from plasticard.  If you convert it like I did it becomes a decent proxy for the Crystal Lotus Ice Golem spell.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 09:24:17 AM by Wedge »

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 08:38:05 AM »
I was lucky enough to get my hands on enough golems to make all the versions. I just gave them different paint schemes. ;D I like that Reaper miniature it would make a great golem of ice. ;) Also they make pretty good looking flesh and clay golems which could be used. Just add a Azoghar and your done. ;D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 09:24:46 AM by Wedge »
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 11:30:12 AM »
Wyrd Miniatures has a new Ice Golem out that has definite potential.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/shop/product.php?productid=16189&cat=255&page=1

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 07:18:56 PM »
Ice Paraelemental from WotC's Chainmail line.

The Fire Elemental or Ice Elemental from WotC's D&D minis line.

Reaper's Fire Elemental.

Dark Age's Ice Elemental.

Of course this guy is armed with an Azoghar, so you'll need to put one of those in his hands.  Most of those being molded in clear resin or plastic (the Dark Age has an optional pewter version) would make it difficult for modifications.  Also some of them may be larger than a size 3 model.  I know the Dark Age Ice Elemental is.

Another possibility is to use the Golem of Darkness and just paint him different colors.  Firey Red for a Golem of Flame, Icey Blue for a Golem of Ice, Black for a Golem of the Void, and something different than the whatever you paint your Golem of Darkness to be the Golem of Discord.

Another possibility is to use the plastic Nepharites from Blood Berets and Seige of the Citadels.  They're a bit small compared to the Warzone Nepharites but are armed with an Azoghar.  And you can use the gun on the Blood Berets Nepharite as his Incendiary Bellows.
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.

Offline CmdrKiley

• Mini Art of War
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 07:32:42 PM »
Another model that has a very Azoghar looking weapon and is the right size is Dark Age's Warhead and Warhead #2 models.

Also both the new and old versions of Raze may work too.

They both seem to be a bit more golem'ish than the elementals mentioned above.
Back in my day we didn't have that fancy non-toxic pewter stuff.  We played with lead, LEAD I TELL YA! and we liked it.