Author Topic: Battle Report of 1000 point clash between Capitol and Cartel and a NEWS FLASH!  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
*****IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH FROM CAPITOL NEWS NETWORK******

"Good evening, from San Dorado, and to all the inhabited worlds, this is Chris Estevez with breaking news.
Reports today from Neo Jersey confirm that the Cartel, at 12:45 pm today, attacked without warning the CGF  46th Light Recon Platoon, and either killed or captured the entire force.   Robert Steeves, a representative of The Cartel had this to say..."
*scratchy voice recording*  "The Military Unit designated the 46th Light Recon Platoon was well within the clearly defined Cartel Restricted Zone, and were delt with accordingly."

"... General Hannibal Smith has gone on record as saying the the  Recon Platoon was on routine training manuvers, and accidentally strayed 2 miles into the restricted zone.  He called the attack 'Cowardly', and made accusations that the Cartel was attempting to usurp Capitol control of Mars.  He, however did commend the Recon Patoon for their feirce determination in the brief firefight against the Cartel, claiming that '..Any corporate entity stupid enough to set foot on Mars would [be defeated]'  Capitol Military Legal Advisor Szandor Sharpton has said that he will file charges against The Cartel; that their attack was unlawful and unwarented.
  We wil bring you more updates as the news breaks.  And now, back to 'Two Men, a Mutant, and a Pizza Place', to be followed by a new episode of 'Mama, Machine, Monkey, and Me' on Capitol Broadcasting Systems', 'Can't Miss' Sunday Lineup."

Yesterday at Maplewood Hobby, Masherking (Steve) with his Cartel force wiped out my Capitol force in a 1000 point battle.  The tide of war shifted many times, and great fun was had by all.  The Battlefield was a dry riverbed with many ruined buildings.  Casualties were heavy among the Cartel forces, however, Agent Nick Micheals survived unscathed.  Warning, much good natured smack-talk to follow. :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 12:04:33 PM by Jibbajabbawocky »
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Agent Nick Micheals reporting to Division 6.

"I report complete success.
 Due too early warning encoded message from our embedded agents in the captiol chain of command. We were prepared for their retrivel force. Agents were sent in to delay them long enough so the "Object" can be air lifted out. Our remaining agents were then sent to regroup back our secret "Mars 51" base.

The "Object" is in cartel hands and now in route too the  J. Edgar hoover building on luna.
I request additional agents be sent to Mars 51 base to replace our loses."

Yes a very fun game but tough.
around mid-game I was really missing the longer range of my old peacekeeper rifles.
having a army thats 96% pistols forces one to adapt or die.
Highlights for me was

1. that one sniper killing off the airborn rangers when they drop in within short to mid range of his rifle. that model earned his points.

2. Cartel enforcer finaling killing those two rangers bunker down. 
    Took most of the game to due it though.

3. Agent Nick next to the last turn final pops out of cover to declare victory :)

quote of the night "geez what did i do **** those guys off"
                                                       -jibbajabbawocky
lots of fun, looking forward to the next game

oh yeah jibba, How does feel to lose to guys with pistol...bet hurts deep down.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHA

god I love the smell of smack talking in the morning ;)

-steve

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 09:53:35 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
I have to admit, going into it, I thought I would have an easier time of it, since I outranged most of your force. (I'm more used to 40k, where apparently everyone fights in Kansas.. IE: no terrain)  But you used cover effectively, and those agents are straight up MEAN in CC.  NExttime, I'll have to make sure to gack Nick Micheals, that SOB won you init one turn, which hurt me bad.

Next time I may have to bring some Sunset Strikers. :)

But yes, the game was hella fun.  ;D
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
I think the kool thing about that battle was the fact we were both playing grunt heavy armies. This lead to a real high body count on the battle field. I had 40 something models I think you were close to that.

OHHHH the carnage, the sweet, sweet carnage. ;D

-steve

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
for some reason when I think of sunset strikers that horriable series of movies from the 80's "American  Ninja" comes to mind.

-steve

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
One of the greatest bad movies series of all time. :)

Now I need to name the Strikers after the characters from the movie...

:)

EDIT:
I had 37 models, and I remeber you had 10 surviving, so that was a decent 70 or so dead bodies at the end.

not too bad for a days work.

EDIT v2.0: is THIS the movie you're looking for?!
http://www.stomptokyo.com/otf/american/american.htm
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 12:18:57 PM by Jibbajabbawocky »

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
oh good god yes.

And now knowing its made by the same man that did Break'n 2 makes me somehow lose more of my faith in humanity.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
Before this gets TOO off topic, perhaps I should start a bad movie thread in the Off Topic area...