Author Topic: Urban Mammoth is made up of former Target Games people?  (Read 3869 times)

Offline Gravel

Urban Mammoth is made up of former Target Games people?
« on: November 15, 2007, 10:01:54 PM »

I read somewhere that some of Urban Mammoth's staff is made up of former Target Games employees?  Does anyone here know if that's true?  And if so, what are the odds that Urban Mammoth will pick up the rights to Warzone?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Urban Mammoth is made up of former Target Games people?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:08:03 PM »
Sort of:  Heartbreaker/Target went belly up and a lot of those guys went on to become Ikore which created Void and Celtos (sculpts, many of which look strangely familiar) which went belly up or sold out (not sure which) to Urban Mammoth.  Not sure how many staff changed over for that (I'm sure someone here can tall you).

To answer you second question; no.  They have their Void/Metropolis/Iskandiria line and I think they are happy with that.  No reason to suspect they would ever change.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jase

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 11:21:39 PM »
Didn't I-kore go into voluntary receivership then re-form under a different trading name?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 07:56:20 AM »
Yes Heartbreaker/Target became I-Kore which then became Urban Mammoth, which then sold of Celtos to the guys who had been sculpting the Celtos line of figs. Unless British bankrupcty laws have changed, Urban Mammoth should fold and a new  company emerge soon. It has been their business model since they opened - Open, do poorly, declare bankruptcy and sell the company to members of the company who rename it and continue on.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:27:37 AM »
 They started out as Fantasy Forge with the Kryomek game and other resin and miniatures too.Then went onto Grendel which brought out Leviathan fantasy game.

Offline Jase

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 12:29:56 PM »
I have a copy of the rules for Leviathan. The story is pretty apocalyptic. and the rules were going for a mass combat style but you can see some of the ideas and concepts that got ported to Chronopia. Shame it didn't catch on here, I really liked the hun-like Orcs.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 01:03:16 PM »
 Yep,Leviathan was very cool and original in the day.The orc's and goblin's were different to other takes on them.They were supposed to have had a second book coming out,but never made it.I saw some of the artwork for it and the new miniatures too.Very nice they were.The barbarians were one of my favorites with the warpers and Razortusk riders.

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »
Damn, Andy, you manage to track down all sorts of cool stuff.

New artwork for Leviathan?  Unreleased figures?  I had seen references to an unreleased second book, but that's all the information I was ever able to find about it.

Care to share pics if you've still got them handy?

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 11:36:36 AM »
 Alex I have some of the unreleased miniatures in the house.I have an Elf Nobel and Dwarf Gun Crew's.I dont have pictures of the art as I saw them at Gen-Con many years ago.They had some really nice Everhungry smaller scale miniatures and a few other that I have forgotten about.
 The second book was going to be more for the magic I think it was.Adrian Smith did the art that I saw.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 01:51:19 PM »
I'm a big fan of the Leviathan stuff.  I picked up the first book yars ago, thought it was very cool and then started snooping.  Its one of the things that got me into Chronopia. 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143