Author Topic: New megacorp - PSICORP  (Read 8172 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
New megacorp - PSICORP
« on: November 18, 2007, 06:27:59 PM »
I've created a new megacorp and forces based on humans living in tunnels beneath Dark Eden with psi powers.  The corp is built around a caste system, uses a guild Dune-like guild structure mixed with Renaissance duelling and political intrigue at irs core.

Having lived in tunnesl and caverns the army is much stronger in close combat and their weapons are more potent at close range.

GRUNT UNITS INCLUDE

Explorers - gas maskes and surival suits - these troops are trained at finding and securing new trade routes

Laborer Guards - Know for their forocity and high morale, these men are drawn from the teamster caste.

Caravan Guards - Dumb tough lumbering hulks from the lower castes that fight with 2H cudgels.

Expedition Zoologist - An animal handler that leads gaint cave beetles into battle

ELITES UNITS INCLUDE

Psi-Marines - Close combat fighters that use weapons which channel their mental power.

Sub-Marines - Assault marines with the ability to tunnel under obstacles.

Guild Duellists - Skilled and brash fencers drawn fromt he guild's noble merchant houses

White Eyes (think Fremen) - Stealthy blind fighters that use their mental abilities to sense opponent's minds.

Conquistador Power Armor - Think toned down 40k Terminators

INDIVIDUALS INCLUDE--

Guildmaster - The best of duelling and psi power the guild has to offer

Sanctioned Assassin - A guild certified assassin with poisoned attacks

Wartrade Overseer - A division leader with managerial and tactical expertise

Anyone interested in stats - am happy to post.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: New megacorp - PSICORP
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:07:12 AM »
wellll.. not to put you down, but i donīt see this idea in WZ..

the concept includes "high"tech as well as elaborate organisation/schooling/religion/psi.
that at a size of a nation (with several rivaling factions).
and to top it, it happens in a autonomous subterran world..

:-\

i could only see this in a lost tech-setting with perhaps a nuked world-surface..
(really uninhabitable, not like dark eden, just harsh)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:52:09 AM »
It could work on Dark Eden IF the fluff was changed so that this was a Brotherhood project being used to bring order to the society. This group would be the Brotherhood's eyes, ears, and when necessary the muscle of the Brotherhood in the struggle against Valpurgius' plans for the domination of Dark Eden.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 09:56:06 AM »
Sure thing - fluff is fluff.  I'm certainly open to those ideas.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 12:19:57 AM »
I would see them as more of a tribe/civilization as a corporation; I don't think they fit the definition.

I do see them as independent of the Brotherhood; think of them as a South American descenant/remnant with roots in the old Catholic Church (very powerful in SA) but survivors of the bunkers down there as opposed to the bunkers that the Sons of Rasputin came from.  Above them is not just nuked out cities, but toxic jungles (think Nausca and Valley of the Winds) and deadly plauge descendant zombies.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 12:44:10 AM »
uh, somehow africa is not WZ-style to me..

(perhaps because they did not fight (so much/present) in WW1 and i donīt like leopard-tangas *)

cuīs

* but, depending on the content, will not averse me
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 01:37:38 PM »
Perhaps they're from Australia???

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »
I like the South America aspect but if you want them centered with the rest of the Tribes (Europe) you could make them from Italy - lots of catacombs to hide out in and the Catholic Church is centered in Rome so there is the pre-fall religion tie in that was mentioned earlier.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 04:09:28 AM »
some sort of "roots of the brotherhood"-guys..

of course both claim to be the true good faction..

(traitors to humanity on luna / tainted scum on dark eden)

sounds good..

gone into hiding in some catacombs and aid / destroy the side they deem rightly   

Offline brynolf

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 07:16:43 AM »
I Kind of llike this idea. Earth/DE have large possibilities for fluff expansion, and the BH/new fraction shism is interesting.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 07:47:37 AM »
Karma to you WarzoneD for giving us something new to mull over. It seems to have given everyone ideas.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 05:21:56 PM »
Thanks for the good Karma Topkick!

Interesting idea might be for officers to have the "Telepathic Command" ability. 

OR one could develop Psi powers like a new "art".

Here are some ideas, call it food for thought--

Melee Telepathy -  Anticipate opponent's attacks to ignore 1 CC hit this turn.

Scan Enemy's Thoughts - Nows target's next move and gains +2 RC vs. model until end of turn

Read Commander's Mind - Opponent must say truthfully which squad he will activate next and what they are going to do.

Mind Control:  Save- LD.  Model controlled by user until user takes a different action (moves, fires, etc.), or is hit.

Despair: Range: Save- LD Model falls prone weeping.  Test again each turn to recover (Not vs. Dark Legion)

Confuson: Save- LD, Target's next attacl action must be against model in own squad.

Mind Wipe:  Model becomes a vegetable.

Brain Seizure:  Does Dam: 12 (x2)

Offline DenGrasse

• Journeyman
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 06:37:06 AM »
Anyone interested in stats - am happy to post.

send me please on mail

dengrasse@tiscali.cz

thanks

this idea is interesting.. but from my mind is not megacorp but tribe, race or faction...

if have good technological resources, must be in location for this (china, tchaj-wan, japan, usa, russia, west europe, israel, south africa, india)

if have herewith psion abilities, must have a tradition for this (china, tibet, india) or genetical modification...

PS: PSICORP is not very good name  ;) what 'childrens of deep', 'far-seeing', 'heritage' etc.....  ;D