Author Topic: Para Deploy and" your turn"  (Read 17533 times)

Wedge

Re: Para Deploy and" your turn"
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2005, 10:31:32 AM »
You're right.  You deviation then a LD test for the landing.

-PFC joe

And furthermore... you will never be standing upright.  If you make your leadership test you will immediately be in Minimized Presence.  Where you land on the template only determines if you get two actions or one action after a successful LD test.  A failed LD test, regardless of where you land you'll be prone (barring landing off the map or within 3" of the enemy of course--in which case the model is removed from play).

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2005, 09:17:42 AM »
Drumroll, please.

It so happens that PhillySniper (and anyone who agreed with him) regarding the fact that a person may NOT pass is -

CORRECT!

You may not pass (any number of times) and then expect to use your paradeployers on that given turn.  If you do not activate a unit or play a False Lead when it is your turn to do so, you may not play another unit that turn.

In order to use paradeploy, you must use them when it is your turn to activate.  This is not to say that they must be used in a turn, only that they must be used if you plan to use them that turn.  You may hold them for a subsequent turn(s), but they still must be played when it would normally be your turn to do so.

This will be officially ruled on by the boss (I spoke with him in person), but I put this here to get the ball rolling.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2005, 10:14:29 AM »
sound fair.

If people are allowed to Pass,  what would stop the game into devolving into  "I Pass"  "So do I" "I pass again" "so do I" etc.?
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba