Author Topic: Where do I find the meaning of terms for weapons stats?  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Gravel

Where do I find the meaning of terms for weapons stats?
« on: November 13, 2007, 11:29:16 PM »
I have just recieved the UWZ rulebook (bought it here - http://www.boardgames.ca/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12038 for those looking for a hardcopy) and currently I'm just flipping through the rules not really studying it yet.  I cannot seem to find a page that explains to you what these different stats on a weapon profile mean like PB or SR.  I assume DM is damage?

Offline Gravel

Re: Where do I find the meaning of terms for weapons stats?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 11:51:35 PM »
NVM  I found it.  So I'm assuming these modifiers are for the model's RC stat?  If MR= 3 that means + 3 to the model's RC?  And -3 means subtract 3 from the model's RC?

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 02:02:34 AM »
totally right.

there is, for example, also: -3 for hard cover, -2 for the guille suit (for snipers),  -x for smoke (depends on lvl of smoke), and aiming for +3

the other things (rending, ballistic,..) are nowhere explained together. just some effects of the game use them, very few.

example: extra ablative armor: protects only against ballistic. a gun with ballistic+rending would ignor the extra armor..
radiant damages the vulcan suits more.

read the book carefully and complete!!
then read the FAQ´s / Errata !!!

then play ;)
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 04:44:13 PM »
Quote from: Gravel link=topic=4348.msg27928#msg27928 date=
NVM  I found it.  So I'm assuming these modifiers are for the model's RC stat?  If MR= 3 that means + 3 to the model's RC?  And -3 means subtract 3 from the model's RC?

P. 121 - right under section 7.

Weapon Effects effect DM, not CC/RC.  Special abilities, Cover, Aim, Weapon Bonus/Penalties, etc. affect RC/CC. (CC 1, SR 1/2, etc.).

The effects are rather easy to understand.  Certain models take extra damage from certain effects.  If a weapon has more than one effect, it ignores effects that would stop it, unless all effects are affected; i.e.:  If a Ballistic, Rending attack hits Ablative Armor, the Ablative effect is cancelled, because the Rending effect still exists.  However, if that Ablative Armor is struck by a Ballistic round, the Ablative Armor decreases the DM by 1.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 04:49:13 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!