Author Topic: New Eternal realms miniatures  (Read 26970 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: New Eternal realms miniatures
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 08:09:20 PM »
Francesco -

I respect your talent and wish I was one millionth as talented. That respect is why I try to give you an honset opinion of your work. Please do not take any criticisms personally.

guardiadelloto 1, 2, & 3
I like these figs. The only driticism is that I would eliminate the plume on the helmet, but that is a personal preference.

guardialotocomandante
I am not partial to this fig - I think it would look better with a helmet. Again this is personal preference - I rarely like a fig that doesn't have a helmet. Must be that I abhor fielding units that don't appear ready for combat. It would be like fielding Mitch Hunter in full dress uniform with no weapons. The pose might be great but it would just bother me.

guardialotostendardofgronte
I don't usually like standards but I could field this one.

Ogre 2
The sword is too big and handle too small. Makes the weapon look unbalanced and it ruins the pose as it robs the fig of the tension inherent in beginning a downward swing of a heavy blade. That imbalance transfers itself to the lack of muscle tension in the arms and legs. The result is that the fig looks off balance and about to fall over backwards.

Ogre 3 / Ogre with sword and head
Slender body for an ogre but I like the pose from the front. I could see removing the sword and the head from his hands and using green stuff to sculpt cesti for an Ogre Deathseeker. However from the rear view, the back seems more hunched that rolled. It makes the pose from the rear angle look as if he has been kicked in the groin instead of being crouched for combat.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 10:12:54 PM »
As a Crystal Lotus player from the beginning, I love the Lotus Guard.  They are just great.   Having the leader with the helmet off is neat, but I kinda agree with Topkick, perhaps have an extra head tossed in for those who wish to replace it.

Ogre 2, I also dislike the handle.  Though otherwise looks fine in my eyes.
Ogre 3, I prefer, though I don't like the head.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 10:31:12 PM »
I like the sculps myself but I have a question:  I have heard that ogres have "layers"; did you find this was true in sculpting them?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 12:45:40 AM »
I don't understand perfectly your critics, topkick. But Agree, I don't like sword. About the pose, I have it in my hands, look good for me, but I understand anyone has his preference.
Handle too small? Yes, I think so, but if I look normal chronopia model, like for example ogre infantry, they has a big swords, one hand sword, I take like reference for a two handed for this one. But no proble, this is good for me, but next sculpt are better :)
What is a layer?

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 12:58:39 AM »
Fransesco, it is a joke.  There is a movie called Shrek about an Ogre.  And one of the lines says that Ogres are like onions, because they have layers.  Anyways, I am sure you have seen the movie, it is amazingly popular.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 02:12:08 AM »
Perhaps a bit unfair of me to toss that one out-language barriers and all (your English is still better than my Italian).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Jase

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 02:29:48 AM »
 A photo can bring out an imperfection that would otherwise be unnoticeable, and some of the sculpts by Target and Heartbreaker for WZ and Chronopia were a bit hit and miss. I do have a concern though that the sword hilt for the Ogre 2 will break too easily though in packing. It just looks fragile and would be a pain to rejoin if it did snap.

The guardiadlelloto look quite good so far, I can live with a plume, but I had always pictured the standard to be of similar style to the rest of the Elf standards (what's the Japanese word for it? Monshi? Mon?)

Nice work Francesco, I hope to see more. Has you online shop been updated to accept shipping to Australia?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 10:37:37 AM »
I pretty much agree with everyone else.  Francessco can't and won't please everyone all the time.  I really like the Lotus Guard, thought that ws the best one.  Keep up the good work.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 10:04:34 PM »
My sentiments are similar to most other folks' here.  I really like the Lotus Guards.  I don't mind that the commander is helmet-less, it makes him stand out a little on the table (although I agree that it does make him seem a bit less battle ready).

The ogres look a little slender, but the musculature is better defined than the others Francesco's done, and the faces and heads look excellent (great job on the cloth veils on their faces).

I'll be placing an order with Rattlehead Games for these with my next paycheck.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 04:44:31 AM »
Speaking of which-I hope Francesco has sent my order off to Rattlehead-I have some Landsraad warriors waiting for me.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »
I wonder, Francesco, have you announced your company over at TheMiniaturePages.com?  It might be a good idea to get some more sales.  I wouldn't advertise as a Chronopia clone, people are bound to recognize it though.  Others may just like the figures and buy them.

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 01:25:37 PM »
I sella a mail to Theminiaturespage and tablegamingnews. tablegamingnew don't answer, Theminiaturepage will add our last release next week. Agree with you Glenn, we need to sell much more, I don't want become rich with this work, but if it doesn't pay the cost... If I doing sculpt for any other company I will gain much and much more than use my time on this two miniatures line.

About rattlehead: we shipped a little package to rattlehead, I think they will receve this week or next, cannot say becose the shipping was the cheapper in Italy and cannot be tracking. Unfortunately, rattlehead can doing the order we need, they don't want stock our products, but only work under order by theyr costumers, so we don't work again togheter. Brandon is a nice guy, he suggest to contact Warstore (I think...). I don't know, sinceraly this store. The good news is about shipping cost, much cheapper than near past (for an order under 1 Kg, about 10-15 blister, the cost is about 16 euro against the old 40 euro, really better, no?

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 01:23:35 AM »
I think they look quite ok. I was not too fond of the first couple of minis you made but this set is starting to look good.

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 04:36:43 AM »
Tanks again.
 Next are really better  ;D