Author Topic: Fluff question: Who exactly are the customers of the Megacorps?  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Gravel

Fluff question: Who exactly are the customers of the Megacorps?
« on: November 08, 2007, 12:12:36 PM »

I mean if Megacorps are basically 'nations' and their employees are their 'citizens', who buys the products they produce?  Each other?

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Fluff question: Who exactly are the customers of the Megacorps?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 12:25:11 PM »
As I understand it the Mega-Corps sell to their own citizens, to other Mega-Corps, the Carel, and the Brotherhood.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:31:05 PM »
And of course the independants; those who are not members of the corporations but who still have to eat.  This does not include the tribes of Earth although some of them do trade on a limited basis.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 12:33:35 PM »
And dont forget the heretics that purchase for the Dark legion. :o :o
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Gravel

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 12:50:59 PM »

So it's possible for people in Bauhaus and Imperial to be watching Capitol television and eating Capitol fast food burgers?

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 02:31:43 PM »
Yes, the bloody traitors! Isn't there enough high quality BBC programming to keep even the most rabid Imperial audience satisfied??!!  For instance, the Sean Gallagher inspired Highlander part 47 ?  The bee's knees I tell you!  Hip hip and all that..

And don't forget the Monty Python Flying Circus re-runs! The cutting edge of humor even today.   

..and our Imperial brand Bangers and Beans!  Everything you need to start the top of the Imperial morning.  Hamburgers...bah!   Give me Fish and Chips any day!

Thank You,

Roger Connaught Esquire, KOE, VCC

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Jase

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
Don't forget the Freelancers - they have to eat too.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Gravel

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 04:56:52 PM »

So employees have the freedom to consume or buy any product they wish regardless of what company they're made from?  I suppose if Imperial is at war with Capitol, there would be a ban for Imperial citizens from buying Capitol products?

Offline Gravel

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 05:16:48 PM »
Yes, the bloody traitors! Isn't there enough high quality BBC programming to keep even the most rabid Imperial audience satisfied??!!  For instance, the Sean Gallagher inspired Highlander part 47 ?  The bee's knees I tell you!  Hip hip and all that..

And don't forget the Monty Python Flying Circus re-runs! The cutting edge of humor even today.   

..and our Imperial brand Bangers and Beans!  Everything you need to start the top of the Imperial morning.  Hamburgers...bah!   Give me Fish and Chips any day!

Thank You,

Roger Connaught Esquire, KOE, VCC

;D

Offline Jase

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 01:57:02 PM »

So employees have the freedom to consume or buy any product they wish regardless of what company they're made from?  I suppose if Imperial is at war with Capitol, there would be a ban for Imperial citizens from buying Capitol products?

Well, I would say that officially Capitol produce would be pretty restricted, pending negotiations by the Cartel. Of course, there would be availability on the black market.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 02:38:34 PM »
I don't have my book handy, and haven't read it in a while, but who sets up the currrency exchange?  since these are corporatioms, is there a Dow Jones somewhere? 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 12:29:04 AM »
i think the brotherhood is big on the interplanetary financial plane. in the cybertronic sourcebook they mention the Seipen stock exchange on Luna. and Cardinal's Crowns are sort of a standard currency throughout mutant chronicles. capitol has dollars, though, and i think the other corporations have similar currency of their own.
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 12:10:53 AM »
I don't have my book handy, and haven't read it in a while, but who sets up the currrency exchange?  since these are corporatioms, is there a Dow Jones somewhere? 
yes there is, the brotherhood is the glue.
cybertronic manipulated it to get into gear. one reason why broth hates Cyb..

custumors are most likely mostly their own ppl..

the situations is more like a feudalism with industries producing for their own state (family or nobility held: bauhaus, imp, mish/directors:cap/collective-ai-?: cybertronic). goods are efficiently bought from the "leading class" and the masses (their consume level/savings-level) therefore in the hands of the bosses..
this is a princip often used to expoit ppl, eg. farmers in brasil, who can not access other markes

trading happens between the states/corps, of course. and i bet they put heavy import taxes on the superior bauhaus kitchen tools! esp. in capitol, i guess ;)

"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."