Author Topic: Maplewood AAR  (Read 13285 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Maplewood AAR
« on: October 28, 2007, 05:22:02 AM »
Much dice tossing was had by all....

Dave, to my knowledge lost to Hans and his Dinos.... while he and Thom lost more men to Terrain effects than each other in their Jungle throwdown.

Me?  I squared off against Dragon, crushing his Semai Army like so many rotten grapes.  Yeah... it was bad;  the line from Commander Bruno's report indicates casualties from the action list four Mark 1 Assault platforms and one Atilla Support Chassis inoperable, Five Mark 1 and two Atilla in need of repair and five organics scheduled for enhancement upgrades.

However.... the bigger news is that my second game wasan even more momentus occasion.

The Machine lost to Masherking's Double Cannon and Valpurgis Army.

Yes... you heard right.

Diagonal Deployement left me in Cannon range for most of my advance... and Val nuking the area he could see made it worse.  Halfway through the game, I had a total of four Organics (of 16) and 50% of my Combat systems remaining for few losses amongst the Legion.  However, I did manage to snipe the Arch-Magus and get Machinators up close enough to worry him... and of course, only one lone tincan made it in....

Only to miss four times (the initial charge and the next set of actions).

Rest assured.....  Cyber Command will remember the tactical lessons learned and deploy only non-organics when next facing this foe.  Dreadnaught Division has a delivery scheduled and similations will be commencing on how best to intergrate the new system.

Next time Masher.... Next time....
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Maplewood AAR
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 06:48:50 AM »
Sweet!  SWEET!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 06:06:27 PM »
Oh dark legion will be waiting as we now claim the town......well Val's new summer home at the very least.
Dare you to try to root us out.
         MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

bring the egg....VAl loves a good boiled egg in the morning. 8)

its was a neat seat up with a town in the middle and John and I coming in for opposing corners. It was kool watching our armies rush into the town. God damn those robots are fast. by end game I had to start blowing up buildings to root out the hiding robots (damn 3 wounds robots at that). Though I must add it was zombies doing must of the killing...and val killing a...uh um...two squads of robots (love rolling ones when val cast spells 8)).
Did love the epic HTH fight between Val and the Machinator(am I spelling that right) only to have the robot stabbed in the back by a curtor who just rallied from being broken the turn or 2 before.
Gonna have to right up proper report of this battle. Dead sexy fight
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 04:01:19 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Drachen

• Journeyman
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 08:07:17 PM »
I hate Val...OOOHHH SO MUCH HATE

The epic battle between me and Mcgee was in my favor, he conceded but I couldn't let it end like that....on the other hand I should have.. Val came back wiped a good amount of my guys to lead the dl to a comeback victory.

Then Philly and I took a swing at each other..my dino army vs his cartel...in the end it was a draw, a lonely Jungle Kommando vs a urban sniper. I'm too lazy to do the battle reports so I'll let someone else do them :-)

-Hans

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 03:54:04 AM »
Steve...

Once a date is set forthe next Talamania, You and I are 1st Game.  1k points, standard Deployment rules.  We both know charging from the corner cost me in extra turns inside the Cannon range...  but the game counts and you won.

Which is why I am looking to fight again.

The Machine's record of 20 and 2 must be improved to counter that second loss's effect on its average- going from 95.2 to 90.9 is a big drop and I need to start fixing it soon.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 04:09:34 AM »
Steve...

Once a date is set forthe next Talamania, You and I are 1st Game.  1k points, standard Deployment rules.  We both know charging from the corner cost me in extra turns inside the Cannon range...  but the game counts and you won.

Couldnt tell with the robots hiding behind all those buildings all game :P....Damn my love of terrain heavy tables.

Which is why I am looking to fight again.

you know where to find me  8)
Val is at his new "cybertronic/now Dark legion" summer home....call him, his number is in the book. Let him know your stoping by  ;)

The Machine's record of 20 and 2 must be improved to counter that second loss's effect on its average- going from 95.2 to 90.9 is a big drop and I need to start fixing it soon.

should not be to hard to make it 89.999999         MUHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ahhhhh I do miss the smack talk

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 04:11:32 AM »
I hate Val...OOOHHH SO MUCH HATE

Oddly I love Val...he's such a people person.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 05:43:35 AM »
Couldnt tell with the robots hiding behind all those buildings all game :P....Damn my love of terrain heavy tables.

Hiding?  Hiding?   Oh really....  I'll show you hiding, Boy.  It's going to be what you are doing when I smash your army in to bits of rotting flesh and bone. ;D

Val is at his new "cybertronic/now Dark legion" summer home....call him, his number is in the book. Let him know your stoping by  ;)

Oh I shall...  I shall indeed.  Listen for the knocking on the door- it will be very loud  (Hey, is that the sound of large machines?  And Artillery?)

should not be to hard to make it 89.999999         MUHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ahhhhh I do miss the smack talk

I know where to find you...  and Val.  He'll be fondling the cannons you named Phil and Dave...

If you'll excuse me, I have revenge to plot and a squad to finish painting.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 05:55:03 AM »
  Hiding?  Hiding?   Oh really....  I'll show you hiding, Boy.  It's going to be what you are doing when I smash your army in to bits of rotting flesh and bone. ;D

thats WELL DRESSED bits of rotting flesh and bone sir.
this is Val's army after all and he's always dressed for success. 8)

Oh I shall...  I shall indeed.  Listen for the knocking on the door- it will be very loud  (Hey, is that the sound of large machines?  And Artillery?)

due we really want to compare whose Artillery piece is bigger.
Come on I have a cannon of color (philly) do I need to spell it out.

I know where to find you...  and Val.  He'll be fondling the cannons you named Phil and Dave...

If you'll excuse me, I have revenge to plot and a squad to finish painting.

go ahead do your plotting....VAl is taking the time to enjoy his new sumemr home...tanning, drinking, dancing the night away.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 06:00:31 AM by masherking »

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 07:26:33 AM »

thats WELL DRESSED bits of rotting flesh and bone sir.
this is Val's army after all and he's always dressed for success. 8)

Yeah... Dressed for success in all of his Unpainted glory.   :D

Paint that army man... it needs some more color than whats on the cannons.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 08:02:18 AM »
Its on my to do list.

Havent play Warzone in over a year and I only paint armies I'm currently playing  :-\
but I will admit last weekends event has given me the itch for good ol' warzone  :)
at the very last I need to paint Val...he's earned it.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 04:27:44 AM »
Its on my to do list.

Havent play Warzone in over a year and I only paint armies I'm currently playing  :-\
but I will admit last weekends event has given me the itch for good ol' warzone  :)

As it has for me too.  I finally pulled out the Cartel project again and started cleaning it up and writing some revisions to exsiting pieces as well as adding some new stuff.

I *think* I got the bigger problems with Cartel Flavor partially licked... but it needs testing.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Iron Panda

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 05:45:52 AM »
Its on my to do list.

Playing Warzone this Saturday got me the bug something fierce.   Used a Demno list against Dragon and I have to say, I had a great time.

I had:

2 units of:
6 Blessed Legionnaires w/ spawn
2 units of
4 Kadavers with Spawn
3 Voice
9 Blight Commandos with Sgt. and 2 Tainters

Phil had:

Field Agents
Darkslayers
Peacekeepers
Sec Pols
Nick Michaels
2 Snipers
Imperial DoomTrooper
Capitol Doom Trooper

It was a fierce back and forth game.  Blight Commandoes flamed (They're awesome and so rockhard) an infiltrating Sec Pol unit on my flank.  The Blessed Legionnaires did their shambling horde attack on the PK's taking most of them down in a couple of turns.  The Kadavers also did their shamble and also took down an entrenched sniper.

Phil's counterattack was fierce.  His dark slayers laid down numerous templates on several of my units and decimated them.  However, they were taken down by the combined attack of what's left of my Legionnaires, kadavers and Blight Commandos.  Doomtroopers came in and had taken out a voice and the rest of my BCs. 

Sensing that the DL lines about to break, Nick and his field agents mopped up but they hit a wall of diseased flesh. Several of my spawns put up a fight and the voice did its handiwork too. Its whispered revelations (lthe voice is so cool, only to grunt units, though) killed off 3 agents in a turn and another spawn took out Nick on a side charge. Another voice did a flanking and its WR took out the remaining PK's.

Doomtroopers were too much and pretty much rolled right through.

Here's for another Maplewood Warzone/Chronopia shindig. 

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 09:04:11 AM »
Commander of the 99th enhanced cyber eyes scanned Hell’s Hill from his bunkered position. Called Hells Hill because of the two huge, well placed, Dark Legion cannons loving named by the 99th as Dave and Philly. The two cannons have been blasting the town for days.
     The Commander received orders though his wireless wet ware…at last some action. He turned to his 2nd in command “tell the men and gather all cybernic units I just got orders from Cybertronic HQ we move on Hell’s Hill in 6 hours. 
----------------------                                         -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valpurgis was practically giddy with glee as the two Unholy cannons blast the town to ribbons when a Necromutant comes running up dropping to his knees before him.
 “My lord our scouts report the Cybertronic army is moving unto our position”
           A smile cracked across Valpurgis face…”Well get the troops minion LOOKS LIKE ITS TIME TO GET OUR HANDS DIRTY muhahahaahahahaha!!!”

==============================================================================
Forces:
Archers  Cybertronic 99th  for memory at least
3 units of machinators
4 attillas
2 or units human grunts
1 commandor

Masher king’s Dark legion horde
Valpurgis (the Main Man)
2 Unholy Cannoniade (know I’m spelling them wrong)
4 units of undead legion each with necromutant and curator
1 unit of stalkers.
=======================================================================

The set up:
    We started from opposing corners. I had low hill on my starting corner archer much terrain on his
   Between us was a town Lots and Lots of buildings
=======================================================================

The BATTLE.
 Both our forces rushed into the town in hopes of taking the buildings for cover.
Cannons look for targets, a few unless shots as most of the cyber army is hiding behind buildings as they advance towards the town.
The next few turns prove that the cyber is much quicker then DL as they cover most the board and DL is barely out of its deployment zone.
Archer sends out his 3 units of  machinators (HtH A.I.). One to my right flank, One to my center and one to my left flank along with the commander.  The center is backed by  Attillas who hid must of the game (think archer was saving them for his end game).  Taking the rear of his advance were his human grunts.

From the DL side of the table it was clear that Cybertronic was using its speed to try to catch  DL in old fashion sandwich play. I knew if any of my flanks failed I was doomed.
So I deployed 2 units to my left flank, one unit up the center  and another unit taking a stand a wait between my center and left flank. Behind them was val and behind Val, one on each side, was the Unholy Cannons Dave and Philly.

With the cyber units taking cover the only thing out in the open was his grunts.
So my left flank ran out and took long range shots, making short work of them in under 3 turns of shooting. Cannons got a lucky shot to the center unit of Machinators doing roughly one wound a piece (damn 2 wound robots).  Its was the left flank Machinators  that first came out of cover. Seeing that flank was deep trouble Val Apoclyase them down to 2 models where a unit of undead was able to finish them off.  Towards the center a 2nd  unit of Machinators got into HtH with a undead squad chopping them down to 2 zombies and a curator who failed his moral roll and began to run. It took the combine shooting from both one undead unit from the left and the center/right unit of undead to stop them going any farther (close one). Around this time the Attillas were coming out of cover long enough to start taking shots.  One unit of Attias was brave enough to come with in Vals LOS who in turn blow one away and the other down to one wound. The survivor ran back into cover behind a building.   
          Tried of all his units hiding behind cover the cannons started to blow up the buildings. This is when the 3rd unit of Machinators came out to my right flank and his commander came out onto my left. The Machinators rushed out from cover and made short work of the undead (unit is down broken curator and 2 zombies) and his commander was killing some zombies with his shot gun.
  I figured it was high time that I pulled something out my butt before this spirls out of control, cue the greatness that is Valpurgis. Moving forward he “flowed of acid” the squad of machinators down to one machinator.  The broken curator finally made his moral check and a undead unit form left flank  moved forward and took command of the few zombies left standing in my center this act alone allowed me to finally take shots at the hiding Attlias. The Cannons finally blew up the building the lone attlia was hiding so he too came under fire.
     The Cybertronic commander died to butt load of bullets from my undead squad at the same time another attlia was brought down.
   Now the lone machinator who survied the flow acid spells ran into cc with Val and missed his attack roll (evil laughter).   Next turn Archer gets to go first…the machinator misses with all 3 attacks(more evil laughter). The curator that rallied the turn before runs behind the Machinator and stabs him in the back killing it.

At this point game was called due to sheer amount units I had left, Val took only one wound  due to lucky shot and I still haven’t even called in my stalkers. 

A damn good game.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 03:55:58 AM by masherking »

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »
Quote from: Archer link=topic=4306.msg27518#msg27518 date=
Dave, to my knowledge lost to Hans and his Dinos.... while he and Thom lost more men to Terrain effects than each other in their Jungle throwdown.

Actually, Dave offered surrender.  Hans refused, so Dave came back and won on Hans' poor strategic choice.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!