Author Topic: Dreamation 2008  (Read 12895 times)

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
Re: Dreamation 2008
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 05:46:22 AM »
Sadly, due to work commitments, i will not be there..

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2008, 08:50:54 AM »
The Sniper and the Slater have arrived at Dreamation.... Can you Smellllllllllll What dice Im throwin!!!!!!!!!
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »
The deception of Semai and their Dragon62 Master has been exposed. The Cartel has eradicated them and the dreamation continues.

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 04:51:13 PM »
Message from Luckyone:  He's on his way - work kept him - he'll be there 9:30  Tell Phil
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 01:43:48 PM »
Well I went and had a blast.  Philly and I had a lot of laughs.  I even saw him sit at a roleplaying table.  I was in shock.  I played two games of Chronopia, got a hurried game of Spinespur in, spent too much money in the dealers room, slept late, and thoroughly enjoyed my three day weekend.

Mark Andrews approached me about running some events next year.  To be honest, I think I'm going to throw down and give the wargaming room a swift kick to the backside.  Phil Sperry brought all of his great terrain, and the Warzone players got their games in.  I'd like to see Chronopia run the same way, so I'll prolly have another go at that, make sure Spinespur is set up, and a special treat; Savage Worlds.  I'd like to see a few sessions of that, with the emphasis on the encounters and fights, as it plays like the games we enjoy 'round here.  Well, we'll see, but it was a pretty good time despite a lot of events falling flat.  One poor bloke drove all the way up from Delaware to play Warhammer fantasy, to find maybe one person to play with.  Needless to say, he was begging people to play with him.  I'd like to see the wargaming room run with the same esprit de corps that the Talamania crew have, and better organization.   

Again, thanks to Phil Sperry (Dragon62) for the fine job he did, and Bill Refsland for all of his hardwork.  Also a shout out to his wife Linda for the paint sessions she ran.  I was at the paint table for about six hours over the course of the event.  If I'm leaving anyone out, apologies in advance.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »
The poor guy playing fantasy was my friend Jeremy (he is from Maryland) and he drove over 4 hours and got one game of fantasy in. Dava and Dodger know him from when I hosted a weekend gaming/grill event at my house.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2008, 07:15:36 PM »
Tell Jeremy, "YO!"
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2008, 04:00:31 AM »
@Josh:  I've recieved notice I am welcome back to DE shows... so I will be attending Dexcon.

As such, I will be wrting up a Braggin Rights Tourney for UWZ for that show.

3 Games.  Either 750 or 1100 points...
 Proxies legal.
Hopefully I will have the new Cartel List ready for use, pending Thom's approval- once I get it, I will post it here and try to make a pretty PDF of it.

Possibly a scenario too... I need to mull that one over.

Phill, I'll need to borrow Terrain as usual. :)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2008, 03:43:37 PM »
I should be at Dexcon and I have terrain to use if you need it also.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 06:51:50 AM »
As always i'll bring my terrain and would be happy to help run the tourny if needed. I would keep the forces to 1000 or less for time purposes if you want to get 3 full games in. ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 09:46:55 AM »
They must get alot of requests for Warzone at Dreamation and Dexcon. I got asked if I would be willing to run something. Im glad you are stepping up John. Now I can just come to play :)

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 04:48:22 PM »
They must get alot of requests for Warzone at Dreamation and Dexcon. I got asked if I would be willing to run something. Im glad you are stepping up John. Now I can just come to play :)

Enough of them... as the area is full of players and we always got a draw.  No problem with that, Philly; I enjoy playing too and hopefully I don't have to bring a ringer army in to fill an odd slot.

If I do, it will be something strange like the Merc Cartel list I have in mind, pending Thom's approval on the units.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y