Author Topic: Maplewood, October event?  (Read 28895 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Maplewood, October event?
« on: September 19, 2007, 06:07:43 AM »
1. Who's down?
2. The 27th?  I'm scheduled to meet Archer for a game then, but maybe can convince him to go to Jersey.
3. As the resident "Julie McCoy" cruise director, I feel I have to grab this by the cojones to see if we can make it happen.
4.  If this event is pulled off, we need to know who can provide free crash space.  I may convince Ranz, a new forum member from the Albany area to come down and participate.
5.  The Maplewood Crew is going to have to organize on the ground at the store to make sure we can do this.
6.  I've got Thom interested so far, but I'd like to hear how many more are interested. 
7.  I believe Dodger is in Germany, and Bryon "PhillySniper" probably has football (coaching, that is), so I don't know how many of the folks down here will be around or willing to make the drive. 
7.5  Somehow it would be nice to meet gwingfan, and maybe shuttle him up to this event, as I've been too busy to even meet him at Abington Games.

8.  Should we simply convince McGee to host us again in Sharon Hill, Pa, by plying him with booze?  I haven't even talked to him yet, so I better get on that.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
Re: Maplewood, October event?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 06:54:32 AM »
I am available for whatever either the 1st or last weekend in October, i'll be returning on the 26th, so, dont expect my "A" game on the 27th, but, i am still game to play then! (and, after 2+ weeks in germany, i'll be ready to play a "real" game..)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 07:05:34 AM »
Both the 1st and 4th weekends are good for me. I'am off both weekends.  ;D ;D ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 07:25:18 AM »
I'm shooting for the 27th, to give ample notice for everyone.  Here's hoping Jibba, and masher get on board.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 07:37:17 AM »
Since I now work at Maplewood Hobby, I'll make sure I nab the 27th before it gets taken by the Warhammer guys.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 10:14:42 AM »
Well hell, Steve, that just makes things so much easier!!!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 06:40:37 PM »
I'll shoot some resumes to the greater Philly area and if I get invites for interviews I'll try to make it, if someone can put me up and help me know where I am going.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Iron Panda

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 07:03:50 PM »
Since I now work at Maplewood Hobby, I'll make sure I nab the 27th before it gets taken by the Warhammer guys.

Oh, such power you wield!!
 ;) :) ;)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 07:25:45 AM »
Hal, puh-leeze....  You will always have crash space around here.  Let's get this event nailed down and take it from there. 

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 11:05:51 AM »
Gonna have to pass on this one guys-having too much fun in Archer's old stomping grounds. :P
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 05:33:30 PM »
Gonna have to pass on this one guys-having too much fun in Archer's old stomping grounds. :P

Po' bastard.  At least I should be out by the time my battalion goes again.  So not counting on it though...
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 05:40:21 PM »
1. Who's down?

Silly Question...
2. The 27th?  I'm scheduled to meet Archer for a game then, but maybe can convince him to go to Jersey.

Possible.  I need to stomp a few folks again :)  Maybe even bring the GeeDub Marine conversion lists for play or actually get off my arse and paint the rest of those Free Marines I have sitting around.
3. As the resident "Julie McCoy" cruise director, I feel I have to grab this by the cojones to see if we can make it happen.

well... someone has to.
4.  If this event is pulled off, we need to know who can provide free crash space.  I may convince Ranz, a new forum member from the Albany area to come down and participate.

that would be cool
5.  The Maplewood Crew is going to have to organize on the ground at the store to make sure we can do this.

I know they can manage it.
6.  I've got Thom interested so far, but I'd like to hear how many more are interested. 

Add me.
7.5  Somehow it would be nice to meet gwingfan, and maybe shuttle him up to this event, as I've been too busy to even meet him at Abington Games.

Ditto.  However, I am running something for him at his schools gamesday so if I don't meet him at maplewood, I will at that event.
8.  Should we simply convince McGee to host us again in Sharon Hill, Pa, by plying him with booze?  I haven't even talked to him yet, so I better get on that.

That, in all likelyhood, might work best but that's up to his missus.  Gun-Moll and I would love to hold a game day again- but with our luck, it would snow.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 06:45:58 AM »
Could one of the Maplewood guys compile a list in this thread of who can make it?  I'm coughing up sputum (some Demnogognis thing or another) and juggling my time with a young filly.  I've been out of the loop for a little while.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 08:01:50 AM »
sure....look into this weekend...I'll double check who'll be there from maplewood. then start up a master list.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 11:58:50 AM »
That's right Steve.  Get to work beeyatch!!  Hopefully I will have some Spinespur models with me so we can go at each other with chainsaws.   I tried to resist, but apparently it's futile.  Cheers.