Author Topic: Gaming  (Read 3889 times)

Wedge

Gaming
« on: September 17, 2007, 02:12:47 PM »
All,

Where do I start?

I think it is easiest just to come out and say it.  I must inform you all that I am getting out of gaming pretty much altogether.  It’s been something I have been putting off for quite some time.  Anything I have in merchandise (books, mini’s etc.), I need to liquidate and get rid of it.  I don’t want to get into the why’s and how come’s, so I’ll ask you all to kindly respect my privacy and let me come to you first.  I don’t mean to be curt or rude but I have to do this in this way.  And no worries… no one is terminally ill or anything.

I will continue to paint the miniatures that I promised to paint and I may even stay on the forum just to take painting jobs from those who desire my talents.  I am not certain of the future on that either, but for now—the painting jobs still have a green light.

I will continue to play Cyberboard games with the friends I have made on this forum because it doesn’t cost money to do so.  I am selling off all my D&D stuff to my local buddies as well as a lot of other miniatures.  Because those miniatures wouldn’t benefit Warzone or Chronopia players, so I won’t bother posting pictures of them here.  I will also be able to frequent the forum from time to time and say hi and zap spam if need be, but if I drop out of sight altogether don’t be surprised.

Here is what I have left:

Chronopia Rulebook (Spiral Bound), used.  Shows some signs of wear and slight water damage on the Stygian pages ($10).

Warzone Rulebook, used.  Shows some signs of wear ($10).

My Semai & Horde Army ($300).  Most of you have seen pics of these or looked at them in person so I don’t know if it is necessary to post pictures of them here or not.  Let me know if you want to see pictures of them in a PM and I will get them to you.  The entire army is 60-70% painted, and the level of painting I would say is at a showcase level.  Several of them have won awards in painting contests.  I would prefer to sell the entire army to one person since it all fits nicely in a custom foam fitted case.  If you would like to buy the army but cannot afford to pay for it all at once I can take you on your word if I know you personally or if a good friend of mine on this forum vouches for you.  I will only entertain serious offers.  If no one hits me up for any of this stuff or doesn’t let me know their intentions before the 26th of September, I will post it all on eBay.  I’d rather sell it to a friend I know than someone on eBay.

Here is a link to the detailed list of my Semai/Horde Army: http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=3781.0

I will conclude by saying, I have never met a better group of gamers than you Sons of Warzone and Princes of Chronopia (stole that line from Michael Cane).  You guys have all been a blast to get to know and I was lucky to have gamed with many of you.

I am not saying goodbye to you all… just to gaming.  I am sure I will see you around the forum from time to time.

Troy aka Wedge

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Gaming
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 02:43:33 PM »
I respect your wishes but wish there was a way to change your mind. I'll PM you the latest contact info - my phone number et al in a minute. Please stay in touch my friend.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 07:40:07 AM »
Your friends around here will remain your friends whether you game or not, Troy.  You do what you gotta do, and keep in touch to let us know how you're doing.  I'm happy I got to meet you at Talamania, and if you need anything, remember you're always part of this community.  'Kinda like a street gang; you'll have to fight us if you want to leave!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 04:21:41 PM »
Wedge,

Sorry to hear you are leaving gaming.  But, stick here around here for the standard fun and shennanigans! 

Hope whatever is driving this change is one that will, ultimately, work out for the best.   

MadBrad
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 01:11:31 PM »
Troy, you know where to find me.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 02:06:55 PM »
Good luck with everything.  Hope to see you on the boards from time to time.  Thanks for all the help.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Wedge

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 08:41:39 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys.  I REALLY do appreciate them.  I just moved my entire household to a new house this weekend (11300 lbs).  I am sore... very sore.  As soon as I get everything settled in there I will restart my painting projects.  It appears that I will at least have that to share with you all.  Maybe if Warzone/Chronopia ever take off again I can become the staff painter?   ;D

I'll keep you all posted on my painting progress.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 02:43:27 PM »
Troy you know if you change your mind and want to come visit there's always enough mini's here for you to use. Good Luck in the new place. Phil ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline kwegibu

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 08:40:31 PM »
The world of warzone without Wedge? Hmm, the only thing thats been constant through all the company madness has been the fan base and you've been one of the names that has always stuck out. Sorry to hear you will be playing a smaller role on these boards, and hope all is well wherever life leads you next. I may be interested in purchasing that army, have to clear it with my wife. Will PM you if i get the go ahead.

I've been pretty lurky but its been nice to see these boards remain so active. I am hoping to get more involved again soon.

Wedge

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 02:03:46 PM »
Sounds good Kwegibu.  Just send me a PM if you are interested.  I will be posting on eBay soon, but if you have to hold out for an official answer from the boss I can wait a couple more days.  My original deadline was the 26th so Sept (tomorrow).  But I'll hold out until Saturday (29th) for your respnose--even a negative response will be appreciated.  Thanks for your interest.  If you need more pics or anything let me know I can send you some.