Author Topic: Query about the karma score  (Read 12574 times)

Offline Jase

Query about the karma score
« on: September 05, 2007, 04:47:03 AM »
This is not a tantrum guys. I'm just asking how this karma thing on the profile works, and also what I did to deserve a smite? Did I p**s someone off unintentionally?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Query about the karma score
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 07:31:52 AM »
Just for asking that I'M SMITING YOU!!!!!

Just kidding. ;D
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 08:24:49 AM »
This is not a tantrum guys. I'm just asking how this karma thing on the profile works, and also what I did to deserve a smite? Did I p**s someone off unintentionally?

Jase

Could be anything from y'all saying something to annoy somebody or a bung-hole who decided to be a prick...  or a slip of the mouse click.  Who knows...  I know I don't.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Jase

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 05:10:29 PM »
Thanks alot Veez...(hits Veez with a smite)...Whoops, sorry, my finger slipped  ;D
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 09:36:51 PM »
DOH!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 06:43:15 AM »
It's one of those things that occasionally comes up like this.  We had a time where people were just pushing those buttons in a frenzy of good natured ribbing.  Occasionally someone will use the smite button in a churlish way, instead of just disagreeing with something, but I've found that to be rare.  I'll applaud someone for good arguing, rules clarification, organizing of events, or whatever, but I think I've only hit the smite button once when someone made a disparaging remark about our community, and on the occasional spammer.  I don't waste my time with the spammers anymore except to report them. 

If it makes you feel better, y'all can smite mine all ya like.  My karma has taken such a turn lately I could use a reality check. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 07:52:38 PM »
I always liked the word Churlish!!  If Josh didn't have so mush karma already I would applaud him myself ;D 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 10:43:34 PM »
i wana give myself karma
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 09:56:08 AM »
Life's been pretty good lately, aside from the phlegm and sputum I'm hacking up.  I've been Nurgle-ated, apparently.  I suppose there has to be a downside to everything.

Offline Jase

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 02:38:47 PM »
Don't you mean Demnogonis-ated?

Jase

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 08:43:29 AM »
See that!!  Mind's going too.....

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 10:28:02 PM »
i meant bad karma lol, but thanks.
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Jase

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 03:46:33 AM »
  I've been Nurgle-ated, apparently.  I suppose there has to be a downside to everything.

Your Heresy has been passed on to the Second Directorate. Please wait and an Inquisition team will be with you shortly.  ;D

Jase

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
Quote from: joshuaslater link=topic=4112.msg27191#msg27191 date=
...but I think I've only hit the smite button once when someone made a disparaging remark about our community, and on the occasional spammer.

Au, contraire, mon ami - I believe that I got a smite from you, once, just to bring me down to earth during a discussion similar to this thread.  For that, I have never forgiven you.  From the depths of smite-hell, I spit at thee!

Oh, wait, I have a sense of humor (bad and punny that it is) and believe that I, actually, thnked you for it and asked for another...yeah, I know - too many movie references.

Admit it - you missed me.  ;)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!