Author Topic: Mutant chronicles movie  (Read 63424 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Mutant chronicles movie
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 09:48:10 PM »
I think the biggest proglem with MC is that it is just too broad in scope to force into 90-120 minutes.  The fact that they are forcing the DL to only be on Earth when (as far as the big picture is concerned) Earth is a non-player is telling.  MC is about heros, but is not driven by any one set of heroes (ala Star Wars).

You would either have to start with a five min history lesson or keep throwing out explanations the entire movie which would become lame.  I think the Battlestar Galactica treatment is the way to go with a 3-hour miniseries then a TV show with some sort of unifying theme (which also would be difficult with a background that complex).
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 06:52:20 AM »
The best route that the MC to TV properties could take would be to have a CSI or Law and Order approach with multiple only tangentaly related shows. Istead of the primary action being displaced by location, it is temporaly divergent, by a 1000 years or so.  This would not make them mutually exclusive shows only related in the cast of badguys (Space Zombies!!!) but it would showcase events in the prolouge series that would directly influence the feelings and actions of the "present" events.   The first series could be the First Incursion of the Dark Soul where the Corporations are shown in their pre-fall glory and the subsequent destruction upon the opening of Nero.  The culmination of the series would of course be the Algie vs Cardinal Domonic fight.  The second, concurrent but hopefully not in a competing time slot, could be the most recent, chronologicaly, events with the second wave and the post fall heros of the UWZ universe.

This would require incredible writing skills as the pre-fall series would have to set and define all the major corporations and hold the audiences attention with nothing but Corporate intrigue until the breaking of the seal.  Even after the Nero incident, the Dark Legion wouldn't even start to show up till at least the middle of the first season if not pushing them back until the begining of the second.  That'd be a helluva cliff hanging season finale with Dark Citadel Black Ships slamming into Venus and Mars and everything in between in dissarray as all higher technology shuts down.  The one saving grace to what would otherwise be an overly armed crime drama for the majority of the first arc  would be that the second, 1000 years later, series would be balls-out action as the Dark Legion would be in full resurgence.  The one series would provide impetus as well as boost viewership for the other with their very synergistic (i hate that word) relationship.  Hopefully the combo would keep ratings high for both shows.  At least high enough to keep them from similar fates to other SciFI war shows like Space: Above and Beyond and Firefly for at leat three seasons (how long I would hope it would take to show the fall and then defeat of the first DL assault).

Heavens, I'm a geek.

least I get laid.

-PFC joe
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 07:04:42 AM by PFC joe »
Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 11:39:09 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Mutant Chronicles needs to be a television series...
I think that if MC would be television serie it would work best as animation. Of course it would not be for kids as it has lots of violence and style would be more grim. Big guns and armour would not look good on actors. It would be great!  :P

As much as I'm not a big fan of Anime (I find most of it to be drivel), if done in the same stylistic feel of say, Trigun, it would be pretty cool.  Also, as Anime, it would have a horde of buyers in the non-MC fan base, which could stir up interest in the game.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 11:53:11 AM »
Well, unfortunatly, the american animation studios couldn't or wouldn't produce an MC related show.  It's a tad too violent for modern family friendly programing.  While I'd like to see an anime based show, akin to Cartoon Network payin for a second season of Big O, I'm fairly certain that it would take a minor act of God to get anything like that off the ground.  The best we could hope for on that front would be a CG rendered movie like Appleseed or the new Ghost in the Shell.  Even then, I'm not holding my breath.

-PFC joe

the easiest way to make an inroads to the anime/geek market would be to demo at Penny Arcade Expo.

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 12:21:40 PM »
If nothing else, when the movie comes out, Thom might be able to get on network TV to pimp Warzone. :)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 12:23:29 PM »
he oughta send me, i'm the pretty one

-PFC joe

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2005, 12:39:54 PM »
somehow, I think an Excelsior forum beauty contest might scare away potential players... especially the bikini competition.
(Unless we have female members, that is.)

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2005, 12:43:24 PM »
we could make it an Iron Man competition.  Which ever poor SOB manages to look through the bikini submissions of everyone on the forum wins the ultimate prize....

a bottle of bleach and some steel wool for his eyes.

-PFC joe

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2005, 12:44:47 PM »
Why does that remind me of Event Horizen?

"where we're going, we don't need eyes."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 11:12:51 PM »
I can send you some judges from out here.  Trust me, after six months your "deployment goggles"* are in full focus.

*like beer googles only much slower and without any alcohol.  On a C-130 flight back to the states a friend of mine saw a load master wave strangley at some of the females on board.  When asked what he was doing he replied "I'm making them ugly again." 
Sad but true.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005, 01:38:41 PM »
Hey Thom, anyway ya can get a copy of the script and or suggest a fwe forum denziens for extras?
Forum denizens who are also Paradox Entertainment shareholders are first in line.  :P ... maybe the need necromutants ...

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »
somehow, I think an Excelsior forum beauty contest might scare away potential players... especially the bikini competition.
(Unless we have female members, that is.)

well, back hair wax is kind of expensive, but for the show...

B.
me in s Speedo is like putting a rubber band on a cauliflower...how's that for a visual
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005, 06:02:21 PM »
MY EYES!!!!! ALL THEY SEE IS BURNING!!!

Offline eVerHaTe

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 01:51:04 AM »
I don't know if you already found this :) http://imdb.com/title/tt0490181/ some informations about the movie. I'm really looking forward to it :).

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 05:54:19 AM »
News Release from Paradox.

2005-11-30 Mutant Chronicles to become Hollywood live-action feature

Paradox Entertainment’s property Mutant Chronicles will soon hit the silver screen in Hollywood. Thomas Jane (”The Punisher” and ”Deep Blue Sea”) will play the lead role in the movie, from production company Pressman & Company Films, to be directed by Simon Hunter. Start of production is estimated to spring 2006.

The movie is set on what’s left of Earth in the 23rd century, by which point four giant corporations have nearly pillaged the last of the planet’s resources, causing a demonic, marauding army to wage an all-out war against humanity for what remains.

“With a budget of over 200 million SEK, this movie is a very large external investment in our property. We will use this investment and the new, growing interest in Mutant Chronicles to focus on the future development of the property,“ said Peter Sederowsky, Chairman of the Board.

“Mutant Chronicles has had proven success in the past with, for example, more than 170 million game cards sold. The potential for a new line of ancillary products like videogames, comics, and toys is unlimited. Handled properly, this will be a franchise for many years and we are already in discussions with suitable partners,” said Fredrik Malmberg, Head of Licensing & Creative Affairs.

“Director Simon Hunter’s passion and unique vision have driven Mutant Chronicles towards a production whose elements of horror, sci-fi, and action will surely inspire a franchise. We are all thrilled that Thomas Jane has signed on to play our hero,” said Ed Pressman, one of the film’s producers, adding that the movie can best be described as a futuristic ”Saving Private Ryan”.

Ed Pressman is one of the big movie producers in Hollywood. During the past 30 years, Pressman has produced over 65 movies, among them successes such as ”Wall Street”, ”Das Boot”, ”American Psycho” and ”The Crow”. Simon Hunter has earlier directed the horror movie “The Lighthouse”.

Producers of Mutant Chronicles are also Stephan Belafonte, Pras Michel, Tim Dennison and Alessandro Camon. Executive producers are Peter Sederowsky and Fredrik Malmberg. Script writers are Simon Hunter and Ross Jameson. Casting for supporting roles is underway.