Author Topic: Hello... New to the boards.  (Read 4520 times)

Offline aoi cobalt

Hello... New to the boards.
« on: July 23, 2007, 03:21:31 PM »
Hello. I'm new to these boards, and I'd like to introduce myself, and ask a few questions.

I started collecting a Capitol army back in WZ v2, and also picked up some Illians to play badguys with. Not very large armies, maybe 1000 or so points worth.
I've got the new rules, UWZ, but have a few problems (as army building has changed a bit between versions).

1) Does anyone know where I can get cultist Destroyers (or a reasonable substitute)? I need a pair to lead my Sacristans.

2) The WZ v2 Nepharite of Illian with the HMG is now Vahl'dredd the Hunter. Any rules on stating him out as the Nepharite he was?
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline aoi cobalt

Re: Hello... New to the boards.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 04:29:56 PM »
Thanks for the e-mails. I found someone to get me the cult destroyers that I needed.
Now I just have to paint (when they arrive) and find some players... maybe in Cleveland (closest to Cincinnati where I'm at, I guess).
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 10:18:04 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forums.  Sorry I have been playing hookie a bit as I needed to catch up on some work after taking time off with Origins.  Yes there is a UWZ group based out of Cleveland however, there are players much closer to you.  There is a former Crusader that lives in the Dayton area.  He goes by the call name of Madnos.  I need to try and look him up anyway.  If I get a hold of him I'll inform him that you are looking to play.  Additionally, I live in Columbus and have strong ties to the Cleveland group.  If we get anything organized we will send the word.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 01:37:33 AM »
if you want to muster new armies (for new players) you could have a look here:
http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=2753.0

2) The WZ v2 Nepharite of Illian with the HMG is now Vahl'dredd the Hunter. Any rules on stating him out as the Nepharite he was?

if i understood correct, you want a generic nepharite with HMG?
-> sorry, no more, just the named chars. itīs similar with many armies, esp. cybertronic
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Wedge

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 08:13:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 05:11:43 AM »
Nice to  have new members.  Even nicer when they are players and not spam!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 09:17:40 AM »
Welcome aboard sir.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 05:19:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum and to WZ! There's a forum for trades here, Ebay is an occasional option....and if you ask around, there are stores that still have some product. As I recall, Prince August was selling WZ also. Anyone know if they still have a decent selection?
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 02:18:44 PM »
I live pretty close to Cincy. There are a few of us who are still dinking around with 1st edition but own UWZ.

Thanks,

John