Author Topic: transformers movie  (Read 13831 times)

Wedge

Re: transformers movie
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 07:26:41 PM »
Gallagher's knowledge of the transformer world is disturbing and admirable... both at the same time!  ;D

Thanks for the run-down sir!

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 08:03:20 AM »
Actually, he just summarized the Transformers Movie rather nicely, the animated one, it was recently released as the 20th anniversary on DVD.

Though he neglected the best part of the movie, while with the Junkicons, they danced to some Wierd Al.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 06:08:32 PM »
Odd to think that in real time it was supposed to take place two years ago.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline gwingfan

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 06:59:13 PM »
Gallagher, you earned some karma from me, your knowledge of this subject is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a dark lord of the sith, fear me!!
Homebase: Ambler, PA (near philly); Currently at the University of Central Florida in the Orlando, FL area

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 06:11:16 PM »

My favorite will always be the Robotech introduction.
"In 1999 an alien spaceship crashed into Macross island . . . . . "  Whoops, guess the psychics were wrong again.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 06:30:14 PM »
"In 1999 an alien spaceship crashed into Macross island . . . . . "  Whoops, guess the psychics were wrong again.

Glenn if you look at the atlas for the year 2000 Macross Island had it's name changed to Area 52  :o
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2007, 11:30:53 PM »

hah i was thinkin about this sort of thing the other night, when i watched predator 2. its set in like 1997 or so, though its got a gritty futuristic  gangland feel to it. whats weird is they went ahead and set Alien vs Predator  in 2004 or so with everything looking normal.
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 07:05:29 AM »
Alien vs. Predator, let's confuse the Predator and Alien stories as much as possible shall we?
I loathe that movie from any sort of story point, standalone it is fine, but mix it all together and you get WTF?

Topkick - LOL

For some reason, I still love that show, but I have never seen anything other than the Macross Saga.

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 05:23:27 PM »
yeah its a pretty bad movie hehe.  i especially disliked how the predators were put on steroids.  dont look like tribal hunters anymore.
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 07:06:48 PM »

For some reason, I still love that show, but I have never seen anything other than the Macross Saga.

It was the best one of the city; the others were square pegs shoved in a round hole. 

I think Buck Rodgers was also supposed to take place in '97-the last deep space ranger mission or something.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 07:40:38 PM »
I was thinking that you had the wrong year but wasn't sure so I went hunting for the opening and found this on IMDB

The year is 1987, and NASA launches the last of America's deep space probes. In a freak mishap, Ranger 3 and its pilot, Captain William "Buck" Rogers, are blown out of their trajectory into an orbit which freezes his life support systems, and returns Buck Rogers to Earth... 500 years later.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2007, 03:21:49 AM »
My bust-a part of me wondered if 1987 was the right date but it seemed too soon.

Now it looks like Scifi is reworking Flash Gordon.  Not sure how that is going to turn out.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 07:56:35 PM »
What I have seen of the Masters seems blah, but I have heard the Third part (Invid) is pretty good.

Could always hunt down the original series and see if they are any better.

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2007, 08:18:53 PM »
Hello

I watched all 3 series for robotech, the first series was best followed by the third invid series. The second one robotech masters was blah, okay but seriously lacking what the first had.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline UrbanShocker

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »
If you go to the robotech.com website and clink on the link to the Space Station Liberty podcasts, Robotech Master_2000   has interviewed many of the voice actors and people that were involved with Harmony Gold during creation of Robotech and others that are running the company these days.  The interviews are really interesting look at what went on behind the scenes when they put together the Orginial series.