Author Topic: HIRE WEDGE TO PAINT YOUR MINIATURES!  (Read 57780 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: HIRE WEDGE TO PAINT YOUR MINIATURES!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 01:39:35 PM »
Consider me next on the list. That way if my soon to be ex-wife gets them, at least they'll be pretty..... :(

SP

WARNING.....INSIDE JOKES AHEAD....WARNING
Sorry to hear about the break-in you might have  ;)

While your divorce will be no where as smooth as mine (heh) as soon as it is final we can go on a strawberry hunt. We just have to go searching for the strawberry fields.  ;D

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 04:14:13 PM »
Ouch, Sorry to hear that Jason.  I hope it ends up amicable.   :(

I have a feeling it's going to be long, drawn out, and ugly....

She's an alcoholic...and I suspect meth....and she's pregnant....

That's why I haven't been on much lately....

sigh...

SP
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »
Yikes, Southpaw... hope you can make it work out for you...

Would you be able to get her to take a drug test?  If you can show she's an addict, it'll only help your case...
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »

Topkick is first.  He is sending me about 10-14 miniatures (I assume 2 squads of Cybertronic).  If I finish them early and feel I can take on more I will take the next job on the list.

Here is the list so far:

1.  Topkick (Cybertronic 10-14 miniatures)
2.  ?

Start signing up... first come first served.  ;D

Wedge - did you deceide to use MadBrad's rates or? I have historically really liked your work and would like to enlist your services. You'll be the ONLY person other than myself to paint any minis in my collection...but there's some I'd just like a "Different take" on. Let me know, buddy. Thanks....
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Wedge

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 10:15:09 AM »
I haven't decided on the rates yet.  I am sort of using Topkick as a sounding board for that.  BTW, I am still waiting for him to send me the minis for me to paint...  hint hint!  ;)

Looking at Madbrad's break down...

I don't really paint anything to just table top standard.  I can't help myself.  I always try to paint to a showcase standard.  My problem is I can't throw 3-5 colors on a mini, add some minor detail and then leave it there.  I have to flesh it out as much as possible.

That being the case, I am probably going to charge around $5 per standard mini paintjob with a discount for larger squads.  Specialty miniatures and those of larger size will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

This is of course up in the air and negotiable.  That is why I am painting minis for TK and asking him to judge the quality and pay me based on that judgement.  I completely trust his integrity and will gauge future painting prices on his assessment.  I hope that will help everyone decide if they think I'm worth the expenditure.

My paints are waiting for your minis Topkick!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 11:38:13 AM »
Sorry Wedge. I was waiting for you to give the word and then got focused on job hunting and haven't been by the forum as much as I used to. They will go out this weekend.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 07:34:14 PM »
Works for me, Wedge. Just let me know when you make a decision and have some time....
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Wedge

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 07:38:44 AM »
1. Topkick (August)
2. PhillySniper (September)
3. NoTrollNick (October)
4. Alpha (November)

I will update this list as I finish projects.  If I am quicker than I estimate I will move people up the list and/or add preferred customers in to my workload.  Thanks for the compliment Alpha.  ;)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »
Figs away. Should have them in the next couple of days.

Wedge

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 10:13:08 AM »
I will be charging a $1 prep fee per miniature if I have to modify the miniature before painting.  Meaning...

If I have to glue the mini to the base (providing you give me all the bases... TK!), clean the flashing off the mini, and or prime it then it is going to cost a little extra.  Glue, razor blades and primer all cost money and time; hence, the extra $1 fee.  I did not mention this beforehand, so Topkick gets a free pass on this one since I didn't stipulate in advance.  You can avoid this fee by sending me your miniatures based, de-flashed, and primed.

Oh and for the shipping... the buyer pays for shipping both ways.  I will not charge anything until you receive the final product and are satisfied.

You owe me a base Topkick!  One of my poor unpainted Legionnaires is doing without thanks to you!  ;D

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 10:28:27 AM »
I will be charging a $1 prep fee per miniature if I have to modify the miniature before painting.  Meaning...

If I have to glue the mini to the base (providing you give me all the bases... TK!), clean the flashing off the mini, and or prime it then it is going to cost a little extra.  Glue, razor blades and primer all cost money and time; hence, the extra $1 fee.  I did not mention this beforehand, so Topkick gets a free pass on this one since I didn't stipulate in advance.  You can avoid this fee by sending me your miniatures based, de-flashed, and primed.

Oh and for the shipping... the buyer pays for shipping both ways.  I will not charge anything until you receive the final product and are satisfied.

You owe me a base Topkick!  One of my poor unpainted Legionnaires is doing without thanks to you!  ;D

:(        :'(     Sorry Wedge     :(       :'(
Sorry Wedge and I kindly refuse your free pass. A buck apiece is fair and will be calculated into the final cost. Once the package is received I will evaluate them and pay you as discussed, plus an additonal buck per fig for prep, plus shipping, plus the base. I will then pay you in the manner you specify -- check, money order, postal money order, paypal. I would perfer not to send cash thru the mail but if you are willing to risk it then I can do that too.

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 06:36:07 AM »
wedge

i recieved the SOK today.  They were packed with loving care, and the painted ones looked very good!  The 4-state militia is playing over the upcoming holiday, and i want to try these guys out.  plus, given my 12 game winning streak with the CL elves, they will be happy to see me play somethign else.  Ill do them proud I promise

thanks much, good work, nice stuff, and I will try to bloody my enemies with these fine figs

troy

Wedge

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 06:49:48 AM »
wedge

i recieved the SOK today.  They were packed with loving care, and the painted ones looked very good!  The 4-state militia is playing over the upcoming holiday, and i want to try these guys out.  plus, given my 12 game winning streak with the CL elves, they will be happy to see me play somethign else.  Ill do them proud I promise

thanks much, good work, nice stuff, and I will try to bloody my enemies with these fine figs

troy

Glad to hear it!  Enjoy the miniatures!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 07:45:55 AM »
 Any chance of some pictures of your SOK miniatures?

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 12:41:49 PM »
sure, we do battle reports with pics, ill get those online after we play next weekend