Author Topic: Wedge's Miniatures  (Read 11017 times)

Wedge

Re: Wedge's Miniatures
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 07:21:34 AM »
My namesake Troy, has just purchased the entire SoK Army.  He and I are working out the details now.  I will call me buddy to itemize my Stygian tonight from his house and then I'll post that list as well--since some of you are interested in it.  That army isn't huge, but I started a pretty cool paint scheme with them that would be very easy to copy.

The stygian are black skinned (with Blue Plumb highlights).  Their gear is all copper, white, and grey.  It's a neat color combo that looks quite nice when a whole squad or two are put out on the board.  I also painted the bases tan in preparation for sand flock, but I did not get to that yet.  Of course, I would not be upset if you stripped them and painted them to match your army.

Keep your eyes peeled for that upcoming post.

As for the painting for hire...

I have done it before and got seriously burnt out.  The pressure for time was intense and the demand was very high.  I ended up churning out less than my best quality work and that bothered me.  However, it has been a while and I really do need the money.  It might be a good option for me.

Whoever has seen my painting skills, and would like to have me paint for them please send me a PM.  I cannot promise I will be able to do it, but I'd like to see how much interest there is first. 

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 10:43:40 AM »
 Do you have any other miniatures you are selling?
 Nice to see you have someone for the SoK.

Wedge

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 12:26:18 PM »
No just the Stygian, SoK, and Semai/Horde.  I have made arrangements to get the list of Stygian today.  I will post it later tonight when I get home from work.

I have a handful of D&D miniatures, but they all have WAY too much sentimental value AND they are the best paintjobs I have ever done so I am keeping them (about 8 hours spent painting each miniature).

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 12:32:23 PM »
glad to see someone got the SOK.  There were some figs I was wanting, but I'm glad someone took the whole shebang. 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline troy-the-just

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 01:07:25 PM »
you can play with them too dog, after all, i was going to have to ask u to finish painting them   ::)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 01:53:14 PM »
you can play with them too dog, after all, i was going to have to ask u to finish painting them ::)

I will.......but it will have to wait until I'm done with the Blackbloods.  I really need to get started on all these minis. ;D
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Wedge

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 04:32:09 PM »
Here is my Stygian Army

Stygian:

Painted:

Starved (6)
Axemen (2)
Spearmen (2)
Priestess

Primed:

Swordsmen (2)
Starved (2)
Axemen (4)
Spearmen (2)
Reapers (4)
Flayers (2)
Drugged (2)
Tree Devil
Guardian
Embalmed

All of these miniatures are free-floating, I do not have a case for them.  But I will pack them up nice and safe if someone buys them all.

Following the same price scale with the other miniatures...

For the painted that would be…
10 x 5
1 x 8
$58

For the unpainted that would be…
18x1
3x4
$30

That would be a total of $88 so let's just make it an even $90.

Send me a PM if you're interested, or post here if you like.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 08:17:00 AM by Wedge »

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 05:09:43 PM »
The Semai army is claimed. It is no longer available  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Wedge

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 08:49:58 PM »
It is?  By who?  No one sent me a PM...  ???

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 06:28:55 AM »
All formalities have been observed and the Semai Army is claimed by a small but powerful cartel  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Wedge

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 08:16:14 AM »
I realized that my two Stygian Swordsmen are only half painted so I adjusted the price above.  The new total is only $90 and not $100.

Wedge

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 06:34:08 PM »
All,

I was going to keep this private, but I want you to know how cool these guys on this forum are...

Topkick, Philly Sniper, and Coil banded together to buy my Semai army with the stipulation that I borrow it... indefinitely.  I was floored.  Their generosity is amazing and I am truly touched by their gracious offer.

Having said that... I cannot accept and they might get mad at me for this...

You three excellent gentlemen have convinced me to keep the army and try to raise money another way.  With that transition I lead you to the following post...

http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=3798.0

I discussed it with my wife and she agreed that I would regret selling them.  Couple that with not being able to take my good friends money in good conscience and I have reached my decision.

The Stygian and SoK are still for sale.  Troy is getting the SoK and Sylvas is trying to get a friend to buy my stygian.  If he doesn't I will just keep them (unless someone else is interested).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 06:42:11 PM by Wedge »