Author Topic: terrain special effects questions  (Read 3518 times)

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
terrain special effects questions
« on: November 13, 2005, 01:29:32 PM »
With some terrain, there are effects such as "Bog", where he model furthest from sarge, and all other models within 3" of him are sucked into the effect, and can take no actions til someone else spends 1 action in base-to-base contact to free them.

My question is, If i have a 6-man squad, and 5 fall into the bog, the 1 remaining guy spends one action to get to base-to-base with the closest model, and spends 1 action freeing him. Can the now-free model use all of his actions to free another model, and thus cascade down the line to free all other models? or, are the models that fell into the bog automatically "activated" for that turn?

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: terrain special effects questions
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 03:02:38 AM »
ASFAIK any models that fall into the Bog lose any actions they would have had.

alternatively, they lose the one action required to remove them from the bog, though I would mark them prone (and slimey) in that case.

Discuss it with your group and decide ahead of time which you prefer.

For Jungle 1-4 I'd reccommend loss of one action and Prone status when freed.

For Jungle 5-8 I'd reccomend loss of all actions.
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 12:11:54 PM »
I think we need an offical answer for this. This happen i mine and jjdodger's game in a tourney where my squad was affected by bog and my 1 free member of the squad sent 1ac to move and 1 action to pull a model free then 2 freed model spent 1 ac to move and 1 ac to free another model and so on down the line. If the freed model has no actions i would have lost 5 members of my squad. Remember in most cases each model had to use 2 actions to move and then free a model which i feel is enough of a penalty already.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 03:26:10 PM »
It also happened when i played Andrew at the Rogues Den recently

Both times, it was basically a cascade: the 1 guy not trapped freed guy #2, guy #2 freed guy #3, etc, down the line. On the plus side, it tied up that squad for a turn, but, I'm not sure that that was the true meaning of the effect. Unless the WHOLE squad gets swallowed, odds are that the squad will spend the turn freeing itself, and not lose any members.