Author Topic: Reach for BIG critters  (Read 6428 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Reach for BIG critters
« on: November 06, 2005, 12:57:59 PM »
The rules state that a Bio-Giant has a 3" reach for purposes of CC.  Does this apply to other SZ 6 DL creatures like the Behemoth?

If so, does that, effectively, give the Behemoth a 4" reach due to the Giant Azhogar?

If a model is in CC with a Bio-Giant, does it have to Move outside the reach to Breakaway from CC?

If a model is not in base to base with the Bio-Giant, but is within the Reach, can it be targeted without being considered to be firing into CC?

When moving into CC range (3" for Bio-Giant), is this considered a Charge, even though there is no Charge bonus?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: Reach for BIG critters
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 03:49:02 PM »
Yes.

Yes.

no, just has to break away from base to base contact.  However the Fugly doesn't have to move to attack it if it can't leave the reach range.

Yes.

No.  Charges, and associated bonus', are only for when moving into base to base contact.  Are you asking if he gets to attack ontop of the Move action?
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 06:51:48 PM »
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Yes, I am.

If a BUFF hits with a CC weapon, are the models not considered to be in CC?  According to the rules, as I read them, they are - the model with the polearm doesn't get the charge bonus, though.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 06:53:56 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline jjdodger

• Board Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 07:31:19 PM »
for the "breaking away", if model x is 2 inches away from the Behemoth after the behemoth charged and swung his CC attack, does model X need to "break away" to get out of CC and shoot in RC, and if so, how far? 4"? or only say, 1/2"?

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 08:56:50 PM »
I've always played it such that the Reach CC attack comes at the end of a move attack.  (which makes the P. Behemoth a monstrosity).

To Break from CC you only need to leave Base to Base contact.

It is possible for a Behemoth to be in CC with someone that is not in CC with the Behemoth.  IE within the 4 inches of Azoghar range but only in PB until it makes a Charge.

-PFC joe

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 06:13:31 AM »
Just to clarify for me please. The Behemoth can move and attack a model that is in his close combat range but not charged in the same action?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 06:56:24 AM »
As I've played it, yes.  Giving the Behemoth 8 (EIGHT!) inches of attack range with the Azoghar, which can sweep.  Attacks  Twice.  Sweep once and handcannon once as secondary attack.  Thanks dragon for the catch.

(four inches MV.  FAQ'd +3 inches for CC range. +1 Inch for the Azoghar.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 07:56:24 AM by PFC joe »

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 07:41:31 AM »
Sweep Twice is'nt it sweep pnce and handcannon once as secondary attack?
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 07:54:13 AM »
Whoops! Hands got ahead of mind there.  meant to say attacks twice  -fixes-

-PFC joe

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 08:21:38 AM »
So, even if I am not in BtB, I get 2ndary Attack with Behemoth???  Cool!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 08:32:15 AM »
You get the Secondary Attack with the BFG he's carrying as his fists (Natural Attack) can't quite reach.  I like to charge to three inches away, use the Azoghar for it's massive damage and instead of cleaving suckers in twain I sweep, knock the first one down and for the Secondary attack Lob him via Screeching Projectile.  Not sure how Kosher it is, but it sure is demoralizing and fun to watch.

-PFC joe

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 08:46:05 AM »
Under Screeching Projectile pg.79 if a model scores a wound on a size 2 or less he may forgo infliction of wound in order to knock target prone and stunned, then may be picked up and thrown at targets within 8 inches for the cost of 1 action. I would say you couldn't do this as a secondary attack. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 08:56:59 AM »
The only weirdness I see is whether or not I can use a Sweep to stun for the Screeching Projectile.  I have no problem with using a Secondary Attack (it is a completly seperate attack action after all) and the bugger is twenty feet tall and has four arms.

-PFC joe

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 09:22:35 AM »
I've yet to do this:  Have a squad of Zombies in front of the Behemoth (can you say, "ammo belt"?  I knew you could) and lob the little buggers on the way in (they don't even need to be knocked prone first!).