Author Topic: Privateer Press Nyss mounted on Elk  (Read 6171 times)

Offline Alxbates

Privateer Press Nyss mounted on Elk
« on: July 01, 2007, 11:58:33 AM »
Ya'all may have seen these already:

http://www.privateerpress.com/HORDES/gallery/default.php?level=picture&id=113

Nyss archers (crap models!) riding on armored elk (awesome models!)...

I'm going to have to buy a unit and convert them to Sons of Kronos axe-throwers for Chronopia (some friends and I are planning to start up again this winter... unless Wargods of Olympus *really* blows us away...).  I'm not a fan at all of Hordes or Warmachine, but they do occasionally come out with some sweet models.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Enjoy.  Discuss.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Privateer Press Nyss mounted on Elk
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 05:12:42 AM »
WARMACHINE/Hoardes has put out a lot of great stuff.  Pity I just can't seem to get excited about them yet.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Iron Panda

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 06:37:08 AM »
Warmachine figs have always caught my fancy.  The game mechanics and fuff doesn't do it for me, but I've bought several figs as proxy to the awesomest game of all, Chronopia.  (Would for Warzone, but they don't have the appropriate feel. ;))

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 10:12:23 AM »
 The new Hordes stuff is very nice and I love the new TrollBlood Warlock and Pygmy Troll Keg carrier.
 Alex I have most of the Olympus miniatures just acouple to get also got the To-tamum Collossus very nice.
 Dark Slave miniatures do a very good Leonidas and a couple of other Spartans too.They have some very cool miniatures and the new pirate(Jack Sparrow) is very nice.

Iron Panda

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 09:03:23 PM »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »
I think someone on a Vor board was saying how shamefully a ripoff it was.  Of course Vor is dead so what difference does it make?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 08:02:54 PM »
Hello.

Sculpts and poses are not nearly the same thing. One is the art work for a cover the other is an actual mini. The similarity may come from the sculpter, he may have worked on Vor as well. I think the Vor people should just look at it this way it is a proxy they can use. Hell if some thing from another line comes along that I can use for warzone and chronopia  and is similar in appearance I may just use it if it looks good enough.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.