Author Topic: Tanks?  (Read 39801 times)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: Tanks?
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2005, 05:22:13 PM »
You seemed to be insinuating that we (the people that like tanks) are ungrateful children looking for the next big unit to come out. Is that a general summation of what you had to say?

PMP Ving

Would it be so horrible to use my Blitzers for what they were intended, to suicidaly launch themselves at a near unbeatable  tank for some good old hand to tank action?

I am not insinuating anything. I didnt see anywhere in your post where you asked EE to come up with ideas for MBTs to input into the game. I like tanks as stated b4. The people I was talking about are the ones that forget the main purpose of the game.  I personally cant wait to see all the squad figs out and painted and being played in a  full scale scenario.There is nothing wrong with being a gamer and looking to have a better gaming experience. Thats how other games take off.  Besides I dont wanna see tanks because then Id have to bring more Bauhaus snipers into the game just to shoot at  the antenna and gunners and officers and treads and take them out.. not too selfish a reason I suppose  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2005, 07:37:44 AM »
Philly,

No one is talking about tournaments (750 points) we are talking about friendly games amongst friends. Fire missions aren't available in tournaments so why would tanks. A tank that can destroy whole platoons/companies and can only be scratched by things like rockets and mortars would cost say 1000 points. But then again a main battle tank would have difficulty targeting a lone soldier, especialy one that is hidden by conver & concealment.

In friendly games people agree upon what will be played. You can just refuse to play with tanks.

PMP Ving

Ok I dont know why you targeted me with that particular statement but Oh well. Using your statement to back mine up, if you cant use Tanks in a tournament, why would you want EE to create the models and the rules for them to be used. If they are going to be used for friendly house rules games then why cant you take information that available to design your own tanks to use in the game? I think EE is correct in focusing on things that can help spead the popularity of UWZ via cons and gaming realms.  I never said that they have no place in the game on friendly terms or with house rules. I just think EE has too much other stuff to focus on right now to add tanks and the like to the game. If rules exist <which I gather from comments that they do> then tweak them for your own pleasure and Tank war away. Thats just not my preference at this time for UWZ.

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2005, 07:50:41 AM »
Can we just declare this a draw?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2005, 09:54:44 AM »
WOW.

I forgot that EE was only in it for the tournaments.  ???
 I don't enter tournaments, I play for fun. I guess I'll take my minis and go.

PMP Ving

P.S. I've been told.  :D

You have an incredible nack for reading what you want and taking what you want from a statement. I was talking about tourneys as a way to draw new people into the game. And the whole tourney topic was brought up by YOU!!

You seem to want to keep this going and want to make it personal. Just PM me and we can continue our discussion..  and we can keep this moving, Which is the purpose of the forums after all.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 09:56:38 AM by PhillySniper »

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2005, 11:59:15 PM »
*SOB* It's like watching my parents' divorce all over again! :'(
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2005, 04:18:09 AM »
PhillySniper and Vingthor I told both of you to cool it, but obviously you cannot.

Thread closed!

/Andreas
Forum Moderator