Author Topic: Anyone up for a game (pbem)?  (Read 21271 times)

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
Anyone up for a game (pbem)?
« on: November 01, 2005, 10:23:22 AM »
Hi out there,

is anyone up for a nice little PBEM game?

I haven't played a game in a while...the last games have been with Coil in 2004, so I would like to do some playing.

Although I have played and used Cyberboard I'm not that experienced with the game mechanics to create a game of my own... :(

greetz,

Anomander Rake
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: Anyone up for a game (pbem)?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 11:59:27 AM »
Wedge and I just finished a 1500 pt Imperial vs Capitol game and we were just saying that it would be nice with a 3 or 4 player game. We'll have to see if we can find a 4th player.

/Andreas

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 12:10:09 PM »
I am willing to play a 3 player game as well if we cannot get a 4th player.  Anyone willing to commit?  Experience with the Cyberboard program would be a bonus but it is not required.  We'd be willing to teach any newbies who want to game against some great opponents.

Please respond here if interested.  This would be for Chronopia of course since Anomander only plays the fantasy game.  But for those who want to get into the UWZ PBEM circle as well we can accomodate.

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 12:12:41 PM »
I would be intrested in learning how. That would be awesome.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline Anomander_Rake

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 12:17:25 PM »
Wedge and I just finished a 1500 pt Imperial vs Capitol game and we were just saying that it would be nice with a 3 or 4 player game. We'll have to see if we can find a 4th player.

Yes, that would be great.

I've been thinking about sending you an email about a new game...but I wanted to see if there are more players out there I haven't met...as it seems there aren't that much still hanging around.

I think formerly there have been more players..perhaps I'm wrong - or have been to long absent...

greetz,

Anomander Rake
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline Anomander_Rake

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 12:24:32 PM »
I should really type faster...

I am willing to play a 3 player game as well if we cannot get a 4th player. Anyone willing to commit? Experience with the Cyberboard program would be a bonus but it is not required. We'd be willing to teach any newbies who want to game against some great opponents.

Please respond here if interested. This would be for Chronopia of course since Anomander only plays the fantasy game. But for those who want to get into the UWZ PBEM circle as well we can accomodate.

Have you anything special in mind? the last game I ran with Andreras has been the Temple of the Dragon Lords...

I would be intrested in learning how. That would be awesome.

It looks like we have found the fourth player....

let the games begin...

greetz,

Anomander Rake

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 12:46:45 PM »
Cool, then we'll do a 4-player game. Let's make it a Euro vs US grudge match. So Anomander and I will team up against the evil forces of Wedge and Morf.

I'll choose the countryside map and suggest 800 pts per player. Or should we make it a 1000?

What factions do you want to play?

/Andreas

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 02:53:33 PM »
1000 sounds good to me. Im leaning towards Elf or Firstborn army. But remember I am a newbiesoI will need some expalinig. cool? ??? ;)
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline Firstborn

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 03:05:10 PM »
I would be willing to play a game.

Where can I download the Chronopia files?

Thanks

chronopia@gmail.com
Chronopia - The best fantasy miniature wargame ever made

Wedge

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 03:24:47 PM »
Firstborn... Morfdoggs replied first so we will have to give him preference.  However, depending on where you live (time zone is important) one of us (Coil or I) can give you a quick lesson on how to play.  That will get you geared up for a new game with us at a later time.

I am going to suggest (since we have a new player with us) only 750 per team.  The countryside map would be a good one too.  Let's pick teams now based on preference of armies and go from there.  Andreas knows my favorites but I would be willing to play anything right now.  Currently our gamebox only lacks icons for the Swamp Goblins so unless I have a lot of free time to knock all those out (which I don't) we should stay away from them.

Morfdoggs says he'll play Elf or Firstborn so does anyone want to team up with one of those factions?
Anomander what do you want to use in the game?
Coil?

I'll pick an appropriate army for my teammate once everyone else has decided.  From there I will design the scenario/rules and any necessary icons that may not be created for the game.

Let's get crackin'!

Offline Firstborn

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 03:54:38 PM »
Firstborn... Morfdoggs replied first so we will have to give him preference.  However, depending on where you live (time zone is important) one of us (Coil or I) can give you a quick lesson on how to play.  That will get you geared up for a new game with us at a later time.

I am going to suggest (since we have a new player with us) only 750 per team.  The countryside map would be a good one too.  Let's pick teams now based on preference of armies and go from there.  Andreas knows my favorites but I would be willing to play anything right now.  Currently our gamebox only lacks icons for the Swamp Goblins so unless I have a lot of free time to knock all those out (which I don't) we should stay away from them.

Morfdoggs says he'll play Elf or Firstborn so does anyone want to team up with one of those factions?
Anomander what do you want to use in the game?
Coil?

I'll pick an appropriate army for my teammate once everyone else has decided.  From there I will design the scenario/rules and any necessary icons that may not be created for the game.

Let's get crackin'!

Thanks Wedge, this sounds great. I can play any army, but will choose
Elves if my choices are limited.

I am in Mountain Standard Time. Would this work for either of you?

Also, can you e-mail me the files for the game  chronopia@gmail.com

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 05:17:46 PM by Firstborn »
Chronopia - The best fantasy miniature wargame ever made

Offline Anomander_Rake

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 10:00:04 PM »
Cool, then we'll do a 4-player game. Let's make it a Euro vs US grudge match. So Anomander and I will team up against the evil forces of Wedge and Morf.

I'll choose the countryside map and suggest 800 pts per player. Or should we make it a 1000?

What factions do you want to play?

Countryside Map? Is this that ruined village with three gates and a giant hedge-wall?

As I've never played Devout or Stygian before, I would like to use one of them...I hope this is ok for you, Andreas?

..... From there I will design the scenario/rules and any necessary icons that may not be created for the game.....

Are there any new icons / tiles / maps up to now? Perhaps you could send me them as well?

greetz,

Anomander Rake

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 12:28:12 AM »
Anomander and I have agreed to play Devout and he has already designed an army.

Expect lots of big nasties. :)

Firstborn, Wedge is in California and I am in Sweden so he is certainly closer to you time zone wise. Generally that isn't a big problem though. Wedge and I routinely get in between 2-5 moves per day.

More players are always welcome.

/Andreas

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 06:46:55 AM »
I am really willing to play any army, I have no real preference whateversondsgood to you whoever is playing with me.So its not a odd couple like Stygian and Firstborn.

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 07:12:44 AM »
Choose any army you want Morf (with the exception of Swampies and Dwarves other than Horned and Vulture Clan which we do not have icons ready for yet).

Anomander is playing Devout and I'll probably play either Devout or Shadow Tribe.

Firstborn? SOK? Elves? Blackbloods?

/Andreas