Author Topic: Goblins?  (Read 4145 times)

Offline mlnunn

Goblins?
« on: June 23, 2007, 04:21:50 AM »
Why are goblins so cheap?  They are nearly identical to other figures, but they cost half as much, did I miss something?

M
You have never lived 'til you've almost died.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.

Offline Jase

Re: Goblins?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 05:40:31 AM »
Goblins are short and puny with below average stats and their weapons cause lighter damage compared to an Orc's falchion, but they have strength in numbers, and pretty much are the only race who's cavalry are warbands and not individuals. Fluff wise, I think the Blackbloods would have used the Goblins as "first wave" troops, sending hordes of them to soak up the first hails of arrows.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:59:39 PM »
     I'm a big fan of the spearmen, and the Deathchickens are just way to much fun.  Goblin archers are good if you get them close enough, plus they are sooooo cheap. 
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Iron Panda

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:36:20 PM »
As far as goblins go, spearmen units are pretty much the default "filler" foot troop for me way back when I played Blackbloods. Not only they are cheap, but their group attack skill rocks!  I can still fondly remember overwhelming a Repulsar Knight with these little punks. :)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 08:39:59 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh.........the ol' goblin porcupine. ;D  I loved doing that to firstborn back in the 1st edition days.  Its almost as bad as seeing your Vulture legion falling to a gaggle of Elvish Militia. >:(
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143