Author Topic: Siege Mantlet stats  (Read 21709 times)

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
Re: Siege Mantlet stats
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 08:08:25 AM »
Wow! Those are slower than Christmas! They are 'ard as nails though. I guess you'd have to watch out for infiltrators outflanking you, unless pivoting with a manlet is free.

#6- 45 degrees per action.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

Offline Coki

• Chronopia World
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 11:20:10 AM »
@Thom

Initially Assigned: Blackbloods, Devout, Dwarves, Elves, Firstborn, Sons of Kronos
Restrictions: Stygians do not use Mantlets (except as ramps of course).

And the Swamp Goblins? (=Blackbloods?)

Elves - Blue- Adds 1 to the LD value of models behind it as pertains to Morale issues.             
(+2 points)
Which House? Topasz Scorpions or Crystall (Blue Lotuseater) or more?

Coki
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 11:40:42 AM by Coki »

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 01:49:09 PM »
Tortured Prisoners (Devout)- Adds 1 Wound.

Mmm...this just screams "conversion"....

mwahahahaa....
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline T Prime

• Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 03:33:01 PM »
Initially Assigned: Blackbloods, Devout, Dwarves, Elves, Firstborn, Sons of Kronos
Restrictions: Stygians do not use Mantlets (except as ramps of course). And the Swamp Goblins? (=Blackbloods?)

No, not the Swampies. Like the Stygian they do not use these Mantlets.

Elves - Blue- Adds 1 to the LD value of models behind it as pertains to Morale issues.             
(+2 points)
Which House? Topasz Scorpions or Crystall (Blue Lotuseater) or more?

Crystal Lotus. Sorry.

Excelsior!!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005, 11:26:32 PM »
I like the modelling and conversion possibilities the various modifications to the mantlets give. That's exactly the type of modifications and load outs I like. They should offer the possibility to do something cool with the model.

/Andreas

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 02:47:17 AM »
Hello out there,

after a long time I'm back to the forums...the new one looks nice...

Siege Mantlets
Spikes (Firstborn)- Models attacking the Spiked Mantlet from the front facing must attack using their CC score less 4 points. Models caught under a falling Mantlet with this must make an AR save against a DAM 7 attack.
(+6 points)

Sturdy Timbers (Sons of Kronos)- For the cost of an action the Mantlet may be cast down and positioned to cross a gap no longer than the Mantlet length. It will act as a bridge in this case.
(+2 points)
[/color]

OK, a falling Mantlet will damage the models beneath. In which direction will it fall? Can I read the rule as, when the Mantlet gains the third wound it will fall on those who stand behind and push it? Or will it fall on the attacker? When I use a Mantlet with a different army, will they do the same damage when falling?

In the case of the SoKs, they can cast it down by their own will. Can they use it to smash the enemies in front of the mantlet? Can they re-raise it afterwards?

Another question that came into my mind when reading the mantlet stats and the special rules was what happens when the mantlet will be pushed into a unit? will it stop, trample or charge? Would I have to decide what happens I would compare the size of those who push and the model / unit that is being pushed by the mantlet...If the pushers will win the attacked or rammed model should be kept prone or so...on the other hand when the pushers are smaller the mantlet shouldn't be able to move...

just my two cents...

greets,

Anomder Rake
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline T Prime

• Administrator
  • Member Prime
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 12:47:35 PM »
OK, a falling Mantlet will damage the models beneath. In which direction will it fall? Can I read the rule as, when the Mantlet gains the third wound it will fall on those who stand behind and push it? Or will it fall on the attacker? When I use a Mantlet with a different army, will they do the same damage when falling?

The Mantlet falls forward away from the users. Destroying it doesn't make it fall. The users can elect to push it over as an action. It is then done.

In the case of the SoKs, they can cast it down by their own will. Can they use it to smash the enemies in front of the mantlet? Can they re-raise it afterwards?

Casting it down on an enemy will not cause them damage like the FB one will. It will only push them back or pin them. I will have to amend the text.

Another question that came into my mind when reading the mantlet stats and the special rules was what happens when the mantlet will be pushed into a unit? will it stop, trample or charge? Would I have to decide what happens I would compare the size of those who push and the model / unit that is being pushed by the mantlet...If the pushers will win the attacked or rammed model should be kept prone or so...on the other hand when the pushers are smaller the mantlet shouldn't be able to move...

Mantlets will stop when they encounter an enemy. If the mantlet has offensive issues, they come into play. They do not trample or ram. There is no push test involved for them.
Excelsior!!