Author Topic: Dusk Realm Demon and converted Shadow Stalker  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Alxbates

Dusk Realm Demon and converted Shadow Stalker
« on: June 17, 2007, 12:42:23 PM »

This guy may have been the first Chronopia miniature I ever bought - I originally based him to be a Chaos Demon prince in Warhammer Fantasy Battle, but then I picked up the Chronopia rulebook and eventually rebased him with a deceased Vulture Clan Crossbowman on the base.

When I worked at the local Comic Shop, I would usually have a "Featured Game" of the month, with some sort of monthly contest (and usualy a month long 10% discount on the game).  During the month when I had Chronopia as the featured game, the contest was to convert a Shadow Stalker.  Winner got a free copy of the Dwarven Labyrinth book.  There were only a cople of entries, and my friend Jason submitted this one (which won the contest), converted out of a Reaper lizardman and lots of spiky Dark Eldar bitz.  There are, sadly, lots of fingerprints in the putty, but whaddyagonnado?  I painted it and used it for ages.  There was one game where he jumped (or fell?) off of a 2" cliff face, and rolled a critical armor failure and died from the wound... for years we joked that he'd fell on his keys.

I was able to buy the official Shadow Stalker, and I love the model, but I've never gotten around to painting it, so on those rare days when I dust off my Chronopia army to play a game, I still use this fragile little guy.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Dusk Realm Demon and converted Shadow Stalker
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:45:46 AM »
 Nice miniatures Alex are you going to do some force shots for us to see?

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 01:41:51 PM »
very nice stuff.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 03:33:52 PM »
I like the shadow stalker, save for the finger prints, you should be able to get rid of them with a bit of sand paper, then just paint it over again.

The Dusk Realm Demon, looks nice as well.