Author Topic: Firstborn on the Move  (Read 20148 times)

Wedge

Re: Firstborn on the Move
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 01:18:03 PM »
  Then we will have to get a match in at some point.  Cartel Training mission :)

Itll be a training mission for you.. Itll be target practice for me  ;D

No worries Archer.  I find that Bryon is a lot of bluff and bluster when it comes to Warzone... Texas Hold'em on the other hand? ...  :o ;)

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 01:19:27 PM »
I didnt play that hand Wedge... You played it for me. I was just along for the ride :)
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »
  Then we will have to get a match in at some point.  Cartel Training mission :)

Itll be a training mission for you.. Itll be target practice for me  ;D

No worries Archer.  I find that Bryon is a lot of bluff and bluster when it comes to Warzone... Texas Hold'em on the other hand? ...  :o ;)

Heh... remember, I have fought him a few times...  and while he is due to beat me, I don't expect it anytime soon. :) ;D ;D :)

No matter what happens, it will be a fun game.  That's for certain.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 01:51:12 PM »
Hello.

Tonight is the big night I want battle reports and after the fact smack talk ;D

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 08:25:59 PM »
The hills rumbled under the trod of booted feet.  Long snaking lines of Firstborn, marching under the banners of the Magister of Reading, ventured forth to the fording point allowing them transit to the roads leading to the Port of Fishtown.

There they expected to encounter the menace known as the Wolves led by the nefarious warlord known as Slater.  The outcome of this battle was unknown, the seers unable to see the paths that lay in reguards to the coming exchange of arms...  the way colored and masqued by the power of the unpredictible nature of vengence

Twice previous, the brave men of Reading had been defeated by the dwarves...  This time, the Magister would lead them himself and would not return to the Valley alive unless he was Victorious.

"Magister... the Dwarves await us in the pass."
  A nod.  "Indeed they do...  and likely spoiling for a fight once more.  Let us not disappoint them, shall we?  First Born of the Iron Valley...  CHARGE!!!"

And the battle was joined...

Flashes of steel and the shouts of First Born and Dwarves as they met in the middle of the pass... and the clash of steel sang in the air.  A Marksman, shadowing a flank looking for opportunistic targets and getting them... put a red-feathered arrow into a Keeper as his brother sniped at a Scrounge.

A small band of swordsmen withstood a charge from a Totem, and brought it down with their blades beating it thoroughly....

The Royal Guard, guarding the Magister, was engaged by Berserker dwarves and gave better than recieved.  The Magister, charging in to support his men, caught the flat of an Axe-head upside his skull and went down.

Enraged, the men of the Valley renewed their efforts and gave the hated dwarves no quarter...

As the dust settled, the magister awoke to a ringing in his head and blood on his armor.  One of his Guard held out a hand to him and helped him rise.  "How stands the Men of Reading?"  He asked.

"We stand victorious, Excellency...  None of the short ones save their thrice-damned Keeper escaped our Vengence."

A nod.  "Very good...  Send a runner to the main body;  Tell them the way is clear and Restitution awaits."

"As you direct, Magister"

The Guardsman moved off as the Magister looked about.  Oh... the Dwarves would rue the day that they crossed him.  Rue the day indeed.... and he would enjoy the revenge dealt for the insult and subjugation of his people.  Enjoy it indeed...

The First Born break the losing cycle and smash the dwarves but good. :)

Of course I lost the next game to Philly and the Crystal Lotus.  (I hates Sky Chariot... I truely do.)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 08:56:45 PM »
Nice litttle story line.  I know Canonball will be happy to here that the FB won a game.  I always felt that the FB were a very solid army.  I like some of the "Magister's" spells, as they look to be useful, and He is no slouch for combat.

@Joshuaslater--  tough luck bro.  Have you been feeding your "poodles" some of that pet food from China? ;D 

@Phillysniper-- CL are a really cool army to play/face.  Sky Chariot just rocks!!  I recommend comboing Sky Chariot with dream Warriors.......its just nasty. >:(
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 02:11:31 AM »
Nice litttle story line.  I know Canonball will be happy to here that the FB won a game.  I always felt that the FB were a very solid army.  I like some of the "Magister's" spells, as they look to be useful, and He is no slouch for combat.

Yep.  tehy are but one needs a good amount of tactica and some decent dice sometimes.  The Magister was a Firstborn Judge; no spells, just attitude.  Literally after he died, the dice got hot and it got REAL messsy fast which is noted in the story.

All I can say is that Keeper better be happy the Marksmen were out of position at the end- he may have ate a couple of arrows on his retreat off the board.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 05:21:09 AM »
Woof.  Cry.  Paws over eyes.

John had my number all right.  Well played my friend.  It was a pleasure having you and Bryon over, and watching you guys fight was great.  I'm glad you got two games in, as you had some time on the road.  Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 05:42:03 AM »
Woof.  Cry.  Paws over eyes.

John had my number all right.  Well played my friend.  It was a pleasure having you and Bryon over, and watching you guys fight was great.  I'm glad you got two games in, as you had some time on the road.  Cheers.

I might have had your number all night... but the damn Judge is continuing his streak of 20-ing out at a crtical moment.  And well play to you as well.  I suspect Chapter Two will prove most interesting as the FB of the Iron Valley continue their march upon Fishtown.
  Might need to borrow some swordsmen though.  I'm even willing to paint them for ya- just give me the color scheme to work with unless I have carte-blanche.

- John
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 04:56:17 AM »
  High up on the ridge overlooking the port village of Fishtown, the Magister gazed upon the dwellings and nodded to himself.  "It is time to strike once more..."  Stepping down from his perch, he made his way back to the army and his command tent.

Sigurd, I need you to lead the first host down into the plains outside of Fishtown and smash what faces you; the Dwarves will likely throw everything but the washbasin at you... but you must win through."

A half bow.  "Of course, Magister...  The dwarven slavers shall reap the pain that is Our People's Vengence and my weapon shall lead the way through their hearts."

"Very good, Sigurd; Prepare your war-host for you march at false dawn."

As the Repulsar Knight left the tent, The Magister turned to the shadows.  "Mak... ensure he does not be surprised.  Too many of our knights were blind to threats most others would see."  A whisper of cloth was the only reply as the fabric of the tent gave barely a ripple.

Going to his maptable, the Magister looked over the the map of the area and nodded.  ~As soon as Callisto and her Sisters are in place, victory is assured... Untill then, we make do with the assaults as planned.~

Josh,

Sometime next week perhaps or Sunday afternoon if you can make the drive up by me.  I have drill this weekend so I'll be around about 5pm.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 04:59:42 AM »
Great fluff!

Stupid drill.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 10:17:18 AM »
I'm in a friends wedding this weekend John, but we'll talk about getting some games in after that.  Looking forward to more, and I may take you up on the painting, or at least some advice.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 01:06:39 PM »
Like the story.  Canonball would dig the FB kick'n butt.  He has not had that recently.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143