Author Topic: New model gossip & EE machinations..  (Read 24430 times)

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
Re: New model gossip & EE machinations..
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 11:23:16 AM »
I ask that, because i´m already doing an new commander of the house Richthausen, whose design will have elements of Bauhaus Blitzers included. The work is running very well, and i even plan to create my own unit of Venusian Rangers. So i´m also asking myself, if those minis could be even massproduced by EE or if they will stay unique parts of my army forever .

PS: And please excuse my grammar. I am a german and english isnt my native language. So please look over the possible mistakes in the text. ;)

Hi Emil,

do you have any pictures you would like to share with us? The process of sculpting is very interesting to me...and of course to others as well...unfortunately I can't even paint my minis so making my own isn't a option for my future... ;)

As you will see, spending time on the forums will help you to improve your language skills...I remember having met some guys from the forums at Spiel 2003 and it was a pure nightmare. Never have I spoken more english than on that day...

Where in Germany are you based? I'm from the good old Ruhrgebiet...

greetz,

Anomander Rake
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline Pietia

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2005, 11:29:56 AM »
Emil - I guess that Excelsior is able to handle minis from outside sculptors. Luteran Cavalry, Stormtrenchers, Euthanasi, Surveiler... - all those models were sculpted in Poland ;-) , so maybe they will accept German designs too...

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005, 04:24:36 PM »
Send us some pictures, we would love to see them.

You can email them to me at
Jon@excelsiorentertainment.com

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005, 09:27:45 PM »
Emil,

Your writing of the English language is very good.  I did not consider that English was not native to you.  I am sure that I would not be able to speak or to type German one tenth as well as you know English.  I rely on online translation services when I need to communicate in another language.  Most Americans presume that what we type will be, instantly, understood to all those who read what we type.

More of us should be more like Europeans and be able to speak more than one language.

Welcome to the community.

Hopefully, Babelfish.com gets this correctly:

Emil,

Ihr Schreiben der englischen Sprache ist sehr gut. Ich betrachtete nicht, daß Englisch nicht zu Ihnen gebürtig war. Ich bin, daß ich nicht, Deutschem ein zehntes, sowie zu sprechen in der LageSEIN würde oder zu schreiben Sie spreche englisch sicher. Ich baue auf on-line-Übersetzungsdienste, wenn ich in einer anderen Sprache in Verbindung stehen muß. Die meisten Amerikaner setzen voraus, daß, was wir schreiben, sofort zu allen denen verstanden wird, die lesen, was wir schreiben. Mehr von uns sollten sein mehr wie Europäer und sein, mehr als eine Sprache zu sprechen. Willkommen zur Gemeinschaft.

(Wow - I reverse-translated the German, and I might need to apologize for my language!) ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 09:31:47 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 11:08:45 PM »
I am surprised. The last time I used something like Babelfish it has been worse.  ;)

I believe would german be the world language, your german would be better...so we are taught it from age ten or eleven, mostly. the are some (what you call) elementary schools that a bilangual who start at age six or seven.

I allways thought, that Americans had to take foreign laguage classes in school. Like Spain in California, Florida, Texas and all those states near to Mexico or the Caribean Seas...

just my two cents...

Anomander Rake
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2005, 11:21:53 PM »
The American schools are kinda sad in the language respect.

and most respects come to think of it.

But that's changing as the Minorities are almost the Majority and they'll be needing teaching in languages they can understand.
Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum

Sturer_Emil

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 05:35:46 AM »
Emil - I guess that Excelsior is able to handle minis from outside sculptors. Luteran Cavalry, Stormtrenchers, Euthanasi, Surveiler... - all those models were sculpted in Poland ;-) , so maybe they will accept German designs too...

Cool! That pushes my motivation a lot, because i thought, that our polish friends worked on a contractbase. :)

do you have any pictures you would like to share with us? The process of sculpting is very interesting to me...and of course to others as well...unfortunately I can't even paint my minis so making my own isn't a option for my future...

Errmm... No. I have no Digicam and the mini isnt finished too. But i remember an Article at "Minirealms", that has the art of sculpting as topic. And for the mini itself: As soon as the mini is finished and i get a digicam (My parents plan to buy one), I will send you a picture. ;)

Where in Germany are you based? I'm from the good old Ruhrgebiet...

I am from the Ruhrarea  to... Ok, its Wuppertal and therefore no real Ruhrarea. ;D
Where are you from?

Emil

PS: And thanks to all, who are able to understand me and like my spelling. I already feared, that communication would be harder. ;D

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 11:23:55 AM »
You're English is great.  Send pictures when you can!   :D
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Pietia

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 01:06:31 PM »
Cool! That pushes my motivation a lot, because i thought, that our polish friends worked on a contractbase. :)
I do not know, whether the designs were comissioned or submitted and then accepted. Honestly - I do not care. I just want to see them released :-)

Offline fuko

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 04:25:42 AM »
AFAIK Survailer was send last friday (model needed some small changes - separating arms etc.). So now it's up to Excelsior when it comes...

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 09:40:30 AM »
When model is received on our end I will post that we have it and should not take to long after that to get the mini cast up.

Jon

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 11:14:22 AM »
Please post pics of the greens!  Unless of course you cast'em so fast they just go straight to the store.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA