Author Topic: August's New Releases  (Read 21536 times)

Timthetekron

Re: August's New Releases
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 10:30:48 PM »
...the silencer/ flashsupressor on the Bauhaus Dragoon Sniper appears to be wrapped in the same material the models camoflagued cloak is made of. Take a closer look at the paint job and you will see it. That explains the "too big" look. // My "sculpty sense" is tellin' me that's a Kev White piece...and yea, he rules.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 02:41:37 PM »
I'm glad to see that someone gets it.  The end of the barel is just that...part of the ghille suit (yes, I know that Bauhaus snipers can't take loadouts - that needs to change ;))
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2005, 05:19:40 PM »
The Dragoon Sniper is in a Ghille Suit? It appears to me that he has a Camo cape and what appears to be colored burlap-like wraps around the end of his weapon - a common tactic for breaking up outlines and blurring lines.  A Ghille Suit is a much more elaborate form of camouflage.

In defense of everyone who thought it looked too big - it was hard to tell the wraps were there on the unpainted fig that was posted before.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 07:22:06 PM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Timthetekron

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 07:54:30 PM »
...just trying to help. I had no intention of putting anyone on the defensive by my previous post. I only thought it worth mentioning in the case someone may not have noticed the silencer/ flashsupressor wrapped in whatever material the models camoflagued cloak is made of. (I did'nt at first either). Stuff like that can sometimes be the differance between making the purchase or not and if I can help someone to enjoy MUTANT CHRONICLES more than I make no apologies for that. ("camoflagued cloak" was used as a generic definition in my previous post...I was trying to keep it short and sweet and to the point...but since it's come up whether the model is wearing a ghuillie suit or not I'm with dmcgee1 on that. As you may know there are different sorts of ghuillie "suits": ranging from ones that cover the entire body like a suit; to ones that cover the upper body only; even ghuillie ponchos; kits are also available to customise the suit and they can be modified as to how much of the body is covered. I am fairly certain any sniper who takes their work seriously would be wearing the most elaborate form of camoflague possible i.e. a ghuillie suit - in the case of the model in question I would also say he is wearing a ghuillie suit...more specifically a ghuillie poncho (they open in the front and look like ah...well like what the mini is wearing).  :D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 12:52:16 AM by Timthetekron »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 06:48:20 AM »
I didn't realize I came across as defensive. I apologize if my tone offended everyone. Chalk it up to a difference in understanding the stages of camouflage and not feeling well.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Timthetekron

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 08:02:31 PM »
sorry...when you said "in defense of everyone who thought it looked too big" I thought I may have unintentionally come across with an acusational/wrong tone in my post which is why I wrote "I had no intention of putting anyone on the defensive by my previous post". Mayhaps "defensive" was too strong a word. The one responsible has been sacked.  ;) I hope your feeling better.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 09:24:57 PM »
I didn't realize I came across as defensive. I apologize if my tone offended everyone. Chalk it up to a difference in understanding the stages of camouflage and not feeling well.

Not a prob, Top.  The paint job is mine, and the figure, itself, is Thom's re-work of my conversion - I took no offense.  ;)
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 02:20:58 PM »
Thanks Tim

After a few days of rest and some good drugs I am on the road to recovery

Timthetekron

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 08:43:28 PM »
...nice work on the Dragoon sniper dmcgee1 and Thom. The weapon looks like a Hagelsturm shotgun modified to look like a new sort of sniper rifle and not at all like the PSG-99 sniper rifle in the Bauhaus Armory...is it a new sniper rifle?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 10:13:02 PM »
Actually, if you look closely enough, it is the Bauhaus Dragoon Kaptain with a cloak (ghille suit - whatever) and a conversion of the LMG with which the Kaptain is, normally, outfitted.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 10:15:49 PM by dmcgee1 »

Timthetekron

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 11:28:12 PM »
...oh, I see it now, thanks. Is it the PSG-99 or a new Bauhaus sniper rifle?

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 07:16:02 AM »
"Oversized" weapons are pretty much par for the course in the "modern" 28mm range.  What would be scale weapons look small and frankly larger weapons add to the dramatic flair of the figure.  We've all seen sculpts by third tier companies that tried to go for realism and their weapons look puny and ineffective.  Besides, who looks at a MC fig and says "That machinegune is waaay to big!"?

I see a lot of the wrapping of the barrel like you describe over here but I think it's more to keep dust off than anything else.  Which leads me to a major problem with realism.  Frankly if the corporate militaries are anywhere near as screwed up as real life militaries, one needs to paint them (regardless of where they are supposed to be fighting-i.e. desert, jungle or whatever) with half their gear for one environment and half for another one completele (dessert trousers and shirt with jungle flack jacket and shoulder pads).  Better yet, devise a cammo scheme that works poorly in every environment.  Make sure noone in the squad has a set that matches because even thought they've been fighting on Mars or Venus or whatever for a thousand years or so supply can't keep up with the changes in uniform regulations.  This applies mainly to Capitol (just because their military is so freaking big) and Imperial (the beauracracy can't keep up).  Bauhaus is too efficient for this to be a problem, Mishima doesn't believe in camoflauge and everything goes with powder blue metallic (Cybertronic of course).  Brotherhood troops would get whatever they get because their dress code would appear to be black, white, or grey.  The DL has no fashion code other than "worn when you are still alive and have not had time to change since you got killed/transmorgified" which works well for them.  Arguably all my stuff is painted uniformly but I am hypocritical that way.

Sue me.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Catinator

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2005, 01:24:36 AM »
"...oh, I see it now, thanks. Is it the PSG-99 or a new Bauhaus sniper rifle?"

Well, as the rules go, take it as a PSG-99. If you want to see a "real" one check the old Bauhaus Dragoon captain. And it is available in the weapons pack too if you want some conversions. But beware - it is a bit different scale as it was done for the 1st Ed.

Greetings,

Catinator

Timthetekron

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2005, 08:08:55 PM »
...Thanks CATINATOR, will do.

...VEEZ, right on about "oversized" looking better than absolute scale accurate stuff and the comments about a uniform appearance. One thing I love about MUTANT CHRONICLES/ WARZONE is it truly has something for everyone and the opportunities for customisation (while staying within already established concepts) is what makes this game, as I like to say, "the only Tabletop Wargame youll ever need". 

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 02:06:10 AM »
You can do pretty much whatever you want with it from WWII-esque trench warfare to amphibious assaults to wall fights.  I would like to see a halfway point between the RPG and the TTG with (and I hate to invoke the great gaming Satan) a Kill Team type rule set.  Might be good for the Luna supplement.  I mean you could do it now; just set a low points limit and rule out uber characters (not sure what criteria I'd use-I don't have the rules handy).   In fact the double-blind deployment system is perfect for that sort of goodness.  I've noticed that WZ players are very generous about tweaking the rules to make scenarios work.

BTW Timthetekron-you weren't once MortificatorT were you?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!