Author Topic: Help Running a Demo  (Read 5612 times)

Offline Kobuya

Help Running a Demo
« on: October 23, 2005, 12:13:01 PM »
I need Help runnig a Demo for a couple of friends on Tuesday night. Im thinking of running a game using just grunt squads for now and 1 inividual per side. The units i have available are Hussars, Wolfbanes, Ronin Samurai, Ashigaru, Brotherhood Troopers, Undead Legionaires and possibly some capitol as one of the players has some miniatures from when we played first edition. Any help is apreciated.

Jeff

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: Help Running a Demo
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 12:31:02 PM »
For that collection of figs and a group that is somewhat new to the game I recommend the "Capture the FLag" Scenario. It can be played 4 way and if enough terrain is used and force has a chance. Place the flag in the middle so all forces have to come out from their starting bunkers. The best troop size is 1 grunt and 1 individual but two small grunt squads can be used.

Use the 4 corners for deployment zones set the field up to resemble a paintball field but make sure there is adequate terrain. The game runs fairly quickly so if it is a blowout or if some forces seem overly powerful you can change the terrain between games or go to a 2 on 2 scenario or have multiple 1 on 1 games. Have fun and let us know how it goes.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 05:01:33 PM »
I would not recommend using the Wolfbanes in a beginner demo, because they require a lot of tactical manuevering to use effectively (but when used effectively, they are devastating).

my opinion is that simple shooting units are the best to use.  Things like Ronin Samurai, Ducal Militia, Capitol Light Infantry, Cybertronic People's Volunteers, and Imperial Regulars and Trenchers are good choices to use.  I don't like using Ashigaru in a demo because of the range penalties on their guns.

I would also SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND Topkick's suggestion about the Capture the Flag scenario for the demo.  I have presented at a demo the Topkick has organized, and the scenario is easy, small, and really presents the game in a good manner.

B
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Kobuya

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 03:37:51 PM »
Well Capture the flag worked very well for them and Bauhaus ended up with the first win and then was eliminated first in the second game which was won by Capitol. Thanks for the advice, ill post more later.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 08:12:49 PM »
Glad you all had a good time. Welcome to the world of Warzone.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890