Author Topic: DOOM the Movie  (Read 7473 times)

Offline Anubis31

• Administrator
  • Exclesior Staff/Design
    • Excelsior Entertainment
DOOM the Movie
« on: October 22, 2005, 05:48:30 AM »
Hey all,

Saw Doom last evening. I must say it was a pleasent suprise. I really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun.

Not a bad story, Very much like doom 3. The bit that has the fps sceen was just awsome. I was like playing doom on well. a giant movie screen.

Anyone else see it?

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
Re: DOOM the Movie
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 07:06:37 AM »
Doom the movie was almost the exact experience of Doom 3 (the game)

The first two thirds were kinda boring with occasional moments of brilliance (the Carmack thing in particular)

Then the last act really made the whole trip worthwhile.  The game had the Delta Labs section where the ation and mood intensified and the Movie had the perspective switch that had everyone in the audience cheering.

It was deffinatly a good time.

(and props to the chain gunner guy that went toe to toe with a Hell Knight)

=PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 02:23:44 PM »
Something tells me I need to go see it to come up with some scenario ideas and then send Morph a ticket so he can create some of his excellent scenery to bring it to life in 3D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 06:15:17 PM »
I wouldn't look for scenario ideas there.

And Space HUlk already has the terrain covered.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Timthetekron

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 09:27:53 PM »
...just saw DOOM with my nephew and his girlfriend and we all really enjoyed it. // Alot of MUTANT CHRONICLE themes in there: the megacorporation; Dark Legion stuff like how humans mutate into various monstrosities and retain knowledge of their former human selves; swap the flashlight for an integral grenade launcher on the hardware the marines were carrying and you have what looked alot like a CAR-24; and with a title like DOOM they easily could have been Doomtroopers in a Dark Legion citadel doing what they do best. I loved the scenes where they were mowing down the "infected" innocent lab workers...(very undead legionnaire like!). // M.C. flights of fancy aside, I gotta say, for what it was - (a movie based on a video game), not only was it a pleasant surprise, but a very cool movie. Check it out if you can!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 09:30:07 PM by Timthetekron »

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 12:19:22 PM »
I wouldn't look for scenario ideas there.

And Space HUlk already has the terrain covered.

-PFC joe

Life is an ongoing scenario and you take vinettes where you find them. Just from the preveiws I'm inspired to dust off one I had partly done based on a piece of terrain Morph gave me a few years ago. Hell even Alien vs Predator gave me an idea or two.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 01:29:26 PM »
Actually the Temple from AVP makes a great Mujiwaje, Muwah, the crazy Dark Apostle Citadel with all it's shifting terrain.  Think of rules for that where ever turn to roll to see what happens to each corridor.

Doom, AVP I can see scenarios.

Steel Magnolias or Terms of Endearment, not so much.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!