Author Topic: Rattlehead Games update (re: Cyclops Forge stuff)  (Read 9891 times)

Offline Alxbates

Rattlehead Games update (re: Cyclops Forge stuff)
« on: May 22, 2007, 09:48:30 PM »
I had a brief email exchange with Brandon at Rattlehead the other day... he basically said that he plans to get the Cyclpos Forge stuff in stock, but he's fallen a bit behind at work lately.  He will be getting Cyclops Forge figures in "soon", but not immediately.

My reccomendation?

Send him an email at:

suggestions@rattleheadgames.com , with "Suggestion - Cyclops Forge" as the
 subject line.  Just tell him that you're a Chronopia fan and that you're interested in buying the CF stuff as soon as it's available.  If you want to give him a list of the specific figures you want, that might not be a bad idea either, it'll give him an idea of how much stock to order.

And be nice!  Brandon's a good guy, he just seems a bit swamped right now.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Rattlehead Games update (re: Cyclops Forge stuff)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 05:48:47 AM »
Brandon is a nice guy; I've had good experience with Rattlehead.  I'll shoot him an email, but it would be nice to see more than ten releases from Francesco first.  Those Jackal Clan Crossbowmen should be in the first shipment!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 03:25:03 PM »
Joshua makes a good point.  If we wait until there are just a couple more releases from Cyclops Forge, then Brandon will be able to buy in a larger bulk shipment (lowering his initial investment a smidgen), making the CF stuff more attractive to him as a stockist. 

I'll only be buying one of each of the CF Chronoproxia figures, and that's not enough business to be worth his while...

... now, if ten or twelve of us buy one of each Chronoproxia figure, then Rattlehead's got some worthwhile business!

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 04:43:08 PM »
and (-> no insult, just imho!) they could also work on their sculpts...

as a chronopia "inofficial" proxy they draw some attention, of course.

But exept the monster-riders and perhaps the 3-arm-oger many figures so far are substandart...

(sorry! but the reavers or the big robot are...not good enough..(edit: yeah, you are right..))

there is potential in some figures, esp the monster riders, but this is both

is medicore and ~ typical..

the monks

are ok+ but seriously, if you donīt know they are mishima monks, would you want them??
(granted, they have breasts and the kneeling pose is nice, but the others arenīt nicely posed..)

-> i hope they can rise their quality very soon or they will not sell 1000th but dozens...

also the evil elves... not too bad, but compared with other products--

cuīs

p.s. i like cyclops forge! (edit: <- their aproach and their enthusiasm. not so much their products)
but they are still too much amateur.. we will see, they have (mostly) potential, i think
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:15:14 AM by Aldrien »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 05:05:24 AM »
Aldrien -

It is your right to not like figs and also your right to post your observations but you sure seem to have a flair for coming across as insulting. The vomiting icon was uncalled for and your statement at the end that you like Cyclops Forge is hypocritical given that you spend the majority of your post dumping on them. We have a company that is attempting to fill the gaps left by the demise of Excelsior. I'm not saying that we have to like everything they do but let's at least be civil and constructive in our criticism.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 07:42:30 AM »
I've bought the Deathseekers and the Dark Elves from Francesco because:
1. I'm a miniatures whore, and had to have them for my Blackblood opponents and friends.
2. Francesco is a member of our community and I'd like to support him.

However, I won't go out and say these are as professional as what's out there, yet.  He still has a long way to go.  I don't think the community will suffer for having these sculpts available, and I hope that Francesco continues improving and offering us alternatives.   I see Aldrien's point, and understand he was just expressing his opinion, but I think more constructive criticism will help all of us out.  I know Francesco appreciates our business and input.

May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 09:17:36 AM »
I, too, am a miniatures whore.

I don't think the Chronoproxia stuff is quite up to Kev White's standards, but he's one of the top sculptors in the world, and the CF stuff isn't terrible.  The quality is improving with each release.

They're also a better fit for the gaps in the Chronopia lines better than anything else out there on the market, so I want them!

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 12:00:04 PM »
My reccomendation?

Send him an email at:

suggestions@rattleheadgames.com , with "Suggestion - Cyclops Forge" as the
 subject line.

Thanks for the support :)

(sorry! but the reavers or the big robot are...not good enough..(edit: yeah, you are right..))

No problem if you don't like, I accept any suggestion, only, can you be much more precise in your critics? you don't give me any aid if vomit or other thingh like that (if your comments want to be constructive  ::) ).  I don't see the first immage you post, what is?
So, I can say, our start is good in my opinion. I'm not  optimist, but realistic. We are new in this field... I'm aware, this is not a justification, but IMHO, I think our first release is decent, and somethingh are better than other. If you compare us to other, asserted company, we cannot win the comparasion. We must grow, it is sure.
I think any of you want (and deserves) the better miniatures, and not only becose this or this other minaitre is similar to you favorite artwork/gamestatistic/background, I'm sure about this, but we doing what we doing only becose are fanatic about a scifi and fantasy type style/game/background. So, be patient, and help us to improve our catalogue. Repeat, we accept any costructive critics, don't hesitated
Our next release, is better, you will see and youcan say if I'm a lier or not :) Give us the time to growup.

So Topkick, Alxbates and Joshua, thanks for your support and faith in our work.
we are sure, we will have the pleasure to astonish you  ;)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 02:43:50 PM »
ok,

the reavers posing/anatomy and body measure relations seem to be wrong.

the bigger robot.. well, big, unballanced and very small guns..

-> i think most figs are just too static and lack anatomy

--> i really hope you get more practice and will produce "better" figs in the future!!
(from the monster riders: i belive it will be possible..)

cuīs

p.s.
I don't see the first immage you post
really, donīt mind.. it was a unapropriate visual comment..
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 12:03:13 PM »
What is the reavers? Do you refer to Elite landstard trooper? The anatomy look right (I have minatirue in my hands), not perferct, I must admit (like GW spacemarine), but miniature look right.

Bigger robot is Guardroid? The guns are bigger, too bigger: gatling is half of the total model size, and other, an heavy flamethrover is right in guardroid hands (but he don't has hand...). Guardroid haven't any pilot or driver, so, his size and anatomy is not human.
If you don't like, don't like, I don't want convice you at any cost. Everyone has his personal taste and I respect your idea.

This is our first products, not perferct, but I thingh nice (IMHO).

if you looking our last greens, they are surely better. Next week you can see other new minaitures (imo better)

Offline Coki

• Chronopia World
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 12:43:19 PM »
Next week you can see other new minaitures (imo better)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
More, more, more Francesco ;)

Coki

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 01:10:20 PM »
More, more, more Francesco

Coki

More? Don't understand. do you refer about my slowness? :)

If you take a look in solo per gioco site or syclopes forge forum you can see a new green (only to hold you calm  until will not be painted  new miniatures ;)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 02:04:53 PM »
 Francesco is doing a fine job with his sculpts and as has been said he is no Kev White but who is.If Francesco stays in the business as long as Kev who know,s.Kev had bad press before and look what he is doing now.
 Like Alex and Joshua said give him a chance and you will see he is improving with every sculpt.Their are no other company,s that have or will try this range and IMHO Francesco is doing a fine job.True the sculpts are not upto some other sculptors standards YET but give it time and support.
 I for one like what he is doing and have had one order so far and look forward to my second order.
 If any one out thier can and will start doing Chronopia + Warzone miniatures I will buy them and hope to encourage them for thier efforts.

Some people like to rant,they have the right to as it is thier cash they are spending,but I say if you can do better show us and start your own line and see what happens.

Sorry if this comes across as biased but I like these miniatures,Francesco has been very helpfull with any and all of my emails and PM,s.

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 02:23:14 PM »
Hello.

When I can I will pick up some mini's from rattlehead when they carry them. Francesco and Cyclops Forge can only improve if they get our support. I look at some of the sculpts for Chronopia and Warzone from the early days and they are bad to say the least. The early keepers of the flame sisters for helios are butt ugly in MHO. So as he works and gains skills his sculpts will get better.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Coki

• Chronopia World
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 02:56:33 PM »
More, more, more Francesco

Coki

More? Don't understand. do you refer about my slowness? :)

If you take a look in solo per gioco site or syclopes forge forum you can see a new green (only to hold you calm  until will not be painted  new miniatures ;)

More pictures, more infos, more figures, more, more, more ;)
I found the green in your message board. I'm very tight about the pictures from the painted lotus garde

greetings,

Coki