Author Topic: Demnogonis Force  (Read 17580 times)

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
Re: Demnogonis Force
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 08:09:42 AM »
That is a pretty good breakdown Aldrien.  ;)  You are correct in the flaws that you have pointed out.  In the big game I played in, they were backed up by horde (I couldn't field 5000 of straight Demno).  In the scenarios that I used them in, the scenario conditions were designed to minimize Demno's weaknesses, take advantage of thier strengths, and introduce an army that most people are not familiar with, in order to make a challenging & fun game where everyone had a good time! 

Makes alot of sense... Demno has some weak points but they can be mitigated

I have got to agree, I'm not sure how well they would do in a straight up battle without adding some horde.  But, I'm willing to try and find out.

Well... we can give it a shot at Origins.  1k sound good or you want a little bigger?
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 08:57:11 AM »
In general they are tough, very tough.  The shambling horde ability IMHO is a waste.  Between the penalty and the aready low RC stat, you don't hit anything.
   :o
  I loved Shambling horde. The ablitity to close in (ok very slowly) and shot was awsome (wish my horde list had shambling zombies). Granted your not going to win any marksmanship contests but the trick with that is numbers, a volume of fire has accuracy of its own. This one of the few squads I come close to maxing out (I take around 10 zombies) and take a bunch of squads..hell their cheap.
necrorganic is neat.
  many games I watch the zombie horde shamble on, leading the charge...uh um... a slow charge. brings me to tears it does :P

I tend to use plenty of Kadavers.  With their necro-organic resistance and two wounds, they are hard to take down.  Run a curator with them and they are a nightmare!

I never used this guys...hmm you got me thinking.

Of course Blight Commandos are the backbone to any good Demno list.  With multiple pieces having the ability to create blessed legionaires from their fallen foes, there have been a few games where I ended with more pieces than I started.
Oh yes. Blights are a hardcore unit..pulled me out of a jam against Mishima one game (damn ninjas). I would use them again.

I will also add:
The Voice of Demnogonis gotta be one of the funnest units I played with (always took at least one) and boy did people started hating the voice...their SA is plain sweet.
        Voice: "private jones your mother never loved you"
        private jones: "OMG your right "..BAM!!!! as a one Private Jones shots himself in the head ;D
my dream was to voice Vulkan suits one day

Denogonis Colosses was neat too. having to make a ATS roll just being next to him.
Also Denogonis had a few neat spells.

The army itself was good against Mortal armys and disadvantage against say for ex: cybertronic A.I. army 
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 10:57:42 AM »
i donīt really understand shambing horde i must admit..

if AR are in range, i just shoot.

if not, i move qickly into position, best with 2 A left (e.g. corner)
then stand and shoot.

-> the shambling only helps to move in range, or change rangeband.
on the one action that moves you into range you get a shot then (-2)

i see no real other reason to use shambing. a screen needs to move faster than 4.5 and support could just shoot (after in range/position)

also:
if you normaly want to go more close, you loose an MV A (+1shot A).
but then again, for the same 2A (and same mv) the zomie shots 2 times at -2 (->5)

but, yes, shambing, shrugging of bullets (at A19.. ::)) desease zobies are cool..

@
Kadavers.  ...  Run a curator with them and they are a nightmare!
??? the skill is <4 .. and at 36 P a S 8 RC 7 plague gun..

-> i think, and we play it like that, that medic is a roll = skill, not below.. (still to weak to consider medics..)

cuīs
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 11:14:06 AM »
shambling zombies are like really really cheap vehicles with bad aim..they get to move and shoot. I find this to be a big thing as game engine demands we get the most out of our units actions.
example in the game agains philly I was able to shamble my units forward ( even killing few of his guys along the way) into cover where they stayed in Med range.  I'm not saying Shambling is the best thing ever but it is neat seeing the look in the guy's face as the zombie horde moves every closer shooting all the way. 8) 
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 12:28:54 PM »
shambling zombies are like really really cheap vehicles with bad aim..they get to move and shoot. 

the optimistic view point:

they are really RC 5, but get +2 for not moving (~vehicles) ;)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 01:48:39 PM »
@ Archer

I know the guy involved and I knew the wife...believe me,  the wife interference shut that game down...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 05:39:05 PM »
A quick smile played across the visage of Sardonicus

It is so easy he thought. An insignficant loss unrelated to the Master, a seemingly innocent question from an unconnected source, a subtle push and presto the enemy is distracted.

Sardonicus reached for the phone, "Mr. Edenson". Silence emanated from the phone but this didn't worry Sardonicus. He knew that Mr. Edenson was listening and that the following orders would be executed flawlessly. "Mr. Edenson I need for you to gather all the information available on one of our foes -- the 99th Striker Group. In addition please gather all information on their commander. Currently his only known designation is his codename -- Archer. I will need this information in the next 34 days. Thank you Mr. Edenson" Silence followed by a click was the only response from the receiver.

Sardonicus smiled. Based on his own observations and those of Mr. Edenson, it was inevitable that Mr. Archer and the 99th were less than 40 days from an event known in military circles as a Broken Arrow.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 06:17:31 PM »
it was inevitable that Mr. Archer and the 99th were less than 40 days from an event known in military circles as a Broken Arrow.

must be a party get together in Oklahoma...

B...

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 06:59:14 PM »
  Archer looked to Senior Commander Astartes.  "Be wary of those you face, Astartes.  THey shall seek to destroy you and make a mockery of all that is potent of our Corporation and its might."

"I shall be wary, Overseer,"  Was the reply.  "The Heretics shall meet the same fate as the one Commander Bruno faced during Operation Talamania... and the losses shall be the same percentage or less."

A smile.  "Astartes, I expect nothing less and have complete confidence in your abilities but do not underestimate them.  Even the most unskilled leader experiences a measure of success one time in a hundred... Do not be that one.  See to it that any losses are recovered and returned to  Section Seven."

A nod.  "As you direct..."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 07:02:36 PM by Archer »
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 07:02:30 PM »
Karma for now my formidable opponent -- the next Episode will premier soon.  :D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 07:06:49 PM »
Karma for now my formidable opponent -- the next Episode will premier soon.  :D

Oh I bet.... and I will be ready for you. :)

1k Fight or larger?  If much larger, I'll be proxying some figs.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 07:32:49 PM »
1K works for me.  The more figs we put on the table the longer the game will last.  Especially since I didn't make Talamania I'd like to time to meet and mingle.  Besides, 1K is large enough to comfortably bring some neat units.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 04:50:58 AM »
1K works for me.  The more figs we put on the table the longer the game will last.  Especially since I didn't make Talamania I'd like to time to meet and mingle.  Besides, 1K is large enough to comfortably bring some neat units.

Done and done.  1k it is.

I do use mortals in my Cyber list- just not many.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 11:34:45 AM »

well, what's the fun in that?...

B...

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 11:52:54 AM »

well, what's the fun in that?...

B...

They detract from the Theme. :)

John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."