Author Topic: Demnogonis Force  (Read 17591 times)

Iron Panda

Demnogonis Force
« on: May 22, 2007, 10:04:39 AM »
Does anyone has any experiences with using a Demno force?  I'm really curious about  their pros and cons and overall performance.

thanks
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:12:02 AM by Iron Panda »

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: Demnogonis Force
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 10:23:57 AM »
Didnt Masher field on? Im pretty sure he did. I faced it. The Shambling horde can be nasty with the blessed legion. The cairath is nsty too. The only thing that stopped him from beating me was rockets. Bring a Mortis and a voice of Demno and you can field a nasty force.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 03:46:02 PM »
Yes,  Demnogognis is my favorite DL force.  I have used Demno on many occassions including as the center piece for an Origins scenario last year, as well as my army in a 10,000 pt (that's right I didn' studder 5,000 per side) game that took place over many days last winter.

In general they are tough, very tough.  The shambling horde ability IMHO is a waste.  Between the penalty and the aready low RC stat, you don't hit anything.  You might as well just move into better position and shoot next round.  I tend to use plenty of Kadavers.  With their necro-organic resistance and two wounds, they are hard to take down.  Run a curator with them and they are a nightmare!  Of course Blight Commandos are the backbone to any good Demno list.  With multiple pieces having the ability to create blessed legionaires from their fallen foes, there have been a few games where I ended with more pieces than I started.

If you have any specific questions please shoot them my way!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 04:08:03 PM »
it wasn't last winter...it was the winter before when you still lived here on the NorthCoast...

not owning, but having gone against Stalker's Demno force, I can attest to the fact that they are a nightmare to go against...Cadavers are worth every point, and having a Curator just boosts them up that extra bit to make any opponent want to embed them into the wall (concrete, sheetrock, they can frustrate you enough that it doesn't matter)...

Blight Commandos just make most units unhappy, especially when (not if) they have a Tainter with them...their Nepharites are foul things to go against...

on top of that, they smell bad...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 05:54:30 PM »
it wasn't last winter...it was the winter before when you still lived here on the NorthCoast...

not owning, but having gone against Stalker's Demno force, I can attest to the fact that they are a nightmare to go against...Cadavers are worth every point, and having a Curator just boosts them up that extra bit to make any opponent want to embed them into the wall (concrete, sheetrock, they can frustrate you enough that it doesn't matter)...

Blight Commandos just make most units unhappy, especially when (not if) they have a Tainter with them...their Nepharites are foul things to go against...

on top of that, they smell bad...

B...

Meh.

I am unafraid. :)

And I agree- they do smell bad.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »
In general they are tough, very tough.  The shambling horde ability IMHO is a waste.  Between the penalty and the aready low RC stat, you don't hit anything.  You might as well just move into better position and shoot next round.  I tend to use plenty of Kadavers.  With their necro-organic resistance and two wounds, they are hard to take down.  Run a curator with them and they are a nightmare!  Of course Blight Commandos are the backbone to any good Demno list.  With multiple pieces having the ability to create blessed legionaires from their fallen foes, there have been a few games where I ended with more pieces than I started.

Meh. I am unafraid. :)

Is this a challenge? Will it be "The Machine" vs "The Rotted Spleen" at Origins? INquiring minds want to know.  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 01:40:49 PM »
Is this a challenge? Will it be "The Machine" vs "The Rotted Spleen" at Origins? INquiring minds want to know.  ;D

so long as no one asks someone else to pull their finger...

B...

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 03:25:15 PM »
Meh. I am unafraid. :)

Heh...  trying to stir the Cut-down Latrine Drum, Hal?  If so.... you better use more mo-gas.  Stalker don't want any of these microchips.... and I got plenty.  ;D  Besides... he's gotta stand in line- I've got whatever you are fielding to face first.

Unless you wann forgo your turn... and place your bets on some smelly walking piles of goo and rotten flesh?  Hmmmmmm?  :D :D
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 03:59:23 PM »
and the smack talking commences...

B...

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 06:38:59 PM »
and the smack talking commences...

B...

You are surprised how? ;) ;D ;)
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 07:02:08 PM »
suprised?...the only thing I'm suprised about is how long these things have taken...it must be because Origins is so close now...

guess I need to get into this smack-talking fiesta...

B...

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:01:54 PM »
I expect that I will have a Demno list handy if anybody would like to experience death by disease.   ;D  I went up against Cyber in the !0,000 point game.  I must say that Cyber is the bane of Demno as their lack of humanity makes them resistant to the putrid stench and pestilence.  Also, only mortal models can be turned into blessed legionairres not AI. They take away Demno's edge and I have to fall back on the toughness of the troops.  I could tell you other ways about how to carve up a Demno army but that would take the fun out of your learning curve.  Regardless I was victorious (or so we determined when it was called by wife interference) in putting Cyber's metal to good use by recycling all the little robots into a new pike for Shrekral.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:54:29 PM »
I could tell you other ways about how to carve up a Demno army but that would take the fun out of your learning curve.
get some MV 5 MHMG vehicles and just crush them.. 

the demno guys run at a hard point bargain.. all are rel. expensive + hard.
but they do not really dish out..:

all chars: just CC (no sec attack, CC~9-10-11) or a pistol or a 1/turn FT+
-> not very hot because MV3

the cadavers run at 21 P with 2LP, but: pistol, A18, RC7...

the last rites man are funny with all they kill turning..
-> 1 W, so so CC, A 17 at 21 P relativates it..

the blight commandos at 32 P with 2 WD + CR 9 + MV 4 !
-> not bad but a minimum 4+1+1 squad runs at 209 P.. and thats just (good AR and a 1/1 FT)
-> best so far but not too hot, also

the cairath with MV 2.. hmm?
OK 4*eruption :)  then again A18 (3W) and PC46
-> he can give it, but with A18 he will go down fast
-> on a dense board where he can linger behind a corner and placing 2-3 templates, he should  be awsome.
(then again, an AM RL costs 50 P..., or 1 attila 43 P)
-> pritty sweet, but somewhat limitating at MV2*4 and not too good price-value rate..

with support, the ill colossus seems very sweet with ATS attack.
but with CC8 (vs.12 from regular) imho, i also does not cut it..

=> i donīt see such a strong demnogonis army.. !?

ok, they are tough, but their AV is low and PC is high. RC is very weak and CC not better than any other DL army..

the Chars 1/1 FL only raises 1-5, the ritesman need be in CC and are only medium there..

==> i would love to try your army!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 07:14:34 AM by Aldrien »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 05:44:21 AM »

the demno guys run at a hard point bargain.. all are rel. expensive + hard.
but they do not really dish out..:

snip evaluation

=> i donīt see such a strong demnogonis army.. !?

ok, they are tough, but their AV is low and PC is high. RC is very weak and CC not better than any other DL army..

the Chars 1/1 FL only raises 1-5, the ritesman need be in CC and are only medium there..

==> i would love to try your army!  ;D

Aldrien...  thanks for the breakdown; you saved me looking at their entries. :) :)

As for his words...

Regardless I was victorious (or so we determined when it was called by wife interference) in putting Cyber's metal to good use by recycling all the little robots into a new pike for Shrekral.

Ha!  A win due to wife interfereance, while a win, is not an accurate gauge of the battle's ultimate outcome.

Rest assured... the 99th Striker Group is more than ready to deal with the likes of you and thy pestulent foul presence.  The fearless members of the Cybertronic Interdiction Teams shall remove you from menacing anymore citizens.

Also note we shall be reclaiming any Cybertronic property you may have stolen from other Striker Groups for recycling/re-use on the Frontier.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Tradition."

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 07:58:06 AM »
That is a pretty good breakdown Aldrien.  ;)  You are correct in the flaws that you have pointed out.  In the big game I played in, they were backed up by horde (I couldn't field 5000 of straight Demno).  In the scenarios that I used them in, the scenario conditions were designed to minimize Demno's weaknesses, take advantage of thier strengths, and introduce an army that most people are not familiar with, in order to make a challenging & fun game where everyone had a good time! 

I have got to agree, I'm not sure how well they would do in a straight up battle without adding some horde.  But, I'm willing to try and find out.