Author Topic: Talamania II--Electric Boogaloo  (Read 81139 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Talamania II--Electric Boogaloo
« on: May 22, 2007, 06:24:33 AM »
Well, the first one's over and I'm back at the office after crashing out all of Monday.  Apparently the stress of the event was too much for this spyder monkey, and I needed to crash in isolation.  I've returned to the office and the computer today to read the thanks and accolades from everyone and return them.  Kings to you all.

I want to thank Bryon, Jeff, Dave McGee and Phil Sperry for pulling off this event.  Unbelievable effort. 

Everyone who travelled and played and made this event great, well, that's what you did.  I'm so happy to have met the Illinois Boys, Wedge and Coil.  Kevin, John, and Hans too.

Enough of this sentimental stuff.  I found myself watching the event, seeing everyone enjoy themselves, and thinking: What can I do to make next year's even better? 

First, I'm going to get some Warzone models and learn the game so I'm not left out.  You guys are having all the fun, and I'm going to participate.  Gasp!!  Chronopia boy is going to learn Warzone??!?!?!?

As for next year's event, if McGee and Mare are still in the same space and willing, I think it's the best spot.  I know some would prefer a conference room, but is Thom going to able to smoke cigars there??  Let's kick around some ideas for what people want to see.

For boards, Tim Lewicki is making a huge subterranean board.  Thom should have the EE boards by the next one, and between the rest of us, a whole slew of different boards for gaming.  I'm going to consult Thom and Bryon about better objectives and environments.  I think we did well for the first one, but the wheels are turning and I was thinking about this on the drive home from the first one. 

Onward and upward.

Boogaloo--great, just great!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Talamania II--Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »
Josh great job again to you and all envolved. For next year lets check all options because remember not everyone smokes and at a hotel you can always walk outside to do so. I for one will go where ever it is held.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Iron Panda

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »
Boogaloo--great, just great!

I can almost hear old school rap tunes. :D

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 09:10:12 AM »
Good point Phil; I suppose I'm biased as I'm a smoker.  :'(    I don't want to monopolize the organizing by any means, as the community pulled together and made it happen.  Let's use this thread to generate ideas over the next year.  Resurrect it accordingly.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:57:03 AM »

I for one think that if its free why change it. It costs to get here and if we can get a free space that can hold everyone why pay extra money.

Being a smoker I dont like being told that "I" have to walk outside. Last I heard smoking was legal. And I think the smokers < cigar and cigarette> outnumbered the non-smokers.  Besides Id have to pay for the conference room AND be made to walk outside? When a free space that we can smoke in is available?

IMO if Dave doesnt mind and the space is available we should make use of it.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:13:17 AM »
That's my take on it too, but it doesn't hurt to weigh all of our options.  I'm pretty sure Dave and Mare would have us back, but I don't want to take them for granted. 

The free space and free crash space is pretty hard to compete with. 

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 12:16:07 PM »
I am of the other mind on the smoking topic.  If it is here, I see no problem making one room smoking and one non-smoking.  Further, there are several areas outdoors to relax and smoke, and the front porch that is my workshop could easily be made a smoking lounge for upstairs use.

I would not want anyone to not attend due to smoking - I am a smoker, but respect the rights of others, and feel that we, all, should.  Further, we (Mare and I) apologize to any who may have had a problem with the amount of smoke.  I forget my manners, sometimes, and don't think to ask.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:21:19 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »
Always a gentleman Dave.  I'm going to have to learn Warzone to find a way to dislike you, or at least curse your models and dice.

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 01:27:06 PM »
Hello.

Weather allowing a few open windows and well placed fans will do. The only time the smoking became a problem for me was when four cigars were going at the same time in one room. I took myself and my small headache into the next room and pillaged the freebie pile, other than that no real problem.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Daikoku

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 03:40:55 AM »
I *do* have access to a decent sized hall with 8' by 4' tables and plenty of folding chairs.  Not sure on the smoking policy, but last I checked the smoking lamp was lit.  It has a full kitchen with a few microwaves as well and a couple of refrigerators.

Main drawback is it's on the Jersey Shore and a bit of a drive from my house (30ish minutes if y'all would need a crash space) but not too far from Phil if I reckon correctly.  Just an option...no pressure...it's there if it's needed so I put it out there.  If situations change between now and then all I'd need is a couple of weeks to make sure it's available.

I'll be there though wherever 'there' is, just as long as I have enough lead time to set up my time off.  Really wished I hadn't missed this one...I could have used a day of gaming  :-\

Oh and Tom....my GothRatz have informed me they're hungry...better bring some corps, orgz, or something else tasty for them to chew on to the next one.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 03:48:05 AM by Daikoku »
Life is a mountain, death is a feather, duty is all  -  Mishiman Proverb

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 06:12:59 AM »
Daikoku glad to see your still around and look forward to seeing you at Dexcon. ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 08:44:22 PM »
Oh and Tom....my GothRatz have informed me they're hungry...better bring some corps, orgz, or something else tasty for them to chew on to the next one.

Hmmm...could I have finally found an use for my Vengequin investment?!?!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 10:46:26 PM »
Hmmm...

Maybe I can sneak off for a long weekend out East for the Electric Boogaloo.   I have a few figs, and am dying to play some WZ with the Old Guard.

Keep the info coming, and we'll see what the vacation time next year allows.

MadBrad
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 03:33:45 PM »
 I have a few figs

Not sure if I believe this one.   ;)  Maybe a few thousand!
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 09:33:03 AM »
Stickified this chombie too.  We all had such a blast in May that we should keep an eye on the next one, somewhere in May 2008?