Author Topic: The Kampfkanone  (Read 6530 times)

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
The Kampfkanone
« on: October 18, 2005, 04:34:56 PM »
I just got my UW book tday and was suprised to see one of my favourite first edition weapons, the kampfkanone, in the armoury.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anyone that used it.  Did I simply miss them or is that weapon being saved for another unit to come later?

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
Re: The Kampfkanone
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 07:24:59 AM »
There are several weapons, equipment, and various other items listed in the book not currently in use. They are slated for use in future books.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »
it sounds like it's a support weapon for the Bauhaus force...

I don't want to go up against anything like that...

I hate artillery...when I'm on the receiving end that is...

on my side...now that is a different story...<BOOM>...

B
need to find a proxy for the Ryuu...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline FrostWolf

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 05:05:52 PM »
The "Kampfkanone" is not a piece of Artillery. In first Edition, It was a very heavy version of the Panzerknacker, A heavy Assault Rifle. Like a (very light) light Machine Gun. Once, it was the Weapon of the Dragoons (now Wolfhead Dragoons)

Offline LAWwaldo

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 10:01:27 PM »
  That and the Venusian Marshall use to carry one too, which made him a lot better
"Life is tough; it's even tougher when your stupid." - John Wayne

Offline FrostWolf

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 04:06:30 AM »
Yes. The Marshall too. He was my favourite Individual Fighter in Warzone 1st. ed.

Timthetekron

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 09:18:07 PM »
                                 ... to those who may be interested...

...from MUTANT CHRONICLES RPG p.219

AG-17 <<PANZERKNACKER>>
The Panzerknacker's name is derived from it's outstanding armor-piercing capabilities, both with the 34 mm HEAT grenades and with armor- piercing ammunition in its 4.85 mm barrel. Its primary feature is the extreme rate of fire, possible only because of the caesless ammunition mechanism. Folding stock and detachable grenade launcher.

(PANZERKNACKER means "TANKBUSTER" in english).

...from WARZONE "DAWN OF WAR" p.57

DRAGOON KAMPFKANONE

When the need arose for a more powerful weapon than the regular Panzerknacker Assault Rifle, Fieldhausen Arms was approached. Lighter than the standard LMG but considerably more powerful than an AR, the Fieldhausen Kampfkanone quickly became standard issue in most regular dragoon units. Some lighter units, like recon squads, still stick to the old Panzerknacker, though. The Kampfkanone may only be used by Dragoons, unless otherwise stated.

(KAMPFKANONE means something like "BATTLE CANNON" in english)
 KAMPF= FIGHT,COMBAT,BATTLE
   and
 KANONE=  BIG GUN,CANNON

Time has Come!

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 04:52:33 AM »
There are several weapons, equipment, and various other items listed in the book not currently in use. They are slated for use in future books.

I am quite sure that it has been some editorial mistake but now it has to be left as it is I presume. Assault Marines have their special weapon and difference between it and standart AR of Capitol is the same as difference between Panzerknacker and Kampfkannone. Wolfheads should have their weapon. They are in the same profile as Assaults (both in game-elite as in fluff-shock troops). But they dont have their destined weapon. Eh...  ::) they even carry it in their hands (models).
To explain it later in future books will be tough dialectic. ( I guess somebody will make some special Order of the Wolf or so...)

I am sorry it made me sad when I found Kampfkannone in book. If it wont be there my complaint would be futile.

best regards
Time has Come!