Author Topic: Construct Void Gate and Void Travel questions  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Toshiro

• Journeyman
    • Czech Warzone
Construct Void Gate and Void Travel questions
« on: May 01, 2007, 10:48:43 PM »
Hi rules are very unclear about these and nothing in FAQ.

So we created complete rules about this two problems (Czech republic - based mostly on polish FAQ)
I want to know what you think about it, if it is acceptable, or against rules in some points

Construct Void Gate (ilian magic)
- Cost 2 actions. Successful channeling creates two gatess and activates them (gates are represented by round counters 40mm wide)
- First gate must be in base to base contact witch channeler (can be in contact with other friendly models)
- Second gate can be at maximum 14“ from the first one (rules for movement applied for the distance) and it cannot be within building or less than 6” prom enemy model, it doesn’t have to be in LOS
- Model which is in base contact with one of the gates can move to the other gate as one action (appears in base to base contact with second gate)
- If channeler doesn’t have contact with one of the gates, gates deactivate
- Gates doesn’t block LOS and models can step on them
- Through gate can travel only members of squad or models who have been given orders (all remaining actions in the round channeler spends to keep the gates open (he have to have at least one action before giving orders); models in the squad (or ones given orders) can go to base contact with the one gate and as one action teleport to other one. After the squad movement, channeler can teleport too (no actions required), or stay where he is)
- Mortal models (including models in vehicles) must make LD check if they use gates, if unsuccessful they loose next action
- Gates can be activated as one action without LD test by the channelr who has Construct Void Gate magic, who is in contact with one of the gates
- AR of the gate is 25 (-4 vs. radiant), and have 4 WD; if one gate is destroyed both are

Example:
Void Gate cost  2 actions and follows :
a) Nefarit teleports just himself (he is in the contact with second gate  and he spend 3 AC)
b) Nefaritis member of the squad and the squad uses the gates ( nefarit spend all 4 his actions and teleports as last one or stay where he is)
c) Nefarit gives orders to one squad which goes through the gates (nefarit spend all 4 actions  ) and teleports as last one or stay where he is)

Void Travel (special ability)
- Model creates as 3 actions two gates exactly as describer in Construct Void Gate magic (he doesn’t have to make PW check)
- Model can teleport to second gate or can stay where he is, after all other squad members activated
- After the end of activation both gates dissapears

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: Construct Void Gate and Void Travel questions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 02:57:04 AM »
the ony thing in your void gate post I bring up is the fact about, if it blocks LOS or not.
When me a Phill played we called it that it does due to the fact it has a AR rating (meaning it was a physical thing).....wonder what the FAQ think.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 04:34:39 PM »
Hi rules are very unclear about these and nothing in FAQ.

So we created complete rules about this two problems (Czech republic - based mostly on polish FAQ)
I want to know what you think about it, if it is acceptable, or against rules in some points

Construct Void Gate (ilian magic)
- Cost 2 actions. Successful channeling creates two gatess and activates them (gates are represented by round counters 40mm wide)

1 AC to creating the portal*(AR 25, WD 4, vulnerable to radiant attacks -4) within base contact of the model.  No AC to target a spot within 14" of the first gate, but not within 6" of an enemy model, nor within an enclosed space.  1 AC to step through the gate, and appear in base to base contact with the second gate.  Total - 2 AC's

* - p. 486 A free-standing edifice (structure) - therefore, it does block line of sight, in my opinion.

- First gate must be in base to base contact witch channeler (can be in contact with other friendly models)

Correct.

- Second gate can be at maximum 14“ from the first one (rules for movement applied for the distance) and it cannot be within building or less than 6” prom enemy model, it doesn’t have to be in LOS.

By "...(rules for movement applied for the distance)...", I am not sure what you mean.  As I understand "14" away," it means that the second portal cannot be more than 14" away, measured base to base.

- Model which is in base contact with one of the gates can move to the other gate as one action (appears in base to base contact with second gate)

Correct.

- If channeler doesn’t have contact with one of the gates, gates deactivate

Correct.  However, the edifice remains, and the gate my be reactivated if the Channeler moves into base contact with it, for the cost of 1 AC to reactivate the gate.

- Gates doesn’t block LOS and models can step on them

The gate is an "edifice," and as such, would block LOS in my opinion.

- Through gate can travel only members of squad or models who have been given orders (all remaining actions in the round channeler spends to keep the gates open (he have to have at least one action before giving orders); models in the squad (or ones given orders) can go to base contact with the one gate and as one action teleport to other one. After the squad movement, channeler can teleport too (no actions required), or stay where he is)

Correct.

- Mortal models (including models in vehicles) must make LD check if they use gates, if unsuccessful they loose next action

Correct.  They lose one of their remaining AC's.  Therefore, a model that moves through on it's last AC does not lose any AC's, as this would not carry over to the next activation.

- Gates can be activated as one action without LD test by the channelr who has Construct Void Gate magic, who is in contact with one of the gates.

Correct.  As I read the rule, only the model that created the gate (the Invoker) may reactivate the gate.

- AR of the gate is 25 (-4 vs. radiant), and have 4 WD; if one gate is destroyed both are [destroyed]

Correct.

Example:
Void Gate cost  2 actions and follows :
a) Nefarit teleports just himself (he is in the contact with second gate  and he spend 3 AC)
b) Nefaritis member of the squad and the squad uses the gates ( nefarit spend all 4 his actions and teleports as last one or stay where he is)
c) Nefarit gives orders to one squad which goes through the gates (nefarit spend all 4 actions  ) and teleports as last one or stay where he is)

Void gate costs two AC's in that it takes one AC to creat the first gate, and an AC for the Invoker to step through.
The Nepharite would create the gate with its first AC, Give Orders to another squad with its second AC, and step through the gate  on it's third AC or use it to hold the gate open, and use any remaining AC's holding the gate open or step through the gate.

Void Travel (special ability)
- Model creates as 3 actions two gates exactly as describer in Construct Void Gate magic (he doesn’t have to make PW check)
- Model can teleport to second gate or can stay where he is, after all other squad members activated
- After the end of activation both gates dissapears

I see, nowhere, that it takes three AC's to creat the gate.  I see that a model that has Void Travel may open the gate spend an AC to step through.  Whether any AC's are spent holding the gate for others, I do not, at this time, know.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 06:15:02 PM »
Void Travel page 82 cost all 3 actions. Following the last model in his squad to use the gate, he will step though with the gate closing behind him.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 01:46:59 AM »
Void Travel page 82 cost all 3 actions. Following the last model in his squad to use the gate, he will step though with the gate closing behind him.

Thanks, Phil.  I was looking at Void Gate, also on p. 82.  I appreciate the back up.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!