Author Topic: 1000 P Illian, Swarming, CC, monotone  (Read 13011 times)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: 1000 P Illian, Swarming, CC, monotone
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 07:38:57 AM »
ok, i ment void bringer when i wrote FT..

the book says ai3, necrorganic, vehicles are not effected. P.141
-> summond and necrobiotic (children) ARE affected..

in the army list-pdf´s it also says no effect to necrobiotic. in this case: children no, but templars still yes!
-> is there a correction of VB to not affect necrobiotics?

if they are not affected, however, then that IS a nice combo, "FT"+children...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:21:46 AM by Aldrien »
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 01:29:28 AM »
any input?
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 10:51:21 AM »
I'd suggest lots of inch high or so terrain, like hedgerows.  These will fully cover your Children, and allow the shooters to stil do their thing.

(if you have to opportunity to design the board)
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 03:21:29 PM »
Rules for setting up terrain are pretty detailed - you and your opponent take turns placing terrain, and when it is all on the board, you roll to choose which side upon which you wish to deploy.

Obviously, some of don't use those rules, but they are there.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 05:04:21 PM »

in the army list-pdf´s it also says no effect to necrobiotic. in this case: children no, but templars still yes!

if they are not affected, however, then that IS a nice combo, "FT"+children...

what is correct?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 12:27:06 PM »
Army Builder should never be relied upon o be a final arbiter of any ruling.

That said:

Quote from: Aldrien link=topic=2550.msg21449#msg21449 date=
@secondary attack: so i can define 1. and 2. attack but not use 2. attack first. the penalty is given the second executed attack, no matter how things are "defined"??

--> the rule say a player defines prim and sec weapon. the penalty is applied to the secondary weapon.
there is no mention of a penalty applied to the second executed attack! (P. 79)

I fail to see how this changes what I said about the order of the attacks.  Am I missing something?

Quote from: Aldrien link=topic=2550.msg21449#msg21449 date=
+ -> can sweep be used to subdue enemies/friends? it just say "if score a wound ... may forgo wound to subdue"

I believe that sweep may be used to subdue, as you are scoring a WD, but foregoing it in order to subdue.

Quote from: Dragon62 link=topic=2550.msg21451#msg21451 date=
Templars and Wheeled Templars do not have FT'f they have Void Cannons and the Damage is a LD roll minus 4 to all mortal models under templete. It does not affect Templars who are Summoned.

Why would they not be affected?  I see nowhere that the Void Cannon does not effect Summoned.  It does have no effect on Necrorganics.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 01:02:16 PM »
this info is from the rulebook

this is not the army builder!

on mutantpedia they host several files, including the whole army lists as pdf incl. erratas (i don´t know if all...)

this info is from this file.

my question: what is correct? are necrobiotic (children) affected.
templers are, as i wrote..

=> this is critical to the VC+children tactic.. template into CC with no effect/effect at children!

@secondary attack: that was cleared, all right..

-> whatever attack is executed second is the "secondary attack" incl. -4 penalty

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »
I will reprhase; if it isn't in the rules, the FAQ/Errata or the boards (ruled upon by the FAQ Team), then it should never be used to arbitrate a ruling.

Children are necrobiotic, as you stated.  Therefore, they would, indeed, be effected by the Void Cannon, by my reading of the rules.