Author Topic: 225 Blister Lot on E-Bay  (Read 17741 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: 225 Blister Lot on E-Bay
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 04:42:11 PM »
Just wait for it not to sell because it wont. I'll send him an email asking him for a list or to post a list here.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline pinksuezo

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 08:10:39 PM »
Ahhhh....NOOOOOO!   The voices of reason!!!!

Yeah, I am just trying to be optimistic about the possibilities..

Knowing my luck, I'd get a box with 225 blisters of Dr. Diana.   Not that the figure is bad (double entendre....)  But, variety is a good thing..

please  ;D   She doesnt hold a candle to amaterasu.
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis

Offline Jase

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 02:40:19 AM »
Already six bids put on it. I don't know why he just doesn't use a Ebay store - 200+ is a lot of of inventory, not counting the other stuff he's listing.

He may not know about this board - perhaps someone should jet him a note?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Iron Panda

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 04:42:43 AM »
Just wait for it not to sell because it wont. I'll send him an email asking him for a list or to post a list here.

Hopefully, he'll list his goods. 

Here's hoping for more DL stuff.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 02:08:55 PM »
Thought about bidding and picking it up as he lives one state over if I won. Refused to give me a list and claims he didn't inventory it before packing it. Also told me that if I wanted to pick it up I had to use Buy It Now and pay by money order sent by priority mail. I'm gonna pass - too many things about this dude make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. If someone goes for it then good luck.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 02:12:22 PM »
Also told me that if I wanted to pick it up I had to use Buy It Now and pay by money order sent by priority mail.
indeed... pick something up (and make a long trip) but then not give the money when reaching him in person?
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Iron Panda

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 08:26:32 PM »
I'm gonna pass - too many things about this dude make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. If someone goes for it then good luck.

Thanks for checking it up, Topkick.  I'll just let this go.

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 10:54:19 PM »
it endet..

just $104.39 , but + $119.00 shipping.. -> ~ 1$ / blister (!)..

it seems that splitting is really necessary if you want to make a little money.

in german ebay a blister sells between 1,99 E to 4 E normaly. recently the 7 fig boxes (LI,HI,SL, but not wolfbanes) sold for as much as 25-30 E.. (others just ~7-11)

-> 2 E per "good" figure
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 09:33:17 AM »
Hello

The best way to get anyone here  to consider buying is with pictures of the miniatures you have . Sorry but I have bought mini's from ebay and they turned out to be something other than warzone. If you have the goods we will buy, but you will need to put up some pictures first . Work with us and you will get sales .

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 09:42:21 AM »
Hello

The best way to get anyone here to consider buying is with pictures of the miniatures you have . Sorry but I have bought mini's from ebay and they turned out to be something other than warzone. If you have the goods we will buy, but you will need to put up some pictures first . Work with us and you will get sales .

wmeredith

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmen!!!
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Wedge

Re: 225 Blister Lot on E-Bay< MY LOT ON EBAY!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 10:20:31 AM »
THe lot on Ebay is mine and is now moved to my store on Ebay.
The reason I'm making no list is I CAN'T READ THE TITLES!!!
The ink was subpar and is aging.
I'm no player so I don't know what I really have.
I have over 260 packs unopened and eight books.
THere are probably another 40 WARZONE minis in zip bags in with other sci-fi minis I can't identify.
I WOULD LIKE TO SELL EVERYTHING IN ONE LOT FOR AROUND $375.00 + Shipping.
Shadey? It always amuses me when I get questions like that...CHECK THE FEEDBACK GUYS!!!
Anyway there is a good mix of miniatures and  the retail with books is well over $1500.
THe weight with books is over 60 pounds.
If you live near FT.Wayne you can always come peruse the mini packs and check out the other 5,000+ minis I have zipbagged!
MY NAME ON EBAY IS WHITE KNIGHT GAMES...Or EMAIL ME AT ...DRNOUS@AOL.COM
Thanks!
John

The shipping is WAY overpriced.  A priority package from Texas to California or to Maine (both coasts) is only $74.60.  Why in the world you are charging $119 is beyond me.  If you knocked the shipping down to $75 and posted some pictures I know you would get a buyer... likely me!

Jacking up shipping rates is considered shady--no matter how you slice it.  Sorry.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 11:02:40 AM »
drnous,

First of all, thanks for stopping by and telling us a bit more about the miniatures lot.  A very intriquing box of goodies you have there.

If you have a way to post pictures of the mini's on a web page, someone in this group will be able to ID the miniatures by sight, and give you a better idea of exactly what you have.  It is probable that you will almost immediately get offers to buy on particular packs.  10 or so packs per pic would give most of us the detail we need to tell you exactly what you have.

Alternately, you can e-mail me pics, and I will do my best to ID specific figs for ya.   (Others here would be able and willing to help as well)  

I fully understand that I may be suggesting a course of action that you don't have time to deal with.  For what it is worth, I think you could sell a good portion of the lot here and make more than if you just sold the lot in bulk.  

If you choose to give us a chance to ID the figs we want, I hope you can make some money, and folks here will get some figures they've been wanting.  Win/Win good!

MadBrad

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »
drnous -

I asked you about possibly picking up the box if I won the auction and you gave me a bunch of conditions. I am in the process of setting up an ebay store and could have added your stuff to my inventory. However, after all the hoops you set in the way I decided not to bid. As I see it you had the chance to get some if not all the money in hand but blew it.  Your bad not mine.

As for the label of shady - you boxed the figs without inventorying them and when you added the picture it was of a limited variety of the individual blisters. Even if the names and product numbers are blurred and you don't play you could have given a count of the blisters - so many of x, so many of y, etc. I suggest you take one pic of each type of fig and give a count of how many of that blister you have.

I worry whenever someone starts pointing to their feedback. It is a tool to evaluate risk not a testimonial. Using it as a selling point is like using the name "Honest John"....it usually means trouble for the guy walking point.

PS - If you want  to try and figure out what you have I can send you a catalog. I'm an easy going guy and willing to take one for the team - PM me your mailing addy and I'll mail it to you for free.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 07:55:41 PM by Topkick »
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2007, 12:27:48 AM »
its on again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-WARZONE-MINIATURE-LOT-FROM-CLOSED-STORE_W0QQitemZ330115088974QQihZ014QQcategoryZ16490QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now for 400$ buy-at-once, only to USA and still 120$ shipping. oh and the same pic.

-> i am not tempted anymore, but it would have been too sweet to grab such a bag for small money......

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2007, 05:26:38 AM »
Hello

Does not matter to me I would really like to see what he has but I am not paying $400 plus $120 for a mystery box of mini's that may or may not all be warzone . With some effort on his part he could unload all those figs here probably. All he had to do was validate what he had. HE wouldn't even try . I will stick with Maplewood Hobbies and Noble Knight Games they have tons of warzone and are upfront with you.

wmeredith.
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.