Author Topic: RL Bauhaus - Random Pics from Germany  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
RL Bauhaus - Random Pics from Germany
« on: April 26, 2007, 05:17:54 AM »
The other thread was way offtoppic...

here we go with cologne, bonn and hamburg so far..

i will bump the thread if i do any updates..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COLOGNE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The...the.... picture of the cathedral.... it....is... awesome....
What is it and where?  I gotta put into my list of places to visit.

http://www.koelner-dom.de/
-> Rundgang (walk around)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_Cathedral

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kölner_Dom

and yes, it is breathtaking. if you stand close in front of it and look up..  :o :o :o

Dimensions
Overall length outside            144.58 m   
Overall width outside      86.25 m   
Width of the west façade   61.54 m   
Height of the tower         157.31 m
Height of the transept façades   69.95 m   

not the best pic/panorama, but 1. it´s so big you can´t catch it with a normal cam and 2. i did not try to make a real good photo yet.. at the links you find better pics, i guess. that photo was taken during the soccer WM.
as well as this:

a more distant view. check out the bigger building at the right...  :)

pic from the front. the stone object in the front resembles 1:1 the tips of the towers!

one for you amis

when i was last in germany, we went to Koln by train, and, as we approached, everyone said, german and americans alike, "look at the dom!" (in english, just like that). I translated it to: "look at the DOME" ie, sports arena with a dome roof...  not DOM, german for Cathedral! So, i said, screw the dome, look at the church!

what needs to be said: if you cross the rhine with the train there is a dom at the left side and a dome at the right side..

cologne is relatively flat (mostly 2-4 levl houses) and few towers (mostly buisness)
suburbs and block-houses(?) are more outside

the nightlive (mostly bars/clubs and various discos) may be worth a visit.
i have never been in usa, but i can imagine that the general apearance of the city/nightlive is new (-> interesting) to usa ppl.

this bar is perhaps interesting for some: entrence is 20/25 E (Week/WE) incl. a drinking flatrate and contiuous show

Environmental rules for the red light district:

All male figures must make a LD check if the come within LOS of any designated brothels.
If they fail, they must spend an entire turn oogling.  At the end of the turn they make another leadership check.  I
Female figures can attempt to break them loose by expending one action to punch them in the shoulder.  If, after this, they fail the second LD check, they dissapear for the rest of the game, but are not counted as casualties.
The brothels cannot be targeted by any human forces other than the brotherhood.
AI and Dark legion models (other than cultists, dissadents, heretic Legionairres, or heretics) are not affected.

BONN & related

lion castle

has a nice view over the rhine, similar of the next one:

on the left the dragon rock castle (drachenfels).
right is a fashion castle some rich guy build ~1900
more right where all the fog is, is the rhine

from the drachenfels to down onto the rhine to the left

on this little island is a school (formerly only woman)

from the drachenfels to down onto the rhine to the right

the city you see is bonn. the center is on the other side of the rhine.
the part on this side has been added to bonn after the war, i think
theoretical you could see the dome on this photo

a final view

there are many more castles, as germany was ruled by small lords everywhere..
i wont bore you with more, as this photos give you an impression

the drachenfels was basically a tax station (they had a chain through the river to stop ships! (some hundred years ago))

HAMBURG

the pics show a part of a (world biggest??) model train permanent! exhibition in hamburg-
the room below is one of several!! it is HUGE with changing light and some examples of humor..

there are winter-style rooms, desterts a huge canion, hamburg city&stadium....... many more..

other bad things involve a drowned person... which is shown here..

remember the figs are small and the place is big, so it is not that predominat or easy to spot this details sometimes..
the figs are ~12-15mm?, size is called H0 scale

...  It's like looking for "Waldo".  Once you see an unexpected scene,  you just can't help but say, WOW!  There's something you don't see everyday!

-the street is the famous herbert-str. in hamburg. the red thing at the left is a barrier and the woman work behind the windows. it is just a very shot street between some 4 lvl houses.. those who have been to amsterdam know it similar but far more open and bigger.. its a small part/detail of a huge haburg city model..

the last you know..

beach at the harbour in hamburg. it streches faar along the chanal.

BOTTROP
not to forget my favorate bar. not in bonn but in bottrop..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 05:19:41 AM by Aldrien »
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Coki

• Chronopia World
Re: RL Bauhaus - Random Pics from Germany
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 05:41:32 AM »
Actually picture (for 5 minutes) from my homeplace in Hamburg. The have an fantastic day in Hamburg.

On the the second pictures can you see the tv tower from Hamburg. In the near of the tv tower is the central part of Hamburg. They can see, it is very green. ;)

regards,

Coki

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
Re: RL Bauhaus - Random Pics from Germany
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 12:58:08 AM »
some other pics

düsseldorf harbour at night

the kennedy bridge in bonn (view from the other side of the rhine)

kennedy bridge at night, same side, the white building is the theater/opera bonn
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 01:02:22 AM by Aldrien »
"Don´t anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."