Author Topic: Howard Day's  (Read 3632 times)

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Howard Day's
« on: April 21, 2007, 07:31:34 AM »
My Peoples,

This year I will be attending Howard Day's in Crossplains, Tx(REH's hometown and where he lived all of his life).  A friend of mine is giving a lecture on Howard's "Thurian Age" (The world of KULL) and I am going to support my friend as this is his first presentation he has ever given, outside of college.  As you may or may not know, Paradox (Dark Lord's curse on them) holds the rights to most of REH's works.  I have found out there will be several reps from Paradox there and was considering giving them a piece of my mind (and a swift kick in the butt).  Does anyone have any "sentiments" they wish me to express to the "gentlemen"  from Paradox while I'm at it.

BTW- REH stands for Robert E. Howard, the creator of CONAN, KULL, Bran Mac Morn, Soloman Kane, etc.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
Re: Howard Day's
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:18:27 AM »
Hello.

You would be wasting your time. They see money and only money, we "diehards" don't register to them. The rights to Mutant Chronicles belong to them as an IP, the joy of playing with good people belongs to us. The game lives and Paradox to me is a burr on the ass of reality.

wmeredith.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 09:20:43 AM by wmeredith »
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 01:37:36 PM »
Tell them that we still live and still have money to spend.  Ask them how much they have lost by gambling on a loser movie and collectable game that will never sell.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Iron Panda

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 06:42:06 PM »
Good luck, DogOWar.  It may not make a difference, but at least the reps will see that there are people out there that are passionate and dedicated about Chronopia and Warzone.  It's a long shot, but who knows?

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 06:50:11 PM »
Show them a Cartel symbol and see if the even know what it is.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 07:42:16 PM »
Show them a Cartel symbol and see if the even know what it is.
they wonīt (exept someone catched fire, but most likely not the big boss...)

if any decision guy would be a  fan, they would have extended the licence... (or rented it away again with better conditions..)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Jase

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 08:07:49 PM »
I wouldn't waste my breath - you'd only come across as a nutjob fanboy to them. But if any of the Dark Horse guys are there give them props for their Conan comic - I believe more swords and sorcery than the Marvel days (except for Savage Sword) and more  true to the portrayal of Howard's vision.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."