Author Topic: Talamania--details!!  (Read 66228 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Talamania--details!!
« on: April 16, 2007, 07:05:09 AM »
Date: Saturday May 19th and Sunday May 20th.
                 Philadelphia, PA
Events: Chronopia and Warzone, but others who bring other games and want to play all night are welcome.  I'd like the emphasis to be on playing people you don't get to play in your locale.  If people want to run tourneys, that's fine, but getting in a lot of gaming is paramount.

The space involved:  The downstairs is about 17' by 20' and includes a skateboard ramp (which will have a table set up on it) and a sunken hottub which will be covered by wood flooring to have tables set up.  Upstairs we will have a table set up in an area not unlike a diner booth, and another in a back room.  It's roughly the size of a Games Workshop battle room, but it's a private residence/art space.  Luckily, my friend Ryan is able to move most everything out of the way for us, so even though it will be tight, it's ON!!  Any spillover can be accomodated by setting up another three tables at my home which is close by.  A 90 second drive, counting lights and traffic. 
There is an Indian restaurant nearby.  There are two diners nearby, McDonalds, KFC, and a fantastic pizza place which can deliver there. 

Crash space:  Because of the area being occupied by all the tables, I will be opening my residence to five who need a place to sleep.  Bring sleeping bags, and REMEMBER THE DOGS!!  I want no asthma attacks.  For those insisting on a hotel, I'll post the info on the Comfort Inn on Delaware Avenue later (don't have it this second).

Money: For those of you who've sent a check already; you're money is being held 'til you get here, where you may pool it for beer/snacks/dinners or simply get it back. 

I got some pics of the space, but I'll admit, they're dark, but I'll shoot them to Bryon and see if he can attach them here with photobucket.  (I know Coil, it's deplorable.)

Questions:
Joshua Slater
work 9--5  est   215-569-4286
home   215-426-4062
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
Re: Talamania--details!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 07:09:31 AM »
Tight??? Who cares about tight. As long as I have room to **** my elbow and throw some dice and we have room to bury McGee's army of doom, Im happy. Lets rock!!!!
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Wedge

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 07:17:57 AM »
Sounds perfect!  I plan on moving the flooring out of the way and gaming WHILST in the hot-tub!   :o ;D

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 07:32:32 AM »
That's truly west coast style.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 07:58:58 AM »
I take it the halls was a bust then.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 08:34:56 AM »
You can't beat free.  You can't beat having the space all night.  You can't beat people having places to crash for free either. 

I don't know if I want to see this Wedge guy buck naked in the hot tub.  I DON'T think that's going to happen.

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 09:37:44 AM »
I take it the halls was a bust then.

For now my friend.... for now.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 09:52:21 AM »
Concerning the halls in a hotel : The problems were in no particular order
1.not available for 2 concecutive days
2. Available but too costly
3. available but in an inconvienient locale
4. available but too small for our needs
5. proven to be not necessary
6. use of the rooms even for 2 days was limited to a 1am occupancy time

I think Josh has done a great job pulling this together and getting us a space for unlimited use for 2 days at NO COST TO US. That in itself is a great benefit to those of us that are travelling. Knowing Josh the way I do, Im sure he was incredibly anxious while doing this and he will continue to be until Sun May 20th and weve all headed home. Im looking forward to this, both the gaming and the meeting of new gamers and friends.. ok the drinking is up there as well  :D

So lets get our travel plans together. Build our army/warbands. Bring your best dice, smiles,laughs, drinking elbows, fork holders and last but not least your desire for some great games and comraderie.

GAME ON !!!!
[/size]

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 02:06:10 PM »
Tight??? Who cares about tight. As long as I have room to **** my elbow and throw some dice and we have room to bury McGee's army of doom, Im happy. Lets rock!!!!

Heh - he said ****!  Wait - on, no, I've started it again, haven't I?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 02:09:34 PM »
Remember, to the five that I have extended crash-space - it is still open.  I am looking forward to having a bit of merriment at Casa McGee via the PS2 on the big screen, more boardgames than you can shake the proverbial stick at, and having folks watch my dog go all feeding frenzy on "the laaaser."
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 01:49:57 PM »

Don't get ****y!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 06:51:26 PM »

Don't get ****y!

You didn't say, "Great shot kid!"

Offline Jase

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 08:15:09 PM »
Wasn't this how Gen Con started? A group of guys in a garage gaming and bbqing when one said "Why don't we do this every year?"  ;D

Have fun guys!

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 03:39:54 AM »
I think that's how Nirvana started.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 06:35:11 AM »
Did someone say Bar B Que?  ;D

Homebase- Philadelphia