Author Topic: TALAMANIA Poll  (Read 20201 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: TALAMANIA Poll
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 08:03:15 PM »
Master Topkick, my lawyer dressed as a Vulkan says that the die is mine.

Master Topkick, what could I put in that hand that would make you forget about the die that you have in the other hand?

Master Topkick, the truth is that the die is not really there.

Master Topkick, that is not a die, but rather it is a dodecahedron with numerals upon it.

Master Topkick, I am delirious from sleep depravation.  I will now retire.  Good night.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 08:10:34 PM »
Wedge thinks on what his master has said, "Master Topkick... a great big bird flies overhead..."

The wise and learned Topkick replied, "Ha ha young student.  I shall not fall for that trick.  You would have me look up and while I my gaze is elsewhere you would snatch the die from my hand..."

"No really Master... look!"  said Wedge excitedly.

"You try to fool me in vain young one..."

Just then an enormous splat of bird doo lands on Topkick's head... he gazes skyward to curse his assailant.  Wedge seizes the opportunity and snatches the die from his master's hand!

Topkick grumbles... "Time for you to leave..."

;D

Indeed your Warzone Fu is weak young Wedge, for I am a Warzone Master. Played against; I cannot be beaten...Verbally assaulted; I cannot be out smack talked...Pooped at; I cannot be spattered. I am the wind.

Or is that a blowhard?  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Wedge

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 08:12:02 PM »
Wedge thinks on what his master has said, "Master Topkick... a great big bird flies overhead..."

The wise and learned Topkick replied, "Ha ha young student.  I shall not fall for that trick.  You would have me look up and while I my gaze is elsewhere you would snatch the die from my hand..."

Just then an enormous splat of bird doo lands on Topkick's head... he gazes skyward to curse his assailant.  Wedge seizes the opportunity and snatches the die from his master's hand!

;D

Indeed your Warzone Fu is weak young Wedge, for I am a Warzone Master. Played against; I cannot be beaten...Verbally assaulted; I cannot be out smack talked...Pooped at; I cannot be spattered. I am the wind.

Yeah... I'd go with blowhard...

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 08:16:53 PM »

;D

* note to self - When playing Topkick use Capitol with Great Greys and Purple Sharks... He doesnt look up even when warned.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 08:43:18 PM »

;D

Yeah... I'd go with blowhard...

That's it? That's the best you got? Your Smack Fu is indeed weak.  ;D I cannot believe that I'm talking smack to people and having to spoonfeed the opposition. I give you a great lead-in line like "I am the wind" and you skip it to repeat blowhard back at me. How about -

1) The wind?...more like breaking wind
2) You must be the wind cause your army blows
3) You're the W.I.N.D. alright - Weak Insignificant Nerdy Diceroller

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 02:22:12 AM »
in the mist of all this smack talking I just wanted add this.
I'm in favor of enviromental rules  ( I myself find it a great way to even the battlefield) at 1000pts with say a  objective and/or 2 hr  limit.
This should give some colorful battles and also allow us to cram as many games in as possible in the time we have.

Now back to your smack talking  :)
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 05:10:20 AM »
in the mist of all this smack talking I just wanted add this.
I'm in favor of enviromental rules  ( I myself find it a great way to even the battlefield) at 1000pts with say a  objective and/or 2 hr  limit.
This should give some colorful battles and also allow us to cram as many games in as possible in the time we have.

Now back to your smack talking  :)

I would like to take this opportunity that we never broke topic - bird poop and breaking wind ARE environmental factors  ;)  ;D

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 12:59:43 PM »
Ewwww...
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 01:28:58 PM »
I would like to take this opportunity that we never broke topic - bird poop and breaking wind ARE environmental factors  ;)  ;D

So are you  saying that you are a flying old fart???  :D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 02:01:38 PM »
I'am showing up for the fun of seeing everyone and will be glad to play anyone, any type board, and any amount of points. It would be nice to have a couple of multi-person scenario games.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 07:11:08 AM »
Master Say: beware the man from who wind blows hot and cold.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 12:39:45 PM »
Again...Ew...

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 12:54:16 PM »
Master Say: beware the man from who wind blows hot and cold.

Master also say that such a man is a blessing when the soup is hot and the blankets are cold.  :o

Wedge

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 02:03:24 PM »
You are all familiar with the Flying Dutchman... that scalawag of the seas...

But you have never met the Lying DutchOvenman!

That's right... blanket around the neck held tight...

Rip off a fart that could end a marriage... and kick those covers!

My wife hates me when I do that.  :P :-X
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 06:13:37 AM by Wedge »

Iron Panda

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2007, 04:43:07 AM »
But you have never met the Lying DutchOvenman

Love that euphemism.  Never had the chutzpah to do it though.

As for environmental rules with scenarios, I'm all for it.  It makes the games that much more fun and urgent.