Author Topic: TALAMANIA Poll  (Read 20203 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
TALAMANIA Poll
« on: April 15, 2007, 06:20:06 PM »
Folks, the only reason I am throwing this poll up here is that I want to be considerate to all involved.  I, myself, prefer a bit of structure, even if it isn't a "tourney."  There will be at least one computer with Army Builder on it to design armies on the fly.  I know that others are showing up just to have fun with folks with whom they like to game.

That said, I want you all to know that I am showing up, and will play whichever way we all decide to throw it down.  My foremost desire is to get together with you, all, and have a fantastic time playing, shooting the breeze, and telling stories afterwards.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 06:21:45 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: TALAMANIA Poll
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 06:29:57 PM »
I'm not overly fond of the environmental rules since I watched them screw a guy at Origins a couple of years ago.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline wmeredith

• Ebay sig. 9390william.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 06:35:45 PM »
Hello.

Structure to the event means we have more fun because of less confusion. I personally will have a 750. 1000, and a 1500 point bauhaus romanov list ready for the event. And should have my devout ready by then with as many lists.

wmeredith
Wise men say absolute power corrupts absolutely I am not a wise man.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 06:39:57 PM »
I'm not overly fond of the environmental rules since I watched them screw a guy at Origins a couple of years ago.

I have been "screwed" like that, but still enjoy the rules.  We can, of course, have several tables setup with no environmental rules - plenty of fighting occurs over obtaining choice pieces of real estate!  ;D
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 06:43:48 PM »

I have been "screwed" like that, but still enjoy the rules.  We can, of course, have several tables setup with no environmental rules - plenty of fighting occurs over obtaining choice pieces of real estate!  ;D

Having things set up but with environmental rules optional would work. Have the enviro rules set but then leave it to the players to decide on using them or severity of the enviro rules would be cool
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 06:45:20 PM »
Works for me - nice suggestion.

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 07:08:15 PM »
Ill play anyway. Im just looking forward to throwing dice with some great guys and having a good time. The enviro rules add a bit of flavor, like a soulslayer being able to close on a vulkan without getting chewed thanks to a timely FAILED enviro roll  ;D
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 07:09:29 PM »

Having things set up but with environmental rules optional would work. Have the enviro rules set but then leave it to the players to decide on using them or severity of the enviro rules would be cool

Hey Top <grinning> Whats the matter scared of a little weather???  :D

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 07:17:16 PM »
Ill play anyway. Im just looking forward to throwing dice with some great guys and having a good time. The enviro rules add a bit of flavor, like a soulslayer being able to close on a vulkan without getting chewed thanks to a timely FAILED enviro roll  ;D

I have to admit, having your opponent fail an environmental, yet it became an advantage for him, truly, sucked.

PhillySniper and I were doing a cavern fight.  His DL: Muawijhe force against my Bauhaus.  My Vulkans had night vision gear, but were blinded when Bryon failed his enviro roll - critically!  The ground opened up and spewed lava, ash and steam in a 8" radius on his squad leader (a squad of Soulslayers).  My Vulkans couldn't see a thing - except for the claws reaching out of the smoke to kill them (yeah, the soulslayers made their ATS saves).  One of my Vulkans managed a CC kill of one of the Soulslayers, but that was it for me - Bryon won that one, "handily," by blowing an enviro roll, no less!

I won't even get into why one should never take Vulkans underground.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 07:18:58 PM »

Me? Nah -- I'm nigh invulnerable.  :D As long as no one slips some kryptonite into my dessert I can handle anything. Just looking out for you mortal types.  ;D

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 07:21:33 PM »

Me? Nah -- I'm nigh invulnerable.  :D As long as no one slips some kryptonite into my dessert I can handle anything. Just looking out for you mortal types.  ;D

Yeah yeah yeah thats what they all say. <sniffs> Smells like chicken  ;D

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 07:23:44 PM »

Yeah yeah yeah thats what they all say. <sniffs> Smells like chicken  ;D

Smells like chicken huh? Better check the bottom of your shoes  :o  ;D

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 07:24:36 PM »
I will... right after I get finished walking all over your "army"  ;D

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 07:30:50 PM »
Hey top.....
Congrats on 1000 posts!!!!!!

Homebase- Philadelphia

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 07:34:44 PM »
I will... right after I get finished walking all over your "army"  ;D

I've been trying to remember to keep my miniatures cases out of the aisle. Sorry about that.   :P

...and thanks  ;D