Author Topic: Talamania--business end.  (Read 20946 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Talamania--business end.
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2007, 09:15:55 AM »
Josh that price I quoted from the Clarion was $500 for 2 days with a room big enough for 55 people. I know its not available but other hotels should be in that range.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Wedge

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2007, 09:18:18 AM »
Ha ha.  Seriously, Ryan has a large space and is willing to have us, gratis.  I figure we'll just bring him enough beer to make him happy.  On the upside, we can play all day and all night.  People can bring sleeping bags to crash there, or at my place, or McGee is booked (right) and we'll have others who can provide shelter.  If this option is viable, I'll need to get plywood and enough tables set up.  That will be possible.  You can't beat the cost of this, but I want to go there and give y'all some idea of how big it is.  Digital camera mode is on.  I'll be over there in the next couple days, and calling the halls in the area too.

The original rooms that Bryon was quoted on are already booked.  They gave me some spiel about the wrong price being quoted too, but now I'm in full "stick it to the man" mode, and would like to get us a space that's cheaper, warmer and fuzzier.

Great work guys on getting all this stuff taken care of.  Those of us travelling abroad would like to help but obviously cannot.  You have my deepest thanks for making this work.  I know we're going to have a great time when we play together and playing around the clock at your buddy's place for ZERO dollars makes it even sweeter!

I am already buying drinks for Phillysniper what's one more person eh?  Or two... or three... or twenty...  ;)

For now I will pass around some karma until I can pass a cold one in person!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 09:20:32 AM by Wedge »

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2007, 03:02:02 AM »
I'll check with the VFW around my way.  If memory serves me well, they were very inexpensive for my wedding.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2007, 05:22:29 AM »
Please do not take the following as criticism. It is meant as an explaination for our lack of a firm commitment at this point.

The Boys from Illinois Logistic Officer - Southpaw - is trying to co-ordindate a trip but we are afraid to commit our meger resources without some concrete intell. We don't want to commit our money  to a hotel only to find out the event has been moved and we are now across town or in the wrong city altogether.

From a purely economic standpoint the offer of your friends place seems the best. It provides a place for us to play, party and crash - all in one. Speaking for myself, I would rather make a donation to the host than a hotel chain. Parking would be the only drawback. Is it limited or would there be enough for everyone.

As soon as the logistics are nailed down we will firm up our travel plans and post our final decision to play or pass on Talamania 1.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2007, 05:37:42 AM »
Please do not take the following as criticism. It is meant as an explaination for our lack of a firm commitment at this point.

The Boys from Illinois Logistic Officer - Southpaw - is trying to co-ordindate a trip but we are afraid to commit our meger resources without some concrete intell. We don't want to commit our money  to a hotel only to find out the event has been moved and we are now across town or in the wrong city altogether.

From a purely economic standpoint the offer of your friends place seems the best. It provides a place for us to play, party and crash - all in one. Speaking for myself, I would rather make a donation to the host than a hotel chain. Parking would be the only drawback. Is it limited or would there be enough for everyone.

As soon as the logistics are nailed down we will firm up our travel plans and post our final decision to play or pass on Talamania 1.

I cant speak for everyone but totally know were you coming from.
Hopefully dave can get lucky with the VFW as I think (barring hall space) this is the best option.
and we all can get a game in    :)

on side note:
if you do come down how do you feel about squeezing a game of LOS/planetstorm in between warzone games.
got lots pretty painted machines..hell might even finish painting up some fantiasians.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2007, 05:57:07 AM »
Was planning on bringing the demo kit but if there is enough interest in it I will bring my stuff and set up a board or two.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2007, 06:15:16 AM »
Well more news regarding the warehouse space.  I will post digital pictures with Bryon.  I'm also going to run Bill Meredith over to eyeball the space. 

My other friend at work is a member of the Mummers organization.  He tells me we can use their tables and chairs (again, for free!) for our event.  When the pics are posted and all agree, we will finalize these details.  It is close to my house, there are restaurants of fast food and better, two diners nearby, and if some are more comfortable having a hotel room, I will shuttle people around town, in my car.  Bryon's already picking up Wedge, so we have some options.  People can crash there, and I'll have room at my place as well.  For those making the long trip, it should prove to be very economical.

I'm still going to look into the VFW hall down the street from me, but getting them on the phone has been fruitless. 

EDIT:  Parking in the city is not terrible, as we won't be in the bustling downtown.  Any issues with that will involve a quick trip over to my spot, about a half mile or less away, and me shuttling y'all back to the spot.  Again, free.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 06:20:33 AM by joshuaslater »
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2007, 06:35:12 AM »
Was planning on bringing the demo kit but if there is enough interest in it I will bring my stuff and set up a board or two.

Nice...havent played Planetstorm yet, love to see how it plays out.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »
I got a game for ya's too, but will wait for another venue.  As for shuttle services, I will gladly pick up amyone who needs a ride from the airport (obviously, I will pick up Coil, as he's crashing here).

@ Coil:  Let me know when you are coming in - the airport is less than 10 minutes from my place.

If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2007, 12:38:32 PM »
I'm looking at the one space tonight, and the halls tomorrow.  Stay tuned. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA