Author Topic: Clonus Horror  (Read 3859 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Clonus Horror
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:56:23 AM »
Major Anderson went into the underground chamber below his office.

"Status report" he demanded of the technomancer.
The bald man pursed his lips for a moment,  "The first test was a failure; the cloning failed to form properly.  We will need to move slower on the layering of the Dark Symmetric Mold Forming Paste.'
Major Anderson gritted his teeth, "Very well.  We are ahead on our other projects for now and by next week we will start in on Mishima.  Take your time and proceed with caution.  But do not fail me again."
Soon, thought the major, soon the powers will answer to me!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Clonus Horror
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 11:47:38 AM »
The mold maker stuff calls for 8-10 layers.  I just poured it all in and figured 24 hours later it would be done.  The problem is, in the core of the fig, where they were holding the weapons it never dried so that area was a complete loss.  I had to ditch the mold and start from scratch.  This time I'll 8 thin layers followed by the "rice" layer.  The flip and repeat.  I was shooting for having the molds complete by Monday but at this rate that isn't going to happen.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Re: Clonus Horror
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 06:32:44 PM »
I used some stuff called Mold-maker.  Looks like it probably air dries (no accelerant) and takes for freaking ever.  Not happy but it was the only thing locally available.  Maybe next time I'll just buy a kit.  I will not be able to even finish the mold until after I get back at the end of the month.  Even then I'll probably have to start from scratch again. >:(