Author Topic: Talamania I  (Read 26697 times)

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
Re: Talamania I
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 08:24:53 AM »
The question is will that space be available for late night gaming were a hotels conference room would be for all night.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Archer

• Board Member
  • Member Emeritus
  • Warzone General extrodinare based in Reading, PA
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 08:27:36 AM »
The question is will that space be available for late night gaming were a hotels conference room would be for all night.

Very good point.

Incidentally, I see an irony in the Philadelphia Ethical Society location; considering what they are about (read the webpage) and the fact we'd be playing wargames (which are all about putting someone in the ground) there...  How odd.
John "Archer" Tinney

"Ready?"
"Why do your people always ask if someone is ready, just before you do something massively unwise?"
"Tradition."

- Jeffrey Sinclair and Delenn, Babylon 5: "War Without End, Part One" y

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007, 08:30:17 AM »
Philadelphia Ethical Society
Sounds like a branch of the Cartel to me. :)

I may bring one or two armies of my own but I haven't decided yet. I'm sure there will be plenty of armies to borrow.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 09:05:54 AM »
Well the hotel option gives us 8am to midnite; maybe we can negotiate for more time.

The Ethical Society has had many gaming events there, and rock bands, so yes, it is ironic, but it is an option.

If the conference rooms have to shut down early we can set up some tables in hotel rooms for people who want to play all night.  I'll be bringing my folding tables as well, so again, it's feasible.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007, 09:23:58 AM »
If your getting a conference room for 2 days say saturday and sunday you can play all night. I looked into the Clarion in Cherry hill it was $500 for SAT/SUN thats $25 dollars a person for 20 people for both days. There is only a discount if 10 rooms are rented, but the weekend of the 19/20 is not available. Others hotels should be in this range but i'am not familiar with the area.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline PhillySniper

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2007, 07:21:08 PM »
"Listen my DOGS!!
 Theres Fuel at that Captiol city ripe for the taking.
   All we got to do is drive over Archer Road to Victroy!"
        *(insert cheering crowd)*
      "Load your guns, start your Engines, and kiss your whores good bye.
                              We Ride!!!"
                  *(insert the sound loud engines and random gun shots)*

-Lord H.

LORD H !!!!!!!!

You are now squarely in the sites of the targeting computers of SKYNET. Your use of a Deathdroid powercore for your microphone is an affront to the perfection that is SKYNET!
We will recover any SKYNET property in your possession by force. We will silence your "ARMY" < insert robotic sarcastic sneer> once and for all! SO bring the rabble that you call warriors and the junk heaps you call Necromowers and prepare to face the awesome might and perfection of THE MACHINE. Gather any amount of the citizen of Bartertown and meet me on 19MAY2007 on the field of battle. We will not be denied and we cannot be stopped. Consider yourself warned.
Shoot First and ask questions later.

Homebase- Philadelphia
Ebay name. Phillychocolatem

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2007, 04:58:00 AM »
LORD H !!!!!!!!

You are now squarely in the sites of the targeting computers of SKYNET. Your use of a Deathdroid powercore for your microphone is an affront to the perfection that is SKYNET!
We will recover any SKYNET property in your possession by force. We will silence your "ARMY" < insert robotic sarcastic sneer> once and for all! SO bring the rabble that you call warriors and the junk heaps you call Necromowers and prepare to face the awesome might and perfection of THE MACHINE. Gather any amount of the citizen of Bartertown and meet me on 19MAY2007 on the field of battle. We will not be denied and we cannot be stopped. Consider yourself warned.

lackey: Hey boss your old microphone is acting funny again.
Lord H. : Hit it on the sides a few times...it might need new batteries or something.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:21:15 AM by masherking »
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 06:23:53 AM »
Counterattack! :o
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2007, 11:52:42 AM »
Counterattack! :o

;D
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 05:12:30 PM »
Okay folks, as the day draws nearer, I would like to get some of the non-business stuff set.

Is this a tourney?  Is either day set aside for a tourney?

If a tourney for UWZ and/or Chronopia, what are the rules, terrain, points, etc.?

If someone needs me to set all this stuff up, I am only good to go with that on the UWZ front as I am no where near the expert on Chronopia as I am on UWZ.  I will defer to any other person who wishes to set up the Chronopia part of it.

That said, please, let me know how you, all, feel about conducting a tourney on either or both days with either or both games.

Obviously, I am okay with no tourney, at all, and just gaming our collective posteriors off amongst the company of good friends.  Let me know
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2007, 05:17:02 PM »
I don't know how much room there is going to be in my car, so if we have a tournament(s) lets not have a bulky prize or trophy -- I might not be able to transport it/them back  ;D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2007, 05:19:22 PM »
Wedge, you mentioned that you want to play DL.  I have plenty of DL figs and would like to have them painted up for you by the time you get here.

Put together some forces and e-mail me the lists to see if I have the figs, and to ensure that they have some paint on them when you use them.

Coil, anything you need?  I have DL, Bauhaus, and a smattering of Capitol.

I haven't heard from Tim Lewicki...I'll give him a shout.

TIM!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2007, 05:20:20 PM »
I don't know how much room there is going to be in my car, so if we have a tournament(s) lets not have a bulky prize or trophy -- I might not be able to transport it/them back  ;D

Okay, so Top's up for a tourney...any other victims?

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2007, 05:21:48 PM »

IF we have a tournament -- I can take it or leave it when it comes to tourneys....I play for fun
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »

IF we have a tournament -- I can take it or leave it when it comes to tourneys....I play for fun

I hear ya, Top.  It is perfectly fine by me if we do not have a tourney.  I am really looking forward to meeting you, all, face-to-face, finally, and playing some games with you.

That said, I wanted to know if anyone else wanted a bit of set rules to play by (such as environment, etc.) in order to give it a feel of a tourney.  No prizes, just fun.